Author Topic: Beta 2 test help - prop sorting issues  (Read 542 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Beta 2 test help - prop sorting issues
« on: January 25, 2016, 01:51:19 PM »
Howdy Folks,

I've ran across a few planes that have some prop sorting issues, and I need your help to find them.
I've fixed the b29, but that is one plane you can look at to see what I'm talking about. The B17g also has issues.

Basically, when your props are moving or you are flying, jump to external view (f3) and rotate around your plane looking at various parts of the plane and see if they flicker. The most noticeable might be glass / turrets.

If you notice a plane that has it, just post it here and I will get it sorted out.... pun intended.

Thanks for the help.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 2 test help - prop sorting issues
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 03:42:33 PM »
I'm using the B17 as the benchmark.

I can use a thumb marble mouse with Shift-H mode to watch the props. I found the angle that the B17 props turned into 3 whitish fans that seemed to sit at that spot and oscillate a tiny bit. With some so far this is not seen until full throttle in the air. Some at idle on the ground. Is that the condition you want us to look for? I can see where you have made that visual mirage of the blades looking like they are going backawards a bit in their oscillation.

Problem for me: is that a real effect in the game or have I found your problem big time on full throttle so far?

You can also freeze the props by thumb marble panning rapidly side to side and manually create the issue with some planes.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 07:17:45 PM »
On the b29, if you get behind the right hand engines props and look at the top front turret or the main glass greenhouse - you'll see the turret flicker as well as the cockpit glass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 09:24:18 PM »
I found what you're talking about on the P-38J.  I was testing one of my AH2 skins, and while airborne zooming view in and around it, I could see weird flickering in the canopy glass when the rotating prop was between it and me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 01:49:24 AM »
I haven't checked all of them but so far I found:

A-20G
All the Zekes
B-25H
FW190 D9 and F8
All the F4Us
All the P-38s

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 09:23:32 AM »
I looked at a few others and found that there were also sorting errors with some props and different loadouts.

So right now I'm going through all of the plans and rearranging stuff as I find it in the databases. No Need to keep testing, it'll be more thorough for me to do this step. Just on the next patch - we'll have to be on the lookout for anything I missed.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 12:32:43 PM »
So the effect of the props looking like they are oscillating with three or four whisphy fans sationairy is not part of the effect you were looking for? All of the planes submitted so far and those you mentioned do this. I can see it in F3 mode from the front of the planes.

another thing I noticed is the difference between the animations at idle throttle and full is really almost indiscernible. At higher throttle won't the props blur into a single image? 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 12:54:11 PM »
Waffle the A20G didn't have the prop issue but when close enough in external view for the pilot to disappear then the horizon gauge shows through the fuselage.

The Zekes also don't have the prop issue. When you look through the gunsight glass from the front it looks through the pilot. I assumed those are similar issues.