Author Topic: Beta 7: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 7: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 10:07:18 AM »
Greebo:  I presume the frame rates you quote are for flying over the terrain.  That isn't the highest stress level.  I'm curious what your machine gets when driving a tank deep into the forests of CraterMA or Karelia (avafinrus).  My ancient machine is killed in that environment and I'm curious as to what level of hardware I should upgrade to in order to keep the cool eye candy that AH3 provides.
I appreciate that you posted that. It's exactly why avafinru exists on the server.
Hitech's recent optimization has improved frame rates nicely and it will allow more detailed elevation verts and ambient objects, rivers and clouds. The hardware stress may only get worse in that future itineration of avafinru but if you can run it with a furball in the air or on the ground, you should be good with anything the game can throw at you.

(my 2 cents)
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 10:19:52 AM »
still having a problem with using the mouse on the clip board no matter what key i press it wont let me use the mouse cursor

If you copied over your key map file from AH2, you would lose this command.

Map the "MOUSE GUI TOGGLE" command to KEY_QUOTE in the keyboard mapper and that will fix it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 10:23:05 AM »
Hi HiTech and Beta testers,

I've had a  game startup problem since beta 05. 
I'm getting the "Could not load ERr = 8876088C" in my textbuffer, with the clipboard and a blue sky... after I go into the "Online" or "Offline" modes.

I have tested the game since it was in its early alpha stages, but saw only this problem from after beta 5.

Enclosing the dxdiag and a screendump.

<S> Case

Disable post lighting and shadows, see if your view comes back.

HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 10:38:20 AM »
Updated and installed fine.

ran a PT boat aground and it kept bobbing and cruising through the ground after it fell through it.
I tried to end sortie (text .ef) and it said I must be stopped, I tried to bail and couldn't. I tried to use the clipboard to end sortie and it wasn't accepting mouse a small green texted message came up that said use the quote key but it was very small text and blended in well with the map so was hard to read. But it gave me mouse control back but still said I was moving so I had to alt F4 out.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline cseeberg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 11:03:44 AM »
Try disabling shadows or post lighting.

Thanks, disabling shadows worked.  I cleaned out my swapfile/pagefile - but got the same error.  I then disabled shadows - voila  :salute

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 02:01:11 PM »
Greebo:  I presume the frame rates you quote are for flying over the terrain.  That isn't the highest stress level.  I'm curious what your machine gets when driving a tank deep into the forests of CraterMA or Karelia (avafinrus).  My ancient machine is killed in that environment and I'm curious as to what level of hardware I should upgrade to in order to keep the cool eye candy that AH3 provides.

With all graphics options at max except for EM at one notch I got from 50-85 FPS in a tank in the driving around the centre of CraterMA TT online. The more nearby trees in my FOV the lower the frame rate.

BTW I am in the middle of redoing all the CraterMA SP-to-base routes so they have a lot less trees. Players will have to dart across open stretches to reach the next patch of forest cover.

I played all the available missions online. The last time I did this I got a lot of CTDs but this time I was able to play with no problems. The mission which put me in a box of B-17s gave me 35 FPS when I had the rest of the bomber formation in my FOV.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 02:03:23 PM by Greebo »

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 02:04:54 PM »
WELL I GOT TO ENJOY ALPHA ONE DAY AFTER MANY PROBLEMS AND TIMES TRYING TO INSTALL THE GAME OVER.

TODAY AT 3 PM I TRIED TO LOG ON AND I GOT THE POP UP ALPHA EXE.. IS NOT WORKING. REBOOTED.....SAME THING. SO I AM BACK TO SQUARE 1  WITH ALPHA III....................IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING SAME PROBLEM?

KIMOSABE

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 02:08:03 PM »
Kimo try going into the HTC folder, open the alpha/beta game folder and start it from there...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2016, 02:09:58 PM »
I TOOK THE RAM OUT OF ANOTHER COMPUTER AND INSTALLED IT IN MINE. HOW CAN i TELL ITS NOT JUST SITTING THERE AND IS ACTUALLY WORKING?

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2016, 02:11:20 PM »
OK PULLER, WILL DO. THANKS

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2016, 02:13:44 PM »
Update through game with no issues, even Avast had nothing against the installer this time.

Joined a mission, noticed that the AI Zeros were better than me.

Also noticed that the tower clock didn't tick. First too loud, then too silent. Can we ever be pleased?

And also noticed that the mouse cursor seemed not to lag, at least not as badly as it used to.  :aok

And further, the typo on the Control box still says LIASION instead of LIAISON.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2016, 02:14:01 PM »
PULLER, I GOT THE SAME RESPONSE. ALPHA EXE WILL NOT WORK.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2016, 02:26:02 PM »
Try running ahbeta.exe instead of ahalpha.exe.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2016, 02:28:26 PM »
PULLER, I GOT THE SAME RESPONSE. ALPHA EXE WILL NOT WORK.

Look in your start menu for the beta NOT alpha