Author Topic: Beta 4  (Read 3243 times)

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Re: Beta 4
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 11:28:19 PM »
CraterMA.. LVT4 from CV or a base.. launch, point gun straight down and pull the trigger.. insta tower.
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline ahzaidi55

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 06:54:38 AM »
So I am using the keyboard and mouse configuration. I can't end a sortie because it says that I need to press the "NONE" key to allow me to use the cursor to select END SORTIE. Could you sort this out?

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 07:29:15 AM »
Under Controllers Settings, Map Keys, then find the command to "toggle" between mouse control, and then map it to a key on your keyboard that is not being used, like + key on you number pad for example.  After that has been mapped, you should be able to toggle in and out of mouse control mode.  Also, if the mouse cursor does not appear when the clipboard is called up, you might need to enable it with "H" key.

Haven't done this since the last patch changes affecting mouse control, so hope it works.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 08:52:17 AM »
I got into a shore battery at A49 to shoot at an enemy fleet right off the field.  I got one shot and one shot only.  The Shore Battery did not reload.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 11:23:13 AM »
How do you turn off offline drones?

In the Delta mission the AI is off the map. Flying as Allied crashes game.

With instant view, up and down now works but the zoom to center does not work until you use another hat view. Without instant view it works normally.

Can the 1v1 arena use similar or selectable aircraft?

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 11:26:18 AM »
So I am using the keyboard and mouse configuration. I can't end a sortie because it says that I need to press the "NONE" key to allow me to use the cursor to select END SORTIE. Could you sort this out?

Use .ef
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 11:38:05 AM »

From Beta patch 3. Action: Changed the way the game behaves when in mouse only mode. There is now a new key QUOTE that toggles the GUI on or off when the clip board is up.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 11:59:14 AM »
Loaded Beta 4 last night & was playing with a tank on the Crater map. Drove over to a base just to shoot it up & ran into 1 ammo bunker where all rounds did nothing but pass though it & hit the ground. I filmed it as well & the film #is 0. Tried to open it up today to view it & the film viewer crashes every time.

So I restarted my PC to see if it would help & when I tried to watch the film #0 in beta 4 it is gone now & the only list showing up now is all the films from AHII I have saved.

Only thing that I have is a screen shot of the bunker & a copy & pasted film #0 on my desk top that keeps crashing every time.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2016, 12:39:21 PM »
Lyric,

There is a new command .psave that will save your physical location on the map. From that the map builder can go to that location. It saves in the settings folder as a text file. Just copy and paste the contents.

You can also give the file a name: .psave myfile.txt
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 12:43:56 PM »
I reviewed the film and the film is fine. The film player had an AHII association on Lyrics' machine and that has been fixed.

The bunker in question appears to have the surface flipped, but of course there could be any number of things causing it to appear that way. This is not the first time I have run into this, so the question is why so many people have the same issue?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 12:47:45 PM »
How do you turn off offline drones?

Honestly if I don't want them flying around, I make them all GV, then change the Icon mode so I don't see the Icons. Always wondered why Hitech didn't have an option in the drone selection of [none]. Chances are less than 1% of players would bother.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 01:18:07 PM »
Honestly if I don't want them flying around, I make them all GV, then change the Icon mode so I don't see the Icons. Always wondered why Hitech didn't have an option in the drone selection of [none]. Chances are less than 1% of players would bother.

We had the option of field guns. Now we don't. I'm not seeing the advantage.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 01:20:33 PM »
We had the option of field guns. Now we don't. I'm not seeing the advantage.

It would ctd the program.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2016, 01:23:40 PM »
The film I posted did one other strange thing. The NE task group is set to perform rapid zig zags for bombing practice against tight turning CV. The flim did not record the wakes correctly during the time I was over it in the B26. The task group had performed a 180 degree turnabout with the wakes describing a circular motion. In the film the wakes were recorded straight.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2016, 02:44:08 PM »
Updated to Beta 4 w\o issue.

Went into Greebo's CraterMA arena and finally noticed that the Beta had me listed as a Rook.

Ever since I've been in AH I have always been listed as a Bishop.............

I just KNEW something wasn't feeling right!

:D

Now I know where to change country at..................

:)

Went up in me ole Spitty Mk IX & flew around & saw a con taking off from a base that I was flying over (109K) so I just thought I'd evoke a little 1 vs 1 just to get the hang of the Beta during an actual engagement. Wasn't gonna shoot, just engage and try to saddle em up.............

Now I know that the plane FM's weren't changed in any way but I'd swear that the Beta client has been MUCH better optimized to run from a performance perspective vs AHII.

All controls seem to perform far smoother & more precise in the Beta than in AHII from a "feel" perspective and when I pull up the graphs of my box's performance while running the Beta vs the graphs while running AHII from MSI Afterburner I can clearly see that the Beta is making far, far more use of both my box's CPU and GPU over AHII.....by a fair margin to boot!

:aok  :rock  :x

Now on the cockpit shadow jaggies...........

When the cockpit is casting a shadow across either wing I can clearly see an invisible line that is running along the Hispano wing humps where the shadows are switching from being correctly ant-aliased to the blocky edged look.....from the humps in towards the cockpit the shadows are correctly anti-aliased, moving past the humps towards the wing tips the shadows are blocky. The plane itself (object) is correctly anti-aliased. The plane shadow that is cast on the ground while sitting on the runway is correctly anti-aliased on certain sections & is blocky on other sections. The cockpit bar shadows that are cast within the cockpit are also blocky but at a much smaller rate than the shadows that are cast outside of the cockpit.

Is this just an issue of telling the shaders where to apply FXAA on the mip mapped shadow edges?

I'm sure that y'all prolly already know what the issue is and are gonna get to it sometime but I'm curious so I'm asking.

Greebo, the Beta CraterMA terrain is just frikken beautiful to behold!

In the meantime I can't wait till this goes full open...........

Good stuff is a coming..............

:salute

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd