Author Topic: Beta 1  (Read 8159 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta 1
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2016, 12:08:33 PM »
Shilo,

Bring up clipboard, and then use "H" key to toggle mouse on or off.  Really not necessary to have clipboard up, but this helps to see the cursor.

Also, there are a couple of ways to set mouse toggle to a joystick or even mouse button.  That is what I have done to enable my "mouse look".   This feature will point my view in any direction that I move my mouse.

Tracerfi,

Are you using mouse or joystick to fly?  As far as I knew, if a joystick was plugged in the new "mouse fly", was disabled.  If you are using mouse to fly, there is a command to toggle back to AH2 mouse control IIRC.  The response to the control was a bit different still though.  It took most of the alpha testers, including myself to get used to the new mouse control system, but with some adjustments it grew on some of us.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2016, 12:11:53 PM »
Shilo,

Bring up clipboard, and then use "H" key to toggle mouse on or off.  Really not necessary to have clipboard up, but this helps to see the cursor.

Also, there are a couple of ways to set mouse toggle to a joystick or even mouse button.  That is what I have done to enable my "mouse look".   This feature will point my view in any direction that I move my mouse.

Tracerfi,

Are you using mouse or joystick to fly?  As far as I knew, if a joystick was plugged in the new "mouse fly", was disabled.  If you are using mouse to fly, there is a command to toggle back to AH2 mouse control IIRC.  The response to the control was a bit different still though.  It took most of the alpha testers, including myself to get used to the new mouse control system, but with some adjustments it grew on some of us.
Mouse i have been using a mouse since i started playing
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2016, 12:27:56 PM »
Chilli. I have  a saitek 52 and the mouse works in AH.When I'm in a tank, I can use the mouse or the joystick to turn and fire the main gun. Just wondering why not in newAHIII.

New question.What is the "environment side frame  none 1 2 3  ?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2016, 12:35:33 PM »
Chilli. I have  a saitek 52 and the mouse works in AH.When I'm in a tank, I can use the mouse or the joystick to turn and fire the main gun. Just wondering why not in newAHIII.

Number of faces of the environment cube to update per frame. None will only update the cube when you change view types I.E. tower to plane external to internal.

HiTech

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2016, 12:47:41 PM »

I have X52 also, I think the mini joy (mouse) periodically stops working for me also.  This I believe has more to do with Siatek's software, as I can get it working again properly by simply unplugging and replacing my joystick connection.  Next time this happens try to notice if the throttle mode display screen is lit or not.  I would be curious to know if we share the same experience????

Environmental map, is like the one in AH2, with the exception = leaving it set to none in beta, you will still see all reflections enabled.  1, 2, 3 I don't bother with because I am not interested in seeing the reflected image updated.  I will use them only when playing back for video.  That is a trick that I used with the filmviewer.  Recorded action will playback at any level of graphic detail of the last in game settings.  To fully answer your question, 3 would be the most frequent active update of the reflections / environmental map.   HTC please correct me as there may be other visual benefits that have not caught my eye, but the above is what I have gathered..... maybe I should have said I don't know?  :headscratch:   edit: ---- and proven right HiTech had a much more knowledgeable and precise answer.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2016, 12:50:06 PM »
I have X52 also, I think the mini joy (mouse) periodically stops working for me also.  This I believe has more to do with Siatek's software, as I can get it working again properly by simply unplugging and replacing my joystick connection.  Next time this happens try to notice if the throttle mode display screen is lit or not.  I would be curious to know if we share the same experience????

Environmental map, is like the one in AH2, with the exception = leaving it set to none in beta, you will still see all reflections enabled.  1, 2, 3 I don't bother with because I am not interested in seeing the reflected image updated.  I will use them only when playing back for video.  That is a trick that I used with the filmviewer.  Recorded action will playback at any level of graphic detail of the last in game settings.  To fully answer your question, 3 would be the most frequent active update of the reflections / environmental map.   HTC please correct me as there may be other visual benefits that have not caught my eye, but the above is what I have gathered..... maybe I should have said I don't know?  :headscratch:   edit: ---- and proven right HiTech had a much more knowledgeable and precise answer.

This sounds like a power problem on the usb hub.

HiTech

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2016, 12:56:46 PM »
Need a DXDIAG output.

Do you want the whole text or just the system information. 

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 01:03:09 PM by CSI147 »

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2016, 12:57:10 PM »
Melee/Capture the Flag arena

Upped a ME163B and when taking off it gave me:

Control mode 1 selected
BANK: Effects: EVENT: /default/Rocket/Internal/Engine Max range (10000) is to long, max must be less than 1760

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2016, 01:01:45 PM »
Melee/Capture the Flag arena

Upped a ME163B and when taking off it gave me:

Control mode 1 selected
BANK: Effects: EVENT: /default/Rocket/Internal/Engine Max range (10000) is to long, max must be less than 1760

Thanks, will fix it in next patch.

HiTech

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2016, 01:16:39 PM »
Need a DXDIAG output.

Do you want the whole text or just the system information.

Here is what I got.

-------------------

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2016, 01:26:56 PM »

The default field of view (FOV) has changed from 106 to 80.  If you want the old FOV, go to the "Video Settings" and set a custom FOV.

Are you going to get a raise to accomodate you for all the extra complaints you'll field from established players who don't frequent the forums because of this change?

I assume there's a great reason why this changed, but I missed it. Can you please fill me in?

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2016, 01:46:16 PM »
I want to thank everyone for their help. Send me your address and I will send all of you a kitten. Choices of color are limeted.

hitech,  never mind the sig, get a 1911 style .45  :salute

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2016, 02:07:33 PM »
The new field layouts are nice.

The planes look better, smoother.

Where can I go to blow stuff up without getting booted from my plane every time a mission starts, or prevent me from flying when a mission is running?

Why are my shadows all pixilated?

Why does everything get blurry with anti aliasing on?

How do I get rid of the glass scratches?

How do I get rid of the cockpit contour reflections? I want it to look like there's no glass there like in ah2.

Black hole cockpit. The gauges are very hard to see unless I crank the gamma, but that makes everything else too bright.

The bullet strikes on the ground are hard to see or not there.

Right now, I have gamma up too high, everything off and slider at zero just so I can see my guages.

The ocean is disorienting, lots of random patterns forming and disappearing, strange whirlpool looking thing in water too, maybe the sun reflection?

Don't like new engine sound change with throttle adjustment.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:09:18 PM by BuckShot »
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2016, 03:04:50 PM »
The icons on enemy planes are almost touching the planes, even at real close range. I have used different size icons and no difference. This makes it difficult (for me at least) to get a good sight picture. Can I do something, other than turning icons off ?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2016, 03:12:21 PM »
CSI147, your main issue is here:   "Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400" copied from your DxDiag output. Intel graphics don't work well with AH at all, and since the Alpha/Beta is more dependent on the GPU the issue gets even worse. Other than the video circuit your computer should suffice.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni