Author Topic: Beta 0  (Read 7133 times)

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
Re: Beta 0
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 07:01:37 PM »
F4U tail wheel has a wobble (off center) when rolling.

I did some circles over an airfield, fired on AI planes until out of ammo, and landed. Instead of picking a new plane, I arbitrarily decided to admire the F4U-1A from an external view on the ground and started to roll to turn and change the lighting. Then I saw the tail wheel and came here to mention this very minor but horrible looking detail... only to discover someone already found it!

I can still tell I am playing the same old Aces High that I first played in 2000 or 2001, patch 1.03? Yet the terrain and lighting look awesome in comparison. External views look great with bump mapping and shading effects. The relatively low poly counts of the models don't look too bad from external views, but is far more apparent from the cockpit in the case of looking over the nose of the F4U-1.

I like my frame rates. With all in-game graphics settings maxed, I am usually pegged at 60 Hz Vsync. I have always loved this game and I am glad to see it improved so much.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 09:53:38 PM »
Did a clean install of Beta.  No problems.
Cannot hear the stall buffet sound. (I can hear the stall horn.)

Looking great.   :rock

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 11:21:43 PM »

Looking through the tank guns sights if you look at the sand/gravel & the glare from the sun even a bit.
The white range markers disappear due to being about the same color.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 11:27:46 PM by lyric1 »

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 03:48:59 AM »
Updated no problem.

When you go to select a field gun,  the "score as field gun" line  the F is missing, and there are 2 n's in gun.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 05:14:15 AM »
Alot of things needs fixing. I notice the planes damage quicker. Also the flames looks too red. Shadows of trees flicker. FOV needs to be set as AH2. Many more things needs fixing.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2016, 05:45:00 AM »
Pump the brakes Tony.   :old:

The FOV maybe needs a disclaimer, simply stating that it is what HTC has determined as the industry standard, and easily set to just about any distance that you may desire.

I assume that you refer to the fireball graphic for burning plane, and what does that really matter?  tomato ~ tomata  Did you even notice the new debris smoke or hit sprites?  New tracers?  or a ton of other things that separate the current from beta cockpit graphics?

Flickering shadows, as was just recently discussed, may be the result of under performing video card, but no matter there either.  A simple button click and they are turned off, viola there you go back to AH2 (no shadows).

I don't know how you can say that planes take more damage, in a vacuum.  Could it be that there are more field acks pointed at them?  Maybe the lethality setting has been moved, but after testing alpha since the onset, I haven't quite yet had that same experience.  It does seem that 50 cal gun rounds are more potent against field guns though.

Yes, there are things that are not "proper" and will most likely be prioritized and dealt with more input from larger populations as it rolls into beta phase.

A more helpful beta tester comment in the future would be along the lines of:  Flew offline mission and noticed that E6B data on the clipboard was missing for climb rate and weight.  Instead of actual numbers the words "climb" and "weight" were next to their perspective categories.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 07:41:15 AM »
Is that what happened when you were in the custom with us?

Yessir

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 07:53:24 AM »
Did a clean install.  Got a firewall access popup.  No problem after that.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 07:58:55 AM »
Did a clean install of the beta

The close up trees have shadows that tremble, the ones in the distance do not.

In the alpha that I didn't get a chance to go back and report but there was text in the missions that needed a space. I can't remember what it said but it was correcting me while I was trying to assign myself and I noticed two words were jammed together with no space.  Also in Missions I've seen it tell me that Kanth is my wingman which is odd.

I had the mission text recorded but when I uninstalled Alpha it was deleted but I didn't want to not report it. I did another mission but I didn't see the faulty text I'll have to try that some more.

When setting it up for play I am consistently changing the FOV to 106 and the default straight forward view using the home key and saving it (thanks to whoever it was that pointed that out, it was driving me nuts)  If I don't it feels completely wrong and frustrating.

looking forward to messing with it more after work.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 09:15:54 AM »
Sky looks weird compared to the old version. :headscratch:

Old.

New.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 09:16:07 AM »
Updated no problem.

When you go to select a field gun,  the "score as field gun" line  the F is missing, and there are 2 n's in gun.
Thanks,

BTW the same bug exists in the released version. it supposed to be "Field Gunner" and is getting truncated.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 09:41:12 AM »
Is it the same deal in terms of the files you can copy over from the current AH version to the Beta, as it was from AH(current) to the Alphas?  I'm referring to the view system/stick settings/etc files, and specifically JSM,KMP,HPS and the planes folders.

Yes

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 09:42:25 AM »
Updated from alpha just fine.  Tried all arenas, some multiple times, including a Player arena.  Got CTD only twice, both with AvA arena (once on exit and once when selecting a field).

Tower ambient sounds are much quieter at ports vs other fields (all maps).

Vehicles still bounce when speed=0, even with engine off (reported already I believe).

Don't remember seeing this except possibly by bustr. Can you give me a method to duplicate it?

HiTech

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2016, 10:10:36 AM »
First Thoughts on Beta...

Framerate....went from running default graphics in AH2 with steady 60 frames to AH3 Beta on Minimum settings with a lot of frame drops depending on where I'm looking at (Trees seem to be main cause)

Gunnery...Going to be good for new players....GOING TO BE CAKE for veterans. Those orange tracers make it very easy to see convergence and bullet drop

FOV...Why does my reticule get bigger the further I move back? Is this historic? I would think it got smaller.

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2016, 12:28:01 PM »
Don't remember seeing this except possibly by bustr. Can you give me a method to duplicate it?

HiTech

Just before I downloaded and installed Beta0 last night I was testing a wirbel on my gunnery terrain alpha 91. It did a very tiny repetitious bounce while sitting still. I only noticed it because it was enough to move the gunsight around. I ran build Beta0 and spawned everywhere on my gunnery map and offline NDisles just now, cannot duplicate it. On my gunnery map the last time it happened, the tile had small rock clutter strewn around.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.