Author Topic: The best upgrade I ever did!  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
The best upgrade I ever did!
« on: February 20, 2016, 07:46:52 PM »
So I was having lots of PC troubles. Sony vegas was crashing, Shadowplay recordings were showing up as corrupted, games were not updating correctly, and every fix that I tried was having no effect. I was about to just do a complete fresh install of Win7 and then possibly reformat my Hard Drive if that didn't work but then I remembered I had a free upgrade to try so I thought "What the heck? I'm doing a fresh install anyways might as well see if this works." Upgrading to Win10 fixed everything! No more corrupted shadowplay recordings as well as all the old ones being fixed, games play again, and Sony vegas works again! Whenever my computer does have a problem and crashes then my PC sends data to Microsoft to fix the issue. Transitioning from Win7 to Win10 has also been very painless. Feels just like Win7 but looks a lot better!

Win10 is quite awesome!  :aok

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: The best upgrade I ever did!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 07:52:00 PM »
careful latrobe some around these parts will have your head for this sort of talk.    :bolt:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 08:45:09 PM »
Whenever my computer does have a problem and crashes then my PC sends data to Microsoft to fix the issue. Transitioning from Win7 to Win10 has also been very painless.

It is painless for a reason.   But I am okay with 8.1 for now.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 09:23:36 PM »
I'm one of the few that has been hit by a bug in Windows 7 that prevents me from updating to Windows 10.  From the problems my wife has had with Windows 10, kind of glad I can't upgrade.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 12:35:19 AM »
Have you heard that the DoD has ordered that every one of their PCs are to be upgraded to Blowme10?
Skynet is no longer a myth... :noid
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 03:13:40 AM »
How do I stop Microsoft telling me to upgrade?

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 04:45:03 AM »
@Latrobe: As far as I understand the upgrade procedure, it's pretty much a "fresh install" which saves your personal data and programs. You might have been able to do the same with your existing Windows 7, "updating" from within Windows to the same version you already had. If your problems were caused by a corrupted OS, that might have done the trick.

But if it works and you're happy, who am I to argue?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 07:56:47 AM »
Whenever my computer does have a problem and crashes then my PC sends data to Microsoft to fix the issue.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 07:51:05 PM »
Trading one problem for another bigger problem isn't a "fix."

Not knowing it's a problem at the time is not an excuse, especially with all of the warnings on this forum.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 09:45:20 PM »
Trading one problem for another bigger problem isn't a "fix."

Not knowing it's a problem at the time is not an excuse, especially with all of the warnings on this forum.

The scale of the problem is subjective, he clearly stated that he is no longer having issues with his OS that he was having before.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 10:00:05 PM »
The scale of the problem is subjective, he clearly stated that he is no longer having issues with his OS that he was having before.

Let me explain this in words everyone can understand. If you have not had a catastrophic event with Windows 10 yet, just wait long enough and you will. If you think you know better, then you're only fooling yourself. You should immediately take measures to prevent permanent loss of any files you hold dear, because disaster is coming.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 10:08:06 PM »
windows 10 makes me feel
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 01:28:19 AM »
So I was having lots of PC troubles. Sony vegas was crashing, Shadowplay recordings were showing up as corrupted, games were not updating correctly, and every fix that I tried was having no effect. I was about to just do a complete fresh install of Win7 and then possibly reformat my Hard Drive if that didn't work but then I remembered I had a free upgrade to try so I thought "What the heck? I'm doing a fresh install anyways might as well see if this works." Upgrading to Win10 fixed everything! No more corrupted shadowplay recordings as well as all the old ones being fixed, games play again, and Sony vegas works again! Whenever my computer does have a problem and crashes then my PC sends data to Microsoft to fix the issue. Transitioning from Win7 to Win10 has also been very painless. Feels just like Win7 but looks a lot better!

Win10 is quite awesome!  :aok
Windows 10 rocks......I have it...it looks great and very simply to use....plus it has Cortana and u can crack jokes with her lol....
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 02:18:54 AM »
Let me explain this in words everyone can understand. If you have not had a catastrophic event with Windows 10 yet, just wait long enough and you will. If you think you know better, then you're only fooling yourself. You should immediately take measures to prevent permanent loss of any files you hold dear, because disaster is coming.

I've been running Win10 on two machines for several months now and haven't had a single issue outside of a few older programs that are no longer compatible.  It seems all the catastrophic Win10 events on these forums are yours.  Deductive reasoning therefore tells me Win10 isn't the problem.

I didn't use words too big for you did I?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.