Author Topic: Two things... maybe three  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Two things... maybe three
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 02:09:22 AM »
any reason?  if you can program "mouse commander" mode, i would assume you could program a solid default mouse button mode?
A couple of questions: How would you describe a "default mouse" and what would the "default mode" for such a mouse be?

At one point during the testing there was some functions assigned to the mouse "by default" which caused the main gun spray all its rounds on the runway.

I just checked and my Logitech MX518 shows all of its five buttons in the game. That's exactly what my other controllers do. I've had to figure out the best configuration for them, and my "best" has proved to be different from others.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 08:32:12 AM »
I would say mouse movement, left click, and right click would be a good start.  I think all mouse have those buttons.  It would allow at the very least a new player to be able just to jump in.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 09:04:58 AM »
Well, as I said, during the Alpha there was something like that, left click serving as the primary trigger. After left clicking the clipboard off the screen all the guns blazed as long as there were rounds left. Having the mouse as a default controller would cause every one having a joystick to first unmap all functions from the mouse to get to point zero. It's much easier to write a small tutorial about configuring any controller, including the mouse. After all, a mouse and the keyboard aren't the first intuitive devices to fly an aeroplane, be it virtual or real.

I truly appreciate the skills of you guys who are playing with a mouse only, but for me and I believe the majority of us the mouse is just for pointing and clicking. Assigning several modes like "fly" and "point-click" by default would cause issues, at least for guys like me.

When I was much younger I tried to play a rally game with a friend on a shared screen using a shared keyboard. Left-right-accelerate-brake only, no up-down-tilt movements. Need I say that we both sucked badly?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:13:10 AM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 09:24:15 AM »
I would say mouse movement, left click, and right click would be a good start.  I think all mouse have those buttons.  It would allow at the very least a new player to be able just to jump in.

Those are and always have been auto assigned.

HiTech