Author Topic: Frame rates  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Frame rates
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 06:04:34 AM »
So, I downloaded the beta test, but still can't get my system over 21 FPS.  (this is with everything dialed down)  Not sure how to tweak graphics settings as they're limited. (turning off anti-alias, shadow bumps etc.  I'm running a I7 Intel, 6GB SDRAM, 2 SLI NVidia cards, Triple head to go drivers, SSD etc...so not sure how to proceed, but figured I'd let you know. 

For myself, even with a pretty hefty rig, low FPS is a real show stopper.

<S> SEViper :airplane:

Two things.

1)  DirectX is only seeing one video card, but that would only cause about a 10% to 15% loss in performance.
2)  You do not have the native sound card drivers installed in the computer.  That will hurt performance and can causes stability issues.

Graphics performance wise.  An NVidia 550 card is an older middle of the road performer.  You are not going to get really good performance out of it in AH3, especially if you are pushing 3 monitors.  Even an NVidia 970 would struggle at that resolution, with all the graphics options enabled.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 06:08:43 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 08:07:04 PM »
AH2   80+FPS   solid.     AH3   marginal  31fps  with +/- 4 variance

And with that I want the  water to be basic (no deep  blues,  no  water reflections)  turned on by  default unless  i'm  skirting low  or  in a  gv).   It would be fantastic to control that  environment of water and water reflections again..  Because it's really  only applicable to low level flying or  gv'ing.    Up high.  it  wastes   FPS.

Also,  the  brightness contrast  of trees  to the shadows  are  way  too high in the HDR  range.  It's hurting on the eyes the fakeness of the trees.  They are  exagerated in their  Brightness/Contrast  ratio  of  HRD  range.      Need to soften it out.

Also,   the  terrain  stutters.   Need to work on that....

All the  'goodies'  willl turn away players who dont have a system that handles at least AH2  above 60fpg (my AH2 is  solid  80fps),  which revert to stuttery  ground effects.

Audio side note:     Lastly,   P51  start-up,  we need that  hard puff puff  start up,  not that  smooth  start up  audio file that is in default.
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline SEViper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 09:11:42 PM »
How do I configure beta to use the SLI configuration?  I don't see it enabled on the splash, but the NVIDA configuration says it's "enabled"...

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 04:32:47 AM »
Have you got everything set as suggested in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96I3A88F_II

EDIT: Even in SLI two 550s aren't going to make much difference I think, but please try it anyway.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 05:16:10 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 05:03:20 PM »
SEViper,

Are you rendering 3 monitors?  [ ][ ][ ]

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2016, 11:56:06 PM »
I made this suggestion once before, default environment map slider should be none.

This, I think, is a great suggestion.