Author Topic: Support for 3D Monitors, Glasses, and Goggles (Oculus Rift, Vive, etc)  (Read 6957 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Support for 3D Monitors, Glasses, and Goggles (Oculus Rift, Vive, etc)
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2016, 05:20:42 PM »
Are computers and the game at a point of putting in a rear view mirror?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Re: Support for 3D Monitors, Glasses, and Goggles (Oculus Rift, Vive, etc)
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2016, 06:58:37 PM »
HT probably has an idea Bustr, I know another jet game has mirrors, but they suck performance more than any other option.  Also, IMO the mirrors would only really be of good use for if/when you get bounced from behind, in a fight, you need to look up and back/up more than anything else, with left/right being important on defense for pointing your wing at the opponent, so I don't find the mirrors all that useful when on the offense or in a fight.  Again, in a straight level situation where you get totally surprised, maybe for that.  Just my opinion. 

Really happy that the VR/hat view combo will be coming, anyone using VR knows that fighting non VR players will put you at a really big disadvantage, but not now.  It is a really important issue IMO so far as adding new players who will want to use VR - DCS VR is super, super popular, and it surprised me how many forum/game users have moved to it, however all of them know that online PvP due to the lower res in VR (right now) and the nature of not being able to move your head nearly as easily or quickly as trackIR/thumbhat means you spot targets for slower and it's far harder to keep them in sight in a twisting fight.  AH having icons, and now a future VR/hat combo view capability, has this entire problem taken care of already really.  I know it hasn't really come up here, but that's because the game isn't live, if it was, every VR player/user would be sqawking if they didn't have this new feature, because they sure are over at the jet game, and it doesn't have the online/pvp competitiveness that AH has, not by a mile.