Author Topic: 49th Fighter Group Homecoming Mega B-29 Raid  (Read 8532 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: 49th Fighter Group Homecoming Mega B-29 Raid
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2016, 04:06:13 PM »
Again..it's probably not a bug it's a feature and I'm assuming you mean taking advantage of that feature by saying exploit so I'm just curious in what way did they take advantage of that feature? How did it help them? Nobody can kill nobody off map unless you make them auger at 20k (we were still climbing on first encounter) or run them out of fuel neither of which happened as we found out about the feature we immediately turned back on map....maybe I'm missing something someone please enlighten me
Look at the comparative range of the b29 against the interceptors and think about who stands to gain an advantage hanging around off the map. That's the issue... you fly 30 to 45 minutes expecting a fight and they run over to where it can't happen.

That is why people are annoyed.

With that said, it is very possible that Merlin really didn't realize ammo is ineffective off map, and this is already two days old, so who gives a damn at this point anyway. If it doesn't happen next time, no harm no foul in my book...
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2016, 04:06:43 PM »

We've been a squad for about eight years. I've been in the squad for about four. I could dig up old emails but you're not worth the time.

Our gunnery was just fine. We killed countless numbers of 152's, jugs, and 163's. The B-29 does have one of the best defensive gun packages in the game, But it means nothing when you're overwhelmed. You barley put a dent in us before we got over your strats and you upped at least 23 163's. I shot down five 163's and one 152. Our gunnery was just fine thank you very much.

Our ACM as a group is just fine. Sure we have some people who aren't aces but we do have some very good fighter pilots. Our squad isn't focused on ACM or fighters so you really can't talk crap. Our squad is about having fun and doing whatever we like.

The fact that you're crying about the HQ means that it is indeed a strategic target.

We've been flying FSO for a long time, usually with about 15 people. 8/8/2008 we had 9 people in FSO. Try again smart guy.

We got jumped because we made our mission public for a month before we launched it.

We flew off the map, as planned from the start.

Had had a few bombers make it home, Even less landed due to vulching on final. This was because there were at least 23 163's that upped to kill us. You barley touched us before we got within 163 range.

We know exactly what we're doing. In fact we knew there would be a horde of 163's, so we took out the fuel at the 163 base before our main mission got there. The fuel was resupplied before we got there too.

You complain about our mission, But you don't provide constructive criticism. You bash the 49ThFg, but you know nothing about it. I can't decide if you're a troll or an idiot.

I will refrain from calling you what I wish so that I do not get "see rule #4" but in retrospect you sound like a child.

No one is here "complaining", go read what I initially wrote.

I wasn't even there, but based on what I gather your mission pretty much failed, other than " you had fun" and had a good turn out of pilots, who all got shot down   :rofl

Your point of attacking the HQ is F ing stupid. It doesn't help your team win the map, it can be resuplied in under 30 min. It only eliminates dar and does nothing else to support base taking. Hello.... The bases still flash, dee dee dee. Let me ask, in the time you did or didn't kill HQ, (I'm not sure if you even made it) how many bases were captured by your team 30 minutes later?

You fly your bombers straight into a birds nest of 163s, gee that's smart, what could possibly go wrong? "We hit their gas but it was ressuped immediately" no crap Sherlock, how did you not expect that? Everyone knew it was you.

You could have used all of those bombers to destroy an entire front of base towns, fighter hangers, vehicle hangers, and destroyed the city so towns take longer to pop. Then your country men would have a very easy time capturing bases. But ohh noo, we are going to be selfish noobs and destroy a HQ that takes maybe 3 bombers in total to take down, while we watch players log off in bordem after. If your idea of winning a map is successful by watching players log off than you again arent doing anything strategic at all, you are just making the game less fun to play. (Ie. you win maps because people log off instead of winning the map based on strategic concepts that allow you to take bases more quickly, even if there are a lot of players on).   

Does anyone here have any recollection of the 49th being around for 8 years? So in 2015 y'all just decided to attack the HQ every day and make yourself known on the BBs? The past 7 years your squad has barely even been recognized until the past 8 months rather?

Let's face it, besides the player turn out and the enjoyment of flying 30-40 bombers, what did the overall mission actually achieve on the map? So far I am hearing very little. An HQ kill and a gas strat that was easily ressuped? That's it? I mean come on dude, we both know you could have planned a much more strategic riad that would have benefited your mission goers and country men much more, along with possibly winning the map quickly after. You obviously have ignored everyone's advice here, attempt to game the game so your squad could even make it to the strats successfully, and don't even tower out and roll at another base while you watched red dar bars heading right toward you?

