Author Topic: Frame Rate Test 2  (Read 5973 times)

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Re: Frame Rate Test 2
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 08:07:17 AM »
5760x1200 55FPS
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 08:10:37 AM by 68falcon »
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 08:48:04 AM »
Downloaded craterma from download page, put in terrain folder, but game locks up when trying to load the map. only resolve was to do a hard reset on computer.

Get rid of the Craterma file you downloaded, that is for AH2 only. Go online, select the melee tab and then select CraterMA. The beta should auto-download the correct terrain file for you.

BTW testing FPS this way in beta 5 is only likely to be useful to HT if you also tested it the same way in beta 4.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 08:51:27 AM by Greebo »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 11:52:10 AM »
A1 Tower 1130 Arena time:

Tower was 100, now 109
Runways was 72 -78, now 83 - 95 depending on runway direction.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 12:33:28 PM »
no help fr is 6  each way

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 06:07:47 PM »
Get rid of the Craterma file you downloaded, that is for AH2 only. Go online, select the melee tab and then select CraterMA. The beta should auto-download the correct terrain file for you.

BTW testing FPS this way in beta 5 is only likely to be useful to HT if you also tested it the same way in beta 4.

Got it. Frame rate is at a 30 currently
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2016, 09:03:06 PM »
I too missed the first test, but in beta 5 I averaged 174 with the test run at night, online, CraterMA, A1.

I'm running an  E8400 4GB ddr2 system I upgraded to win7 64bit, and put a used nvidia gtx 480 1.5GB ddr5.

<S>
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2016, 11:03:48 AM »
before 22     

after 22

DxDiag provided
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2016, 03:32:40 PM »
My apologies for missing/not posting in the first Frame Rate Test, I was enroute to florida and have just gotten back home today....

I did try and check with Beta 4, with your requested settings, hitech, sir, but did it in offline mode on CraterMA terrain

Beta 4 ( Offline ) 1st try = 119   2nd try = 151   <---( not sure what I did different, except rebooted my computer )

downloaded/installed Beta 5 patch, then rebooted PC

Beta 5 ( Offline ) 164     <----- EDIT: this was using the old Beta 4 version of CraterMA terrain, just to be clear!
Beta 5 ( Online ) 171     <-----> It downloaded an updated version of Greebo's CraterMA terrain, for Beta 5.  I also did the test offline like I did for Beta 4, just to see if there was a difference

hope this helps

TC
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:43:04 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2016, 03:36:44 PM »
Dunno if I'm doing something wrong or what. Went into vid settings screen and disabled Vsync. Checked to make sure that is application controlled in CCC. It is. Put all the other settings per the instructions.

I get 59FPS in both beta 4 and beta 5. Wouldn't that indicate I'm likely still on Vsync? Even after going back into CCC and resetting Vsync globally to off instead of application controlled. At any rate I get no change between versions.

Drano, sir... If you are using the new ATI Crimson drivers, below the vsync setting toggle....... there is a slider of what you want your desired frame rate target set to, I had mine locked at 61, I moved the slider all the way to the right which on my PC, maxed out at 200 FPS..........I was having the same issue as you, trying to do the Beta 4 test, after disabling vsync, I was still getting 61 FPS, until I moved the Frame Rate Target slider

hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2016, 04:35:42 PM »
Haven't tried those yet. Guessing I won't benefit much performance wise with my slightly long in the tooth 6950. But then again the different control panel interface is worth exploring. Will give that a shot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Bellator

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2016, 01:18:44 PM »
Went from 60 fps to 100 fps.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2016, 02:38:08 PM »
Drops drastically when enabling SLI on my non SLI motherboard.  Although SLI does have a great benefit in AH2, it does the opposite in Beta = Down to 44 for 112

Slight Hijack here... :bolt:

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2016, 08:38:33 PM »
5th test PC ( using ASUS EAHD3870 512MB GDDR4  Video Card - this VC is like 11 to 12 years old)

same deal, had to test Beta 4 offline before the update!

Beta 4 - CraterMA- vsync off - default settings - Bishops A1 field, clipboard minimized )

39 FPS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beta 5 - CraterMA ( offline ) ( using old Beta 4 CraterMA terrain, before recent update of the .res file )

58 FPS

Beta 5 - CraterMA ( online ) ( current CraterMA terrain .res update )

58 FPS

hope this helps

TC

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2016, 09:05:04 PM »
Drops drastically when enabling SLI on my non SLI motherboard.  Although SLI does have a great benefit in AH2, it does the opposite in Beta = Down to 44 for 112

Slight Hijack here... :bolt:

Make sure that SLI is actually active (if you use the express update it won't be after updating). Then make sure you have created a custom profile for AHbeta, and that the SLI method is set to "Force alternate frame rendering 2."
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2016, 08:05:25 AM »
3rd test PC ( using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB GDDR5  Video Card )

same deal, had to test Beta 4 offline before the update!

Beta 4 - CraterMA- vsync off - default settings - Bishops A1 field, clipboard minimized )

47 FPS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beta 5 - CraterMA ( offline ) ( using old Beta 4 CraterMA terrain, before recent update of the .res file )

67 FPS

Beta 5 - CraterMA ( online ) ( current CraterMA terrain .res update )

69 FPS

hope this helps

TC