Author Topic: Patch 91  (Read 3602 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Patch 91
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 03:54:33 PM »
ty but not run offline because CTD.
no problem at online.

The suggestion may fix the offline CTD problem.

Nice pics.   :aok

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 06:39:06 PM »
Just installed a GTX 760 2G in my machine replacing the AMD 6770 1G.

The graphics are bloody incredible at 4096 with enough memory and band width now to run it..... :O

Interesting note on frame rates. Flat terrains with massive amounts of trees effect the FPS very little. Once you have elevations above 2k with complex texture tiles and thick trees, my FPS would take a hit holding 32-47 and even 22 from the CV guns looking inland. The same thick trees on a flat terrain were no problem. This also took place with GV's. On the flat tree terrain running through the trees at 40mph with clutter on, 60fps.

I tested this on all of the online terrains, online and offline along with my gunnery terrain. My gunnery terrain and NDilses both have elevations above 2k with massive tree coverage and complex tiles on the slopes and peaks. Only those two terrain caused the loss in FPS with my new card. The AvA North Africa terrain with 1200ft hills with some trees and sand did not trigger this condition.

I also tested this condition against all the maps in 1024, 2048, and 4096 with the same results. I did note that 1024 and 2048 modes caused a slight reduction in FPS otherwise. For some reason 4098 mode runs the cleanest with this new video card.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 11:28:00 PM »
Friggen 37mm's on the Stuka G-2 sound amazing now.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 11:39:51 PM »
Download worked fine, game boots fine. 

Flew a 202 in the AvA tonight for a bit.  Noticed that the antialiasing on the shadows on the cockpit behind the pilot's head is pretty jagged.  Was flying the two-gun armament, as always, and the guns didn't sound particularly powerful when fired.  The rest is beautiful, although I wish I could get less reflection on the instrument glass.

When I exited AvA, the selection box in the middle of the screen was very small, too small to read easily.

- oldman

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 06:51:30 AM »
The clock tick sound lags behind the actual movement of the second hand.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 10:05:24 AM »
It appears when a plane is under WEP, the engine sound cuts in and out while maneuvering.  I can't really see a consistent pattern for what makes it cut out, but diving to pick up a fair bit of speed usually does it.  What seems to make it come back pretty much every time is turning WEP off.  Pulling Gs seems to bring it back as well but that I can tell there's no consistent pattern.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2016, 02:55:33 PM »
I've been flying around offline in CraterMA checking out the weather system I have built for it. When I am near to any clouds I notice they move in little steps every few seconds rather than in a smooth fashion. It looks awful really and destroys any illusion of reality. I can probably limit the effect by reducing the speed of the cloud banks in the editor and making the system cycle every few hours rather than every hour. I am hoping though before I do this that this jerkiness is some sort of bug rather than a limitation of the cloud design in the game.

Also a reminder that the "Lock" button in the cloud editor is broken. When selected it does not maintain the distance between A and V like it should. Instead the distance only gets shorter as you rotate V until V is touching A.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 03:16:30 PM by Greebo »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2016, 03:13:39 PM »
My 1 GB video RAM card may be the culprit, but I have noticed a warp/ stutter with graphics upon release of my talk button.  I don't know what would be the cause for sure, but mentioned it as it could possibly be used intentionally (hopefully, it would not be fruitful in any case).

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 03:18:17 PM »
Ambient sounds heard on the airfield but no sound of the flak shooting at the drones flying above.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2016, 04:13:41 PM »
Can't hear guns other than mine.

External engine sounds are quieter.

No hit sounds.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2016, 06:57:16 PM »
Online and offline, Gvs will not get out of 1st gear leaving the hanger or at spawns. Tested on all maps on and offline.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2016, 07:43:36 PM »
Calibrate your setup and try again (particularly rudder). I tried the M4 and Tiger II and didn't have the problem.

EDIT: Going into video settings from the opening screen causes the program to crash on exit of the video settings dialogue.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:51:07 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2016, 09:14:28 PM »
I flew a heavy P-47-D40 to a field and blew up a hanger, a tower, and some guns before being killed by the ack.  Then flew a formation of B-17's to the same field for more destruction.  I saw nothing out of the ordinary.  The ack hit sounds are awesome.  I think I heard a dog barking in the background while I was in the tower.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2016, 09:33:58 PM »
On entering the AvA, the MOTD appeared, the the Mission announcement and request to join/no join over the top of the MOTD.

The focus for the mouse click failed to see the Mission dialog, instead, I had to dismiss the MOTD and THEN I could click no to the Mission dialog.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2016, 11:56:28 PM »
Too much reflection on the instrument panel, hard to see.
Even flying towards the sun, the instruments reflect, as if the sun was behind me.  Seems like they would loose their shine, flying
at the sun.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear