Author Topic: Beta download fail  (Read 521 times)

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
Beta download fail
« on: January 17, 2016, 02:14:58 PM »
I've tried downloading the beta 3 times now and it gets right down to the end and the download crashes and it says "Your computer is doing too many things right now. Try again later."

The download is the only thing running on my PC though and I have to restart from the beginning every time.

What do?

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta download fail
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 03:44:44 PM »
I assume that you have enough drive space_ the download is a large file.  Also, picked up a "nasty" this week_ hopefully not but could be some malware attached to your OS.  Especially since this is the only such report of that kind that I have heard.

If you can screenshot the exact message, it might help Skuzzy to help you identify the problem.

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 05:52:39 PM »
Yeah plenty of drive space. Still have 330GB free. I'll run a virus scan tonight when I leave for work and let it run overnight.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm getting.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 06:22:14 PM »
Yeah plenty of drive space. Still have 330GB free. I'll run a virus scan tonight when I leave for work and let it run overnight.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm getting.

(Image removed from quote.)

That's just weird what web browser are you running

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 06:24:22 PM »
Check your Task Manager and see what's up.... (how many processes and such)

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 06:27:19 PM »
That is most certainly Chrome.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 05:58:24 AM »
Are you trying to run it remotely (i.e. running it instead of downloading it first), or running it after the download is done?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 02:06:31 PM »
Sorry for slow response. I've just changed over to working nights and I'm all screwed up right now  :rolleyes:

It it most definitely the Chrome browser.

No I'm not trying to run it, I just click the big red download button on the Aces High home page and let it start downloading automatically.

Offline VanceVP

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 02:40:46 PM »
I am having the same problem.

I am using chrome with plenty of hard drive space.

I got real frustrated trying to dl the beta that i just finally gave up.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 05:03:23 PM »
it looks like an issue with chrome, possibly a newer version of it.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/VkK3NUwN1EY

they have an internet download manager but I saw elsewhere that folks say that's even worse.
Possibly just try a differnet browser.

I'm using chrome version Version 47.0.2526.111 m and had no issues.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline VanceVP

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 05:38:12 PM »
Yeah Kanth . . . I think you might be right.

I just tried to download the beta using Firefox and it worked fine. Got it downloaded, installed and opened the game.

I guess now I will be like a lot of other loyal members that will either be buying a new computer with better graphics or finding another similar type game to play on my laptop that runs AHII just fine.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 11:16:04 AM »
I had the same problem with Chrome and the Alpha.  The file would download but it was as if it was corrupted or something.  It worked fine with Firefox. 

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 02:49:55 PM »
Mine finally worked on the 5th attempt for whatever reason. AH3 eats my PC alive but overall pretty cool.  :aok

On a side note.. Does anyone here know how much video ram it uses? I have 1GB in my card but it maxes it out near max graphics.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 02:47:12 AM »
chaser, according to what Skuzzy has said, 1 GB video ram or more is recommended for playability. IIRC the minimum has been said to be 512 Mb.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 04:32:38 AM »
I had to do a delete of the older version of Beta and do a clean install. The upgrade would download and install then ask me if I wanted to run the game, if I said yes it would start the game then tell me I had a old version and needed to upgrade. Did this 4 or 5 times till I uninstalled and installed the full version. Copied the .JSM, .KMD, .HPS and everything runs great. Solid 59-60 FPS Only thing I have turned off is the shadows just because I don't like them, personal preference.
Tour 70 2005 to present