You got jumped because you don't know enough about the game yet, face it, it's not because you posted your mission plans here. Man up and face the fact that you still have more learning to do and to not get hurt or quit over critisisms. That's all my original post intended to mean, but you are acting like I'm shunning you. Now I am shunning you because of what your reply was to that. Trust me, you do not want to argue with me about this because I know more about the game than you and how to be more successful in all aspects of flying.  You got me on the tanking part, but I don't waste my time in air combat game.

Stop acting immature and learn from your mistakes and respect what people have to say so your missions are more successful on the map as well as with your peers.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2016, 04:20:01 PM »
Look at the comparative range of the b29 against the interceptors and think about who stands to gain an advantage hanging around off the map. That's the issue... you fly 30 to 45 minutes expecting a fight and they run over to where it can't happen.

That is why people are annoyed.

With that said, it is very possible that Merlin really didn't realize ammo is ineffective off map, and this is already two days old, so who gives a damn at this point anyway. If it doesn't happen next time, no harm no foul in my book...
gotcha thanks bud ,Merlin has already stated in His post he didn't know about the ammo being ineffective off map :salute
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2016, 04:42:55 PM »
Dallas, "you bash but don't give constructive criticism"

You dont read too well aye? Some of the first posts were exactly that and you came back defensive like the little cry baby you are.

Flying off map = lame

Hope to see more of these types of missions just with mistakes learned fixed next time...so as to A still have an effective mission and B not game the game or ruin another's fun in the game.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline VolsCAF

• Zinc Member
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2016, 09:58:26 PM »
Don't post in here often but I thought the raid was brilliant. Nice change of pace and interesting twist to the rather redundant MA experience. All the other junk aside, thanks for organizing and pulling it off. Like everyone, I have opinions about stuff that goes on in AH but I try to remember it's a game. Getting people to agree on anything around here is worse than trying to get something positive out of DC. No matter what you do, someone won't like it. Count on it.

<S> 49'rs

Gooz
AKA GreyGooz
The 47 Ronin
http://the-47-ronin.org/

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2016, 01:21:23 AM »
I will refrain from calling you what I wish so that I do not get "see rule #4" but in retrospect you sound like a child.

No one is here "complaining", go read what I initially wrote.

I wasn't even there, but based on what I gather your mission pretty much failed, other than " you had fun" and had a good turn out of pilots, who all got shot down   :rofl

Your point of attacking the HQ is F ing stupid. It doesn't help your team win the map, it can be resuplied in under 30 min. It only eliminates dar and does nothing else to support base taking. Hello.... The bases still flash, dee dee dee. Let me ask, in the time you did or didn't kill HQ, (I'm not sure if you even made it) how many bases were captured by your team 30 minutes later?

You fly your bombers straight into a birds nest of 163s, gee that's smart, what could possibly go wrong? "We hit their gas but it was ressuped immediately" no crap Sherlock, how did you not expect that? Everyone knew it was you.

You could have used all of those bombers to destroy an entire front of base towns, fighter hangers, vehicle hangers, and destroyed the city so towns take longer to pop. Then your country men would have a very easy time capturing bases. But ohh noo, we are going to be selfish noobs and destroy a HQ that takes maybe 3 bombers in total to take down, while we watch players log off in bordem after. If your idea of winning a map is successful by watching players log off than you again arent doing anything strategic at all, you are just making the game less fun to play. (Ie. you win maps because people log off instead of winning the map based on strategic concepts that allow you to take bases more quickly, even if there are a lot of players on).   

Does anyone here have any recollection of the 49th being around for 8 years? So in 2015 y'all just decided to attack the HQ every day and make yourself known on the BBs? The past 7 years your squad has barely even been recognized until the past 8 months rather?

Let's face it, besides the player turn out and the enjoyment of flying 30-40 bombers, what did the overall mission actually achieve on the map? So far I am hearing very little. An HQ kill and a gas strat that was easily ressuped? That's it? I mean come on dude, we both know you could have planned a much more strategic riad that would have benefited your mission goers and country men much more, along with possibly winning the map quickly after. You obviously have ignored everyone's advice here, attempt to game the game so your squad could even make it to the strats successfully, and don't even tower out and roll at another base while you watched red dar bars heading right toward you?

You got jumped because you don't know enough about the game yet, face it, it's not because you posted your mission plans here. Man up and face the fact that you still have more learning to do and to not get hurt or quit over critisisms. That's all my original post intended to mean, but you are acting like I'm shunning you. Now I am shunning you because of what your reply was to that. Trust me, you do not want to argue with me about this because I know more about the game than you and how to be more successful in all aspects of flying.  You got me on the tanking part, but I don't waste my time in air combat game.

Stop acting immature and learn from your mistakes and respect what people have to say so your missions are more successful on the map as well as with your peers.

My brain hurts after reading this.

If you weren't there why are you commenting? You have your facts wrong. Our mission was successful and we did have pilots successfully land.

The HQ is a strategic target or you wouldn't even be talking about it. The HQ can stop attacks and allow for the easier taking of bases.

We did fly our mission straight into a horde of at least 23 163's. I knew this would happen since the day the mission was conceived. We tried to prepare by taking out the fuel strat and the fuel at the 163 base to lessen the 163's fuel time.

You tell me that our mission should've hit the city and front line bases to try to win the map? I hate to break it to you but our mission hit the city.

I'm not even going to comment. You're an idiot.

What the mission achieved: First and foremost we had fun. This game is about having fun and it should always be the priority. We hit our targets. We got as many bombers home as possible. We kept probably 40-40 people busy fighting our mission. The bish never took any of our bases while we were on our mission, Like that had promised to do. We also managed to break the day to day monotony with something new, A mega mission.

If you want to know what we achieved you should've been there rather than crying about it after the fact and using false information.

"We both know you could've planned a much more strategic raid" You know, It doesn't get much more strategic than hitting the strats. Strats a.k.a. strategic targets.

"You don't even tower out and roll at another base" It really would've made no difference. Interceptors covered half our country, Any base we would've upped from they would've came to. It's not hard to see a darbar and go to it.

"You got jumped because you don't know enough about the game yet, face it, it's not because you posted your mission plans here." You're really smart. A squad of people who intercepted us shortly after takeoff, directly said they did so because we announced the mission in a previous post.

"Trust me, you do not want to argue with me about this because I know more about the game than you and how to be more successful in all aspects of flying." That's cute. Just because all you do is fly fighters means nothing. I do everything this game has to offer and I do it well. Just because I can't beat the top 10% of fighters who've been playing for 15 years and this and that and yada yada means nothing, I'm a balanced player. Fighter pilots are going to be good in fighters. You say you know more about the game, But you're obviously lost on a few things. For one you didn't know the city was a strategic target, Much like the HQ. Secondly you seemingly don't know who the 49ThFG is, Or how long it's been around. Lastly and most importantly you think you could make a better mission than us. I challenge you to do just that. Make a better mission than us. You must publicly announce it one month ahead of the launch date on the forums. You must not go off the map. This mission must be a bomber mission. The gauntlet has been thrown down, You must prove yourself.

"Stop acting immature and learn from your mistakes and respect what people have to say so your missions are more successful on the map as well as with your peers." Maybe you should take your own advice.  :aok

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2016, 09:07:13 AM »
OMFG.... you people...

People not involved complaining, people involved that knew the plan complaining, people complaining other people are complaining...

With the posts in this thread alone I see why people are soured and have no desire to be a part of this forum... Idiots will always drag you down to their level and simply beat you with experience, don't bother Dallas.....

I switched countries for the first time in the MA to join this mission. I dont' care that i got shredded by 163's at the end, we had an hour an a half of tense moments with various fighters intercepting our bomber group.

To those who are CRYING cheat regarding going off map, if we wanted to cheat in that fashion you would have seen the whole group travel off map... but did that happen> NO. we turned around a half sector over the line after realizing that no guns work, and our tail group had caught up. SO, To the whiner that flew across the map who A: didn't get a b-29 vulch on takeoff, and B: saw the group go off map for 7.36minutes whilst worrying about their own fuel? Sounds like you didn't game the mission right bro? you mad bro? 

To the whiner that wasn't a part of this in any way shape or form, why do we care what you think? 

This knit had fun for a night as a rook, thanks 49th for giving us a chance to group up, for whatever the reason.    :aok

PS Merlin, you want film? I ended up with 4-5 split up films up until my b-29 was only a falling fuselage....
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2016, 09:25:29 AM »
SO, To the whiner that flew across the map who A: didn't get a b-29 vulch on takeoff, and B: saw the group go off map for 7.36minutes whilst worrying about their own fuel? Sounds like you didn't game the mission right bro? you mad bro? 

quite amazing how he was able to fly 120/150 miles and be on top of the b29s as they were only 25 miles out from base.. no way there was any kind of spying going on cough cough but.. lets pay attention to the 10 mile turn off the map as the cheat( to my knowledge airfield they were lifting off from was not announced by them though certainly a possibility a slim one but possible)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2016, 10:13:00 AM »
stabbyy I flew about 8 sectors to hit the b29's while on take off.  it's not really hard to guess which base the mission was gonna take off from.  it had to be a base at the edge of the map in order to give time to climb.  there were only 3 possible choices and only 1 could accommodate a b29 taking off safely.  and the other 2 were less than 1 sector away anyway.

we took off about 45 min to 1 hour before the mission take off, we climbed to 30k and proceeded to move in.  I got my first 2 b29 kills while they were at 10k.  that's 3.5 higher than the base they took off from.

it wasnt that difficult to figure out the exact time of the mission as there were 50 rooks sitting in the tower for about 45 minutes. we kept checking every few seconds till we saw the big jump.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2016, 10:34:44 AM »
well, I'm also top 10 bomber rank this tour because I've had more time to play, that means I'm better at bombing and attacking than you too.... :police:. by the way, I achieved this using a mouse as I didnt have a JS for the first 1 1/2 weeks of the tour.  :rofl

"The HQ is a strategic target or you wouldn't even be talking about it. The HQ can stop attacks and allow for the easier taking of bases."

So getting people to log off will stop attacks. Gee that's a great accomplishment Dallas!!! I wish I was that smart.

"I hate to break it to you but our mission hit the city."

That's cool, and what did you team achieve after you destroyed all the stats? How many bases did you capture 30-60 min after the raid? If it is less than 2, your raid didn't work out that well, no offense, it was just a bunch of people flying around in bombers bombing watermelon with no real overall objective, other than to hit a HQ which is still the stupidest target to aim for on the map.

"What the mission achieved: First and foremost we had fun. This game is about having fun and it should always be the priority. We hit our targets. We got as many bombers home as possible. We kept probably 40-40 people busy fighting our mission. The bish never took any of our bases while we were on our mission, Like that had promised to do. We also managed to break the day to day monotony with something new, A mega mission"

Hey dickweed, I gave you that praise in my first post but that obviously flew over your head because you are too busy being a dickweed.

"than crying about it after the fact and using false information."

Who the F is crying, I haven't complained about anything, I tried to give you advice in my first post and you straight up attacked me for it, can you not read? The information I've received has been correct, and from what I hear, non of your bombers made it home, only a couple of escorts.

"We both know you could've planned a much more strategic raid" You know, It doesn't get much more strategic than hitting the strats. Strats a.k.a. strategic targets."

Just because you hit a few strats doesn't make your mission strategic. That's why I still think you have a lot of learning to do.

"It really would've made no difference. Interceptors covered half our country, Any base we would've upped from they would've came to. It's not hard to see a darbar and go to it."

Uhhh, it would have mattered, It would have caused Semp and his crew to fly another 5 sectors, maybe running out of gas, for them to redirect their hoard to the other side of your bases. You would not have been vulched, and you would have outsmarted the field. This is a lot less dweebier than flying off the map.

"A squad of people who intercepted us shortly after takeoff, directly said they did so because we announced the mission in a previous post."

See, you just contradicted your previous statement. If you would have all towered out and choose to up from a base on the other side of your territory, your bombers wouldn't have been vulched shortly after take off.

"For one you didn't know the city was a strategic target"

That's BS, I know what "strats" are.

"Secondly you seemingly don't know who the 49ThFG is, Or how long it's been around."

I don't think anyone does, you guys just started to make a fuss about yourselves last year... No one has ever heard of the 49th before last year.

"Lastly and most importantly you think you could make a better mission than us. I challenge you to do just that. Make a better mission than us. You must publicly announce it one month ahead of the launch date on the forums. You must not go off the map. This mission must be a bomber mission. The gauntlet has been thrown down, You must prove yourself."

I simply cannot base my schedule around a game. I have done countless missions in the past with the 367th, the 71st squad, and the AOM, to know what I am talking about. I have played more FSOs than your whole squad combined, I have been apart of missions that were great success and missions that failed. I know how to be strategic in AH. I mostly choose to fly fighters because that is where the most fun is. I only have a limited time to play and would rather enjoy fighting people in air planes than avoiding them in boring bombers. If I wanted to fly around the map all day and avoid fighters, I'd simply play Microsoft Flight Simulator.

I know it's hard to plan, but if you choose to run this mission on a small map, you will get vulched most of the time. The best map to do your mission on is Compello. If you choose to fly it on a small map, it will be doomed from the start.

1 more thing. Why would you not kill the HQ first and then roll your missions?

Why not re-roll your mission after you kill the HQ the first time?

Why wouldn't yall just go base to base bombing VH, FHs, and towns thus by making easy to capture bases for the rest of your country?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:01:49 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2016, 11:47:24 AM »
well, I'm also top 10 bomber rank this tour because I've had more time to play, that means I'm better at bombing and attacking than you too.... :police:. by the way, I achieved this using a mouse as I didnt have a JS for the first 1 1/2 weeks of the tour.  :rofl

"The HQ is a strategic target or you wouldn't even be talking about it. The HQ can stop attacks and allow for the easier taking of bases."

So getting people to log off will stop attacks. Gee that's a great accomplishment Dallas!!! I wish I was that smart.

"I hate to break it to you but our mission hit the city."

That's cool, and what did you team achieve after you destroyed all the stats? How many bases did you capture 30-60 min after the raid? If it is less than 2, your raid didn't work out that well, no offense, it was just a bunch of people flying around in bombers bombing watermelon with no real overall objective, other than to hit a HQ which is still the stupidest target to aim for on the map.

"What the mission achieved: First and foremost we had fun. This game is about having fun and it should always be the priority. We hit our targets. We got as many bombers home as possible. We kept probably 40-40 people busy fighting our mission. The bish never took any of our bases while we were on our mission, Like that had promised to do. We also managed to break the day to day monotony with something new, A mega mission"

Hey dickweed, I gave you that praise in my first post but that obviously flew over your head because you are too busy being a dickweed.

"than crying about it after the fact and using false information."

Who the F is crying, I haven't complained about anything, I tried to give you advice in my first post and you straight up attacked me for it, can you not read? The information I've received has been correct, and from what I hear, non of your bombers made it home, only a couple of escorts.

"We both know you could've planned a much more strategic raid" You know, It doesn't get much more strategic than hitting the strats. Strats a.k.a. strategic targets."

Just because you hit a few strats doesn't make your mission strategic. That's why I still think you have a lot of learning to do.

"It really would've made no difference. Interceptors covered half our country, Any base we would've upped from they would've came to. It's not hard to see a darbar and go to it."

Uhhh, it would have mattered, It would have caused Semp and his crew to fly another 5 sectors, maybe running out of gas, for them to redirect their hoard to the other side of your bases. You would not have been vulched, and you would have outsmarted the field. This is a lot less dweebier than flying off the map.

"A squad of people who intercepted us shortly after takeoff, directly said they did so because we announced the mission in a previous post."

See, you just contradicted your previous statement. If you would have all towered out and choose to up from a base on the other side of your territory, your bombers wouldn't have been vulched shortly after take off.

"For one you didn't know the city was a strategic target"

That's BS, I know what "strats" are.

"Secondly you seemingly don't know who the 49ThFG is, Or how long it's been around."

I don't think anyone does, you guys just started to make a fuss about yourselves last year... No one has ever heard of the 49th before last year.

"Lastly and most importantly you think you could make a better mission than us. I challenge you to do just that. Make a better mission than us. You must publicly announce it one month ahead of the launch date on the forums. You must not go off the map. This mission must be a bomber mission. The gauntlet has been thrown down, You must prove yourself."

I simply cannot base my schedule around a game. I have done countless missions in the past with the 367th, the 71st squad, and the AOM, to know what I am talking about. I have played more FSOs than your whole squad combined, I have been apart of missions that were great success and missions that failed. I know how to be strategic in AH. I mostly choose to fly fighters because that is where the most fun is. I only have a limited time to play and would rather enjoy fighting people in air planes than avoiding them in boring bombers. If I wanted to fly around the map all day and avoid fighters, I'd simply play Microsoft Flight Simulator.

I know it's hard to plan, but if you choose to run this mission on a small map, you will get vulched most of the time. The best map to do your mission on is Compello. If you choose to fly it on a small map, it will be doomed from the start.

I'm not even going to reply to you line by line anymore. You're completely wrong about so many things. You weren't even there so don't talk about it like you know everything. We did have bombers return.

It's not even possible to have played more FSO's that my entire squad, combined.

"I only have a limited time to play and would rather enjoy fighting people in air planes than avoiding them in boring bombers. If I wanted to fly around the map all day and avoid fighters, I'd simply play Microsoft Flight Simulator."

Right that's why you have like three days worth of time in sorties, Not including time in the tower idling crying on the forums, Right? That's why you just bragged about being rank 10 in bombers, Because you don't have time to play right? That's why you were in flight 51 hours this month, Right? Man you're so much better than I am. You're rank 81 and I'm rank 109. I quit playing for a few days. I was rank 80 on the 28th. I'm not even trying and you obviously are. Man you're soooo much better than I am.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #191 on: February 01, 2016, 01:03:14 PM »
Missions over, this one has derailed.

Play nice and stop throwing sand.

HiTech