Author Topic: Participation  (Read 645 times)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Participation
« on: February 09, 2016, 10:17:59 AM »
Stupid question, how does one participate in FSO?

Chuikov

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
Re: Participation
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 10:27:09 AM »
find a squad to join and show up on Friday evenings in the "Special events arena 1 (SEA1)" at the correct time. 

Want to fly axis most of the time? come join us in Jg54.  If not, you could probably post your side/ride preference right here and several squads will probably make an offer to add you to their rosters for FSO :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:30:04 AM by tmetal »
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 10:57:31 AM »
Hey chuikov, hit me up Friday night if ur on and you can try a frame with us...This is Frame 1 for this months setup...So if you enjoy ur experience there will be 2 more frames of this scenario left this month...next month will be a different scenario...with a different plane set...FSO's tend to evolve throughout the month with the different CICs and objectives and such....

Is it Friday yet???   :joystick:  :airplane:

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 11:30:29 AM »
Chris, decide now and get an invite from a squad to join them.  You must set this up before the FSO.  There are no walk ons.  A squad must be expecting you and be ready to take you in to their squad prior to the event beginning.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 03:01:23 PM »
he has an open invitation to JG54.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 03:42:23 PM »
he has an open invitation to JG54.

And I hope he takes it.  FSO's are the best part of the game and flying with JG54 will hook him for life!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 07:41:23 PM »
I am sure that you can find a squad to take you. Let us know how you make out.  :salute
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 02:02:21 PM »
Thanks for the invite JG54, what is the plane set if I may ask

Chuikov

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 06:26:57 PM »
PM sent chris
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 11:01:29 PM »
Chris,
Wasn't a stupid question at all ... was a GREAT question.

FSO is a "NO WALK ONs" event BECAUSE the squads are held accountable for the actions of their squad members in the event.  One bad actor can ruin hundreds of man-hours' worth of effort and planning.

You DON'T have to be a member of the FSO squad in the MA's to be a member of the FSO squad.  Thus the invitations from the JGs.

In order for the event to work, everyone needs to be doing their respective parts of the event.

I agree with those that believe FSO to be the best part of Aces High (I relish it).

If you don't find a good fit with JGs (Seems unlikely based on their reputation in FSO), feel free to let G3-MF know that you are looking for a squad to fly with in FSO.  I've watched you for years and you play with class!

<S>

- Rodent57
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 03:08:12 PM »
I will also throw the Ak's name in the hat if you're interested in trying it out.  We often have guest players, and small squads.  We are very active in FSO, and quite successful. 

Let me know if you are interested. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org