Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e 789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e 789

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 5
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2016, 12:37:23 PM »
Cloud formation bug - the whole bank of clouds jumps and then returns to its position.   I caught it happening several times in this video

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2016, 02:29:14 PM »
Apologies if this has already been reported and is known (I'm just starting to play around with this), but I'm unable to scroll down on the advanced sound volume screen, therefore I can't change the volume of all sliders.

I think that is all that is on that page. I dont think there is more advanced sounds options like in AH2.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »
I think that is all that is on that page. I dont think there is more advanced sounds options like in AH2.
Well that would stink. If true, I hope it's reconsidered! I can barely hear the buffeting.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2016, 02:46:38 PM »
The aircraft engine's sound like an over stressed 75 hp Mercury outboard motor.  What might be gained in the new AH III, we have lost in a lot of sound effect's. I guess people will hate me, but I am disappointed. So many thing's have to be disabled, what's the use to have it. Let the hate begin.

Never trust an atom, they make things up

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2016, 03:03:14 PM »
From the very limited information you have ever given about your PC, but, the number of under powered PC driven complaints you have lodged. Why are you disappointed in your outcomes when you seem to understand a weaker PC will have poor results? Why are you blaming Hitech?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2016, 03:20:04 PM »
The aircraft engine's sound like an over stressed 75 hp Mercury outboard motor.  What might be gained in the new AH III, we have lost in a lot of sound effect's. I guess people will hate me, but I am disappointed. So many thing's have to be disabled, what's the use to have it. Let the hate begin.

Custom sounds will be available. I have always used Rangers sound pack. You'll be able to d/l the sound pack that you use.
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2016, 03:48:47 PM »
Custom sounds will be available. I have always used Rangers sound pack. You'll be able to d/l the sound pack that you use.

Just to clarify.  You will not be able to use the existing custom sound packs.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2016, 03:58:39 PM »
From the very limited information you have ever given about your PC, but, the number of under powered PC driven complaints you have lodged. Why are you disappointed in your outcomes when you seem to understand a weaker PC will have poor results? Why are you blaming Hitech?

Consider for a moment how Shilo might use different sounds from Ranger, Mitsu, and Twinboom's sound packs without learning how to use FMOD, especially when he can't access the individual sounds. I prefer it this way, but I understand the disappointment.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2016, 04:21:47 PM »
Shilo,

I think there is a misconception on your part.  I have yet to find sounds that are missing, that were present before. 

What I have noticed, sounds are grouped and some sounds, like explosions are timed to inject speed of sound (still a bit long if you ask me).

The one sound that I might agree with being missing, is also missing in AH2:  Outside gunfire from sources other than 37 mm belonging to player controlled aircraft or GVs.  -  This I hope can be corrected or I have a setting fubar somewhere on my system.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2016, 04:55:07 PM »
Gentlemen and women. My computer has more than the recommend  power and graphics. I had my computer man to check. I apologize if I seem gruff.
 It's just I am an old man and not comfortable with change. I just took so long to get sounds I like.
I do not know to download the new MFOD system. Again I apologize for being so  mean. :old:

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2016, 05:50:05 PM »
Just to clarify.  You will not be able to use the existing custom sound packs.

Will people be able to create and share new custom sound packs?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2016, 09:36:30 PM »
Gentlemen and women. My computer has more than the recommend  power and graphics. I had my computer man to check. I apologize if I seem gruff.
 It's just I am an old man and not comfortable with change. I just took so long to get sounds I like.
I do not know to download the new MFOD system. Again I apologize for being so  mean. :old:

Don't take it personal Shilo, but there are still a substantial amount of work to be done by all "Sound Pak" guru's to convert their sound packs over to the new FMOD. I miss my sound pack as well, nice to know if the gv approaching is panzer or a tiger. :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2016, 02:10:06 AM »
I'm seeing the same issues with the bridge approach ramps that I saw with the single maprooms. Most of the ramps aren't picking up the underlying terrain type.
JPGs attached.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2016, 02:14:46 AM »
Will people be able to create and share new custom sound packs?
I suppose so, though I may be wrong. HiTech started a sticky thread about Custom Sounds, including rather simple looking instructions for adding a new "Warning" sound into the game. The same basics should work with any other sounds as long as you can find the right folder, just as it is in the current game.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni