Author Topic: The 47 Ronin Thanks Kingpin And Sik !  (Read 620 times)

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
The 47 Ronin Thanks Kingpin And Sik !
« on: January 30, 2016, 12:14:38 AM »
Kingpin and Sik,
  Please accept my most sincere thanks for tonight's instruction with my squadron's very first
training session.
  I know it was very tough on both of you guys to have to deal with the huge turnout we had,
but you guys handled it magnificently.
  On behalf of myself and all my squaddies, I thank you both!  :salute
I'll be looking forward to those links you mentioned as well as next month's session !

Warm regards,
     Odd

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Re: The 47 Ronin Thanks Kingpin And Sik !
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 02:06:39 AM »

My pleasure, Odd.  Your group was very respectful and patient with the training, especially with EIGHTEEN guys on channel for the session!  Your group approached it very thoughtfully, with good questions and feedback during the training and post-exercise debriefs.

I wished there was more time to work with each wing-pair, but as I said the idea was to get through the basics, introduce some ideas for you to work on and practice in the MA and TA, and offer additional practice sessions for those who would like to hone their wing-tactics further and explore it in more depth, such as defensive breaks, 2v2's and other such topics.

Kudos to the guys who stuck around and flew some extra 2v1's.  The guys I worked with directly showed improvement just from a couple go's at it.  Again, there's lots of room for practice with this stuff.  I'd be happy to do follow-ups with anyone interested.

Keep an eye out for an email as I finish compiling links to additional information, perhaps as soon as Sunday.  I will also try to put what info is compatible with posting to the forum here in this thread as well.

<S>
Kingpin 
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 07:28:49 AM »
I want to thank you guys as well. Kingpin , I've worked with you before and was again not disappointed with the time spent. Reading the info is one thing, but putting it together in the "air" as we did is a totally different animal.

Sik my old friend, it was good to hang out with you again after all these years. Your help with keeping this herd of cats in line was awesome. Thanks for your time.

The weekend will be spent putting together all my notes I took and going through the films, and then the practice begins!

Thanks again guys for your time.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 07:40:39 AM »
As a player who didn't participate...  Thank you to Oddball.  I'm glad to see another CO bringing their guys into the TA and helping them improve.  It will in turn make the MA more fun.  I think if everyone in this game would devote even just 2-3 hours a CAREER in the TA, they'd get so much more enjoyment out of Aces High.  So kudos to you for encouraging it :aok

Oh and if you guys ever want to practice your 2v1 skills I think it would be fun to practice my 1v2 skills/SA.  I can't promise I'll last very long but I'm willing to go to the DA and give it a shot!

:salute
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 08:42:06 AM »
Hi Vudak,
  I rarely hit the DA, though my squadmate "Six" is always tryin' to get me in there.
When he's on and we do go there, we -always- make it "two or three of us against Six" affair.
He eats our lunch about 90 percent of the time, too. <gggg>
  However, should the urge hit me some evening, I'd love to grab one of my squaddies
and practice against you "2 v 1". I very much appreciate the offer. <S>

Best regards, and I hope to see ya for "Monday Night Mid-War Madness"!

Odd

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 11:16:57 AM »
I don't think I'd do as well as six but it would be fun to try. See ya Monday!
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group