Author Topic: New rides  (Read 621 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
New rides
« on: January 15, 2016, 01:04:27 PM »
Did they redo the 51 model? If so any other rides get redone? Haven't checked out the Beta yet.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: New rides
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:38:26 PM »
Why would they?   There are planes with AH1 graphics that need to be updated first.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 02:43:04 PM »
The only plane shape in the beta that has been redone is the TBM. However a number of other rides have been updated with player-made skins.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 02:47:46 PM »
The skins for the P51 were converted to the new AHIII format.  That is why you are getting them.

The default skins for several planes have been changed.

The default B17 skin has also been redone to increase the resolution of the skin.

The TBM is new.

I think that is it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 03:05:23 PM »
Awesome, thanks... I saw Greebo's posts about the skins after I started this thread, you can close this and pitch it Skuzzy to not clutter the page. Great job as always with the skins, Greebo. 😉

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 04:17:31 PM »
Just another suggestion:  Borrow the bump map layer, for the default skin and apply it globally across that model.  I only ask, as I believe that it would save a ton of work by all of the skin contributors to replicate this work, and it should be the standard shape, unless the contributor feels they have one of equal quality.  As it is, the converted skins have lost some of their 3 dimensional feel when lighting reflects over a seemingly smooth surface, unlike models with a proper bump map.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 04:45:08 PM »
Using the default bump map is already possible if that is what a skinner wants to do. However this will only work if the skinner replicates the default skin's panel lines, rivets etc to the exact pixel. Generally this is not going to be the case so they end up making their own bump map. This does not have to be anywhere near as complex as the ones I do. Simply copying the main skin's panel line layers over to the bump map and adding a grey base would do.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 07:11:20 PM »
Okay, then I can see where there may be some mis - alignment issues.  I would like to give it a try.  Greebo would you send me that bump map layer, or am I able to extract it from the default .res?

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 01:51:03 AM »
If the default skin has a bump map then you will get it when you download the default files using the "save textures" button in the skin viewer. The only default skins that don't have a bump map are the remaining AH1-era shapes and also the latest TBM and P-51D, which have a normal map. You can't skin a P-51D for the MA now anyway, as all the slots are full.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 04:24:03 AM »
We got a battleship..... :banana:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator