Author Topic: Copprhed  (Read 511 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Copprhed
« on: January 28, 2016, 08:46:29 PM »
Here's the offline gunnery practice terrain you asked for.

I'll have to update this from time to time before AH3, then with AH3 because the directory paths will change. The file is a 7zip self extracting file.

1. - Download to your C:\Hitech Creations folder.
2. - Execute it, and when asked where to extract, change to C:\Hitech Creations\ Aces High Beta

Download link:    http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/eu34o2zE/file.html

I've added an updated B-25H gunsight (usaN3B57mm) with range marks to 4000yds. If you raise the gunsight up until the small tick mark below the 4 just shows. The CV will fit nicely inside of the width of the gunsight glass at 4000yds. You can shoot 5000yds by aiming with the top edge of the gunsight's barrel body where the projector lens is.

You will have 10x ammo set for planes except for the 75mm. A Hitech restriction. The minimum fuel burn so you only need 25%. Increased icon range. AP ammo will not destroy the tanks but, makes a really nice explosion when you hit them. If you want most of the common objects like the field guns and ships to come back up in 2 minutes. Go into the arena setting for objects where the time down and pounds of bombs to destroy an object is. Press the load button, I included a file that will change those values. You will have to do that every time you open this terrain.

The important wirbel spawn to shoot at the drones is at A1 NW. All other spawns, just click on them in tanks, planes and PT to find out.

A1 N GV spawn is onto a 4 mile long tank range with a 17lb and 88 on the firing line. V7 N GV spawn is onto a 4000yd tank range with a 17lb and 88 on the firing line.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Copprhed
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 08:15:12 AM »
Thanks for reposting this Bustr. I'm behind in my downloads and had missed this earlier. RL is just annoying the crap out of me atm. Haven't even had a sec to turn on the PC let alone get any stick time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

>
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 05:35:53 PM »
Guess Copperhd hasen't looked for the terrain he requested yet.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 10:27:26 PM »
First link is invalid because I had to make a change to the B-25H gunsight.

download:   http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/UdJfr8Id/file.html

Gunsight - Lift the gunsight up so top of the ring is just below top of the reflector plate. the move forward vie forward until the number 5 just shows. The two sets of marks just below the bottom of the ring is for the CV at 4k and 5k. Best attack is from 250-500ft alt.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 11:37:03 PM »
Do the tank on the range blow up? It look like I was hitting them and getting a different explosion, but they never blew up.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 12:15:15 PM »
I've tried also, bustr, hits but no kill...a bug?
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 12:58:14 PM »
First post he says ammo will not destroy tanks but makes a nice explosion.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 02:00:18 PM »
It is a Hitech "Feature" with the terrain objects.

AP ammo will not destroy tanks set down on a terrain as an inanimate none player controlled object. You get a nice explosion just like you get on ARMY tank ranges shooting at old tank shells. This is a training range to teach you your sights. If you want to destroy tanks, turn all the drones into tanks and they will sit all over the airfield. Then shoot back at them from the tank range.

If you change to HE because you want the explosion, HE and AP trajectories are different. Hitech didn't seem impressed with my request to make the tank shells go boom with AP ammo. I tested changing the tank shell object to a fuel bunker so you would get that nice fire because the ** AP on base will destroy it. The AP ammo would not destroy the tank shell even when it was designated a fuel bunker.

Now if I could only get the MOTD to work with this terrain so every time the newbie and the oldies open it up, an AP ammo warning would be there to read. I don't really see game players reading readme files.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 02:35:48 PM »
Just to be sure and fair to you guys. I opened up the gunnery terrain and set the two osti 1200yds out from the tank spawn on the 4 mile range at A1 to be bunker fuel object tags. The fuel bunkers I used for the mile markers will go boom after 4 AP from a tank. The osti only gave the new hit explosion for AH3. I changed to HE and the osti exploded and burned like a fuel bunker in one shot.

It is a Hitech programing feature.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 03:33:35 PM »
Thanks for letting us know, bustr, can't speak for Fugi, but I  was wondering if it was a bug that needed addressing. I'ts really not a problem, especially now that it's understood.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"