Author Topic: Custom Sounds.  (Read 16755 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Custom Sounds.
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2016, 01:27:23 AM »
 :aok Keep up the good work sir, don't mean to push, its just I can't hardly wait! :x
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2016, 12:59:15 PM »
Single Malt Irish Whiskey?  Mmmmmm .... sounds like I might be doing some research of my own.  :cheers:

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2016, 03:40:49 AM »
Single Malt Irish Whiskey?  Mmmmmm .... sounds like I might be doing some research of my own.  :cheers:

I got interested, too. A whisky named after a horse that won a legendary race at odds of 100 to 1 must be good fuel for engine sounds.

It seems to be available here for a reasonable price so I might get a bottle for the tasting I'll be hosting later in the autumn. I bet it's better than the French "Armorik" I tasted last Friday - it certainly wasn't related to druid Getafix's magic potion!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2016, 12:35:55 AM »
NVM, got it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:44:09 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2016, 05:32:50 AM »
Just my dumb 2 cents worth, I already love the sound that it comes with Hitech!!! Awesome job :salute :salute
I agree with the exception of internal engine sounds. Everything sounds like a sewing machine.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2016, 03:43:58 PM »
This is the recording I made for the DSR video and one recorded in the back seat of a P-51 for real. It's just a little off to my ear, but acceptable. So, if it sounds like something you're not used to then it's probably your sound system, headphones, or expectations.

Aces High:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svUspPyJ5R8#

The real deal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9OaFqo5aaI
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2016, 04:29:39 PM »
This is the recording I made for the DSR video and one recorded in the back seat of a P-51 for real. It's just a little off to my ear, but acceptable. So, if it sounds like something you're not used to then it's probably your sound system, headphones, or expectations.

Aces High:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svUspPyJ5R8#

The real deal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9OaFqo5aaI
Don't confuse me with the facts.  :bolt:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2016, 11:36:48 PM »
I like the default sounds too.  The b17 sounds amazing.  Im sure I will grow tired of it all in a year and look for a good custom sound pack.  AH3 is great so far, I feel like an idiot I doubted it.  <S> :airplane:
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2016, 01:21:04 AM »
Hitech, does the HTCevents list include any form of sound randomization in pitch or attenuation? It looks like you must with the Spita1, spita2, spita3, etc., but without the original audio files it is hard to know what that sound should be.

Actually having trouble making out the logic behind the Event, Banks, and Assets lists. Is there a complete list somewhere?

How does Diesel fit into the scheme? I wasn't aware that other than the T-34s there even were diesel engines in the game?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 02:40:08 AM by Chalenge »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2016, 05:16:28 AM »
I've been playing all night trying to get the P-51 radiator whistle, the 109Supercharger, and F4U intercooler whistles working right. It's going to take some time to get all of these planes tuned up right! But, I still feel like I'm missing a lot of information on the sounds you are using. It's not anything like it used to be. Pretty cool though. Thanks for making the change.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2016, 05:24:18 AM »
Challenge,

You might have just hit upon a future app for AH3 users.  Let's call it a "Sound Pack Mixer".  It would basically allow relatively low tech savvy users to choose which existing Fmod sound profiles to update, and then run them.   :pray  Would be extremely helpful in creating and updating custom Sound Packs as well.

FMOD is the mixer. The problem for most of the sound pack makers is that it doesn't work like previous versions. Not at all. It's actually better in a lot of ways and allows the game to take off like it never could before. It's really just limited to the events hitech chooses, if I understand how it bolts into the game. Making a sound that works for vehicles is pretty easy, but now it allows you to adjust the load, the rpm, how it sounds at various speeds, and how vehicles sound rolling across different terrain. It's going to be a TON of work to get the sounds fully fleshed out, and I am not really looking forward to that part, but I think once I finish I will want even more events.

We'll see.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2016, 08:31:20 PM »
Actually having trouble making out the logic behind the Event, Banks, and Assets lists. Is there a complete list somewhere?

Stupid question. Sorry

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2016, 11:14:14 AM »
Is anyone working on GV sounds? I like the plane sounds I have heard but all GVS sound exactly the same.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2016, 01:24:50 PM »
Is anyone working on GV sounds? I like the plane sounds I have heard but all GVS sound exactly the same.

I am having to much fun with the game to be very much critical of what I am hearing so far.  The things that do POP OUT are volumes and direction.  If THIS could be calibrated individually in game, it might make up for the differences in sound device / hardware capabilities.

Whether or not it sounds like a 40's dodge or a 60's VW does not impact my game play as much as locating the direction or distance by sound volume does.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2016, 01:45:36 PM »
I agree that tlling direction and distance are most important. I have problems with both in spite of the fact that I have a Soundblaster Z card. It would be nice to tell by sound,howver, if an approaching GV is an M3 or tiger.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL