Author Topic: Beta 3  (Read 3498 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Re: Beta 3
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2016, 01:21:17 PM »
I found a bug (and likely an easy one to fix too!):

In the OFFLINE arena, the selection list for Offline Drones includes "Gun Ship or Field".  The game crashes immediately upon choosing that option

"Gun Ship or Field" should probably be removed from the list for Offline Drones.

<S>
Kingpin

Putting the drones in a field gun is like turning them off. It's a nice feature. It crashes me too but it needs a real fix.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 01:23:48 PM by FLS »

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2016, 01:48:04 PM »
Putting the drones in a field gun is like turning them off. It's a nice feature. It crashes me too but it needs a real fix.

Perhaps a "None" option (which might put them in Tower if they need to be assigned somewhere as a "player") would be good -- for the purpose of turning them off.
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2016, 01:52:38 PM »
Update downloaded and installed fine.  Decided to drive into TT on CraterMA offline to take some pictures.  Noticed that sounds still come and go randomly.  For example the tank tread sound would be present.  I'd stop and it would stop.  Then I'd start up again and it would not come back.  Resetv 3 didn't fix it.  It's not just a binary thing either: sometimes the tank track sound is there, but very faint.  Sometimes very loud.  Sometimes gone.  Same for foliage crushing sound.

Next one is confusing, sorry.  I drove to the center of TT to take some pictures and noticed that the photogenic mountains circling it (the crater of CraterMA) were gone.  I exited and went online to CraterMA and the mountains were back, but the very furtherest distant ones rendered either black or flickered in and out as I rotated my view.  Sometimes they would render with black square patches.*  I went back to CraterMA offline and the mountains were back.  I went searching for a reason.  One that I found: online CraterMA foghifarmiles is set to 25 and foglofarmiles is 12.  Default offline is 18 and 6.  When I go online the offline fog settings pick up the online for that terrain, despite the default and despite restarting the program.

*I have 4GB RAM and a 2GB graphics card.  AH reports 1GB of graphic RAM used and Process Monitor reports 1.6GB of CPU RAM used when running beta.  32bit WinXP.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2016, 02:22:34 PM »
Can't remember if I've seen it mentioned, but engine sound directionality seems a bit off.  Engine sounds like it's in front of me, but if I look dead six, it appears to be coming from behind the seat.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2016, 02:38:13 PM »
<snip>
*I have 4GB RAM and a 2GB graphics card.  AH reports 1GB of graphic RAM used and Process Monitor reports 1.6GB of CPU RAM used when running beta.  32bit WinXP.

Windows XP is unique in how it handles DirectX graphics.  It is easier to run out of resources with Windows XP than with any other operating system.  It keeps two copies of all resources required for the video card.  One in system RAM and the other in video RAM.  A new scheme was adopted with Vista and later operating systems.

Try this, just as an experiment.  Reduce the maximum texture size to 1024.  Disable environment mapping, and shadows.  See if the draw results are different.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2016, 03:17:29 PM »
While in cockpit, looking straight up through canopy the engine sounds break up.......something like a directional sound issue.  No big deal.

Looking around the cockpit 360 degrees no problems.  Sounds are steady.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2016, 03:37:26 PM »
Great job on seperating the icons from the planes. Hate to be a pest, but a tiny bit more distance would great. Please do not hate me.  :o

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2016, 03:56:16 PM »
What failed?  It tells you at the end.

Not sure what your looking at but I'm looking at a box titled Aces High Beta Updater: Release information

Patch Installation Failed

The patch was not successfully installed. 

Then in a box within this box it gives information on what the patch update was.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2016, 04:19:29 PM »
I think there is still to much pollution look in the air for a 40's era game.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2016, 04:36:28 PM »
I think there is still to much pollution look in the air for a 40's era game.

Is simple host settings rvflyer, set both the haze layer alt and above the haze layer distances.

HITech

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2016, 04:43:10 PM »
Well..............to me it is fog which occurs naturally when the dew point and humidity match, a good precursor to rain.

If you live in Florida........you see the humidity a lot in the atmosphere even in mid afternoon on the Golf Course.

It's not fog..........it is ambient humidity.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2016, 05:09:56 PM »
rgr!

Is simple host settings rvflyer, set both the haze layer alt and above the haze layer distances.

HITech
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2016, 05:23:07 PM »
Not sure what your looking at but I'm looking at a box titled Aces High Beta Updater: Release information

Patch Installation Failed

The patch was not successfully installed. 

Then in a box within this box it gives information on what the patch update was.

Are you updating from beta1 or 2?

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2016, 06:37:36 PM »
I experienced a CTD tonight in a Spit Mk. V when a 190 crashed directly underneath me. Was about 3K above the ground. I was on Greebo's CraterMA map.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2016, 06:41:44 PM »
I was in the same arena at the same time as Plazus, and the same thing happened - I got a CTD after a 190 augered beneath me (wonder if he CTD'd too?  Think it was Wiley)

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   ahbeta.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   56a7c812
  Fault Module Name:   ahbeta.exe
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   56a7c812
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0018dd36
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033