Author Topic: Beta 2  (Read 8710 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 2
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2016, 03:12:14 AM »
cross country Vox does not work

We had this problem in the AvA (kesserine) arena Thursday night. Most of us already had vox V set for channel 223 but it wasn't working.

The game isn't picking up the channel number even though the previously set channel number still shows.

The work-around we discovered was to retype the cross country .radio 5 [channel number] into the text buffer.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2016, 08:17:35 AM »

Re: Beta 1

« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2016, 04:07:43 PM »

While flying in the Melee tag GS4 arena I noticed that the cockpit shadows displayed across a wing were very jagged until the shadows transitioned across the wing hump over the Hispano cannon in towards the cockpit...there is an invisible line that shows up where once the shadows edges cross it the jaggies go completely away & are very clean & sharp.

Saw this across both wings on my Spitty Mk IX at the same exact place of reference.

Looks like there is something amiss in the transparent mapping that is saying apply AA on cockpit shadows up to a certain point across the wing area but no further..........

Cockpit shadows that are cast on objects inside the cockpit are jagged as well but not as severe.

Could hear planes passing outside my cockpit..............

This is a copy of my posting that I posted during Beta1 phase..........

In Beta 2 I can still detect the same issues at the same areas as mentioned earlier.

But I also ran a test & went into my AMD vid card drivers and set the Anisotropic Filtering setting to override the application setting (left all others set to default) then set the level to 16x (max) then went back into Beta2 & went up in my Spitty Mk IX & flew around and noticed that the shadow jaggies were significantly reduced on a whole....not gone but far, far less blocky on the edges w\ AF enabled than w\o AF enabled.

I still saw the aforementioned issue where the shadow jaggies cleared out once the shadow crossed the Hispano gun humps towards the cockpit on both wings but the difference was vastly reduced w/ AF enabled than w/o AF enabled.

Using AMD Radeon Settings w\ Crimson 16.1 Hotfix drivers.........

Thought I'd mention this.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2016, 09:08:13 AM »
F.W.I.T. ~
Melee > CraterMA

Upped a box of B-17's from A116. Had a gunner onboard. Bombed and destroyed (friendly) C11.

Upon bailing the buffs I was kicked to the desktop - AH has stopped working. Re-entered game. My gunner who also exited the aircraft was in tower, as per normal.

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2016, 10:43:11 AM »
None of us here run with a full size window, yet none of use have ever seen this phenomenon.  Only a few people are having this issue.  There has to be a common denominator between the folks having this issue.  We are trying to figure it out.

I am running three monitors (Asus VG248QE - Generic PNP MS Drivers) from an Nvidia GTX980sc.  Resolution is set at 5760 x 1080.  Refresh set at 144hz.  My FOV is currently set at 145.

I've always had the 'clipboard size problem'.  Happy to work with any changes you recommend.

George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
I am running three monitors (Asus VG248QE - Generic PNP MS Drivers) from an Nvidia GTX980sc.  Resolution is set at 5760 x 1080.  Refresh set at 144hz.  My FOV is currently set at 145.

I've always had the 'clipboard size problem'.  Happy to work with any changes you recommend.

I found and fixed the issue yesterday, all should be normal for you in the next patch.

HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2016, 12:27:10 PM »

Sounds a lot like an issue we saw where we'd have two pilots in an aircraft (in a fighter) and the pilot would bail and crash to desktop, the joined person would not crash to desktop.

F.W.I.T. ~
Melee > CraterMA

Upped a box of B-17's from A116. Had a gunner onboard. Bombed and destroyed (friendly) C11.

Upon bailing the buffs I was kicked to the desktop - AH has stopped working. Re-entered game. My gunner who also exited the aircraft was in tower, as per normal.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2016, 12:28:45 PM »
When reflections are turned off they reappear in the tower windows on return to the tower.  Reflections are still off in the cockpit even after they reappear in the tower. Deselecting and re-selecting EM to None or Reflections will turn off the window reflections until the next tower visit.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2016, 12:36:04 PM »
When reflections are turned off they reappear in the tower windows on return to the tower.  Reflections are still off in the cockpit even after they reappear in the tower. Deselecting and re-selecting EM to None or Reflections will turn off the window reflections until the next tower visit.

Reflections are different then what you are seeing in the tower.

What you are seeing in the tower windows is environment mapping.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2016, 01:05:22 PM »
Reflections are different then what you are seeing in the tower.

What you are seeing in the tower windows is environment mapping.

HiTech

I thought that might be why the EM setting affected it, I understand that even set to None the EM uses a map it just doesn't update it, but it goes away when you turn off reflections which on reflection is a little confusing.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:07:52 PM by FLS »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2016, 01:37:02 PM »
Melee/Greebo's CraterMA: when closing A47 in order to shoot the ack, the game stopped responding. Went back and the auto save had taken me to the other side of the field. Turned back and when I was close enough to locate an ack, stopped responding again. Ctrl-Alt-Del->TaskManager enabled using the mouse and helped getting out the situation. The error details are as following, I suppose it doesn't really matter that the titles are in Finnish:

Ongelman tunniste:
  Ongelmatapahtuman nimi:   APPCRASH
  Sovelluksen nimi:   ahbeta.exe
  Sovelluksen versio:   0.0.0.0
  Sovelluksen aikaleima:   56a10d91
  Vikamoduulin nimi:   ahbeta.exe
  Vikamoduulin versio:   0.0.0.0
  Vikamoduulin aikaleima:   56a10d91
  Poikkeuskoodi:   c0000005
  Poikkeuksen poikkeama:   0018d926
  Käyttöjärjestelmän versio:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Aluekohtaisten asetusten tunnus:   1035
  Lisätietoja 1:   0a9e
  Lisätietoja 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e 789
  Lisätietoja 3:   0a9e
  Lisätietoja 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e 789

Logged in again after having successfully logged out. Took the same path, this time no issues. However, I took a .psave for the location:

157983,1520,220186,-168.2,-18.7,-136.5
craterma
FOV = 50.5

« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:51:51 PM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2016, 02:09:47 PM »
Just an addition to Bizman's report.  I was shooting in his general direction with an 88 gun at the time he CTD

Also during this time, I lost the ability to pull up the map. When I hit esc the controls for the 88gun would work, hit esc again and they wouldn't but no map would pop up. I ended up alt + F4 which asked if I wanted to quit the game. I chose yes and it closed.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2016, 03:36:59 PM »
Trying to quit the off line arena is freezing the computer again. Have to turn computer off and restart.

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2016, 05:30:55 PM »
I found and fixed the issue yesterday, all should be normal for you in the next patch.

HiTech

:aok  Thanks, sir.
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2016, 06:20:11 PM »
I want to play normal rule arena like AH2s main arena.
Which arena that?
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2016, 06:37:49 PM »
today BETA 2, melee, P-51D
Unfortunately the map was in a night cycle. hard to see.

ran 60 fps np, environment sounds running pre-map, major distortion in engine and environmental sounds. I assume work in progress.

Flight characteristics seemed somewhat different?????????????????????????? I say this based on the fact that my transferred settings will not be the same for ah3 as ah2.

Canopy and cockpit dial glass work is great. Slighty too much tho. Maybe it was the dark map????????
Slightly heavy in the green tint?????? Again maybe dark map????
exiting map went straight to desktop, skipping lobby.
clipboard seems to dim

Trivial stuff, freaking looks great from a end user perspective. I darted trying for tanks.
Loaded offline np today. machine must have needed a reboot after patch install.
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64