Author Topic: Spit XIV and Ki-84  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« on: September 08, 2001, 07:18:00 AM »
Bring them in !

Both Spitdweebs and Japanese need a faster plane.

Adding them would also lessen the N1K whines  :).

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Hristo ]

Offline FDisk

• Copper Member
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2001, 07:42:00 AM »
Hehe.
That's what i've been saying this whole time! Gimme my spit XIV and you won't hear a peep outta me about the N1K

Offline DingHao2

• Copper Member
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2001, 09:34:00 AM »
both countries already got good fighters.
give effort to countries that need a certain plane type that they don't already have (e.g. british medium bomber, japanese medium bomber, german heavy bomber, german anti-tank plane, goons for all countries but the US.)

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2001, 09:40:00 AM »
Put it this way then. Every country needs a fast fighter. Japan has none. Ki-84 IS much needed.

We got D-9. RAFdweebs got Tempest, but perked. Spit XIV is 1944 plane. It belongs here.

Bombers ? Who cares about friggin' bombers ?!?

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Hristo ]

Offline DingHao2

• Copper Member
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2001, 09:56:00 AM »
A lot of people care about bombers.  And no country can compete in the CT without a good one.  Doesn't it seem odd that the spit we have now went from being a late 43-early 44 spit to being a '42 spit?

I think the japanese and british can wait for a new fighter.  They do need planes of other types, though.  Just my opinion.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2001, 10:12:00 AM »
This game is still called Aces High. If it was about bombers, it would be called Sissies Ultra High. I really see no fun in current wannabe-strat system with pinpoint accuracy and bomber gun range.

Japanese and British can't and shouldn't wait for new fighter any longer. We are getting 262 next version. It would be ultimate hypocrisy to deny them competitive machines with current planeset. New bombers are lame excuse.

As much as I would like to see Me 410 here, I think it should wait. Dweebs deserve their Spit XIVs and Hayates.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2001, 10:14:00 AM »
BTW, I believe it is He 177 Greif, not Grief  ;)

Offline DingHao2

• Copper Member
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2001, 10:21:00 AM »
thanks for the correction about the greif (i'm no german).  Anyway, I'm curious to know why the dweebs deserve their XIV's and Ki-84's.  Both countries already have good fighters, but are lacking elsewhere.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2001, 10:29:00 AM »
As a Dora pilot, I want the stakes raised. Against Spit IX and Niki I only have to point nose down and I am safe. That ain't right.

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2001, 11:37:00 AM »
Doesn't it seem odd that the spit we have now went from being a late 43-early 44 spit to being a '42 spit?
I don't understand what you mean. The AH Spit IX has always been a 1942 version, even if some people claim otherwise.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
I'll shill unabashedly for the Japanese planeset every chance I get.  Its good to see others asking for the Hayate too, but it doesn't mean we don't want other plane types for the Japanese.

Man, there are so many that are missing.  Japan was the other major Axis power in WWII, and they have only 3 aircraft here- 2 mid-war fighters and 1 late-war job.

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2001, 03:50:00 PM »
IJAAF needs to get more new planes in AH.
IJNAF already has best fighter, but IJAAF not.
Ki-84-Ia is a good addition!

If Ki-84-Ia and Ki-67 Bomber are added in the same time, I will be really really happy.   :)

Mitsu

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Mitsu ]

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2001, 04:11:00 PM »
Adding them would also lessen the N1K whines.

There is no whining about N1s, only valid constructive criticism for HT to address in the next patch.

So, let's consider 14s and Franks and what they bring to the game.  More importantly, let's consider the type of pilot who'd want to fly such planes.

Simple answer:  these planes are desired by those who want the ability to run down all other planes and then out-turn them once they catch them.  People who lack the skill to do anything other than yank and bank or BnZ and therefore desire having a crutch like this.  People with no conception of how to convert E to angles and back again.  The same sort of person who uses the N1 or La7 for a crutch at present.

Still want them?

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2001, 04:13:00 PM »
Aces flew buffs too...

SKurj

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Spit XIV and Ki-84
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2001, 06:26:00 PM »
Bullethead,

You forget that there are some people who genuinely like the Ki84 and Spitfire MkXIV for the aircraft themselves not simply because they are easier to kill with.

I agree that the Ki84-Ia Hayate should be added soon and I think that it will pull many people out of the N1K2-J Shiden-Kai.

On the other hand I do not think that the Spitfire F.MkXIV (my favorite WWII aircraft) should be added to AH as a non-perk aircraft. I think it would be too powerful and disruptive to the MA if it were not perked.  As I have relatively little use for perk planes I don't see any hurry in adding the Spit XIV.

BTW, I'd hardly call people like Mitsu unskilled.

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Karnak ]
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-