Author Topic: Yak-3 ENY adjustment  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: Yak-3 ENY adjustment
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 04:25:55 PM »
No grand payoff, only putting planes where they belong within the ENY system.

It would often be quite a bit more than "a few tenths of a point" for me, as I don't fly EZ mode planes like the Yak-3.   :D
You a K-4 guy?
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 04:42:57 PM »
You a K-4 guy?
He is the definition of a hangar queen jockey

Okay, lets say you are right.  What exactly does lowering it really do?  A few more tenth's of a point when you kill it and a few tenth's less when it kills something?  Occasionally not being able to up it when ENY gets out of hand?

What is the grand payoff?
That's it....when they kill an N1K they should get one point...not over 2 which is how it is now with a flat eny. It may not deter any yak3 pilots to fly it but it won't give them the perks to it....I was always for a more strict perk system. :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 07:26:05 PM »
You a K-4 guy?

In terms of number of kills scored in the 71 fighters in AH, The 109K-4 ranks 60th, The F4U-1A ranks 64th and the Yak-3 comes in at 55th on my list.  :)

He is the definition of a hangar queen jockey

Guilty as charged.  In fact, this month's featured target drone will be the P-40C!   :banana:

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 07:37:07 PM »
In fact, this month's featured target drone will be the P-40C!   :banana:

At least you know you're dying while looking good in one of my skins.  :devil
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2016, 07:53:49 PM »
At least you know you're dying while looking good in one of my skins.  :devil

You can count on that.  :cheers:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 02:57:52 AM »
Both the "interesting" damage model, and the ability to climb continously at rediculous angle infinitely at 100mph without the torque swinging it around, it is a definite perk condender.

It's one of the few planes I have to go back and reload after shooting one down.
I have to do the same after killing 6 lancasters.

I think the 190F8 has more armour weight than that little devil weights in total, mind you, it takes a fraction of the bullets to kill a 190F8 compared to the Yak3, and it had only back seat armour.

It also have unlimited WEP.

God save us if we ever get the Yak3P (with same guns as the 3-gun LA-7, and faster than the LA-7)

@ devil505 - hint hint FW190a8 white 20 ???  ;)

Unless the damage modeling is adjusted for the Yak3, it has a higher survivability quotient than many rides in similar furballs. The ENY may be governed by the small ammo load. Otherwise it is in the same down and dirty furballing class as a spit16. The other Yaks seem to absorb damage to a higher degree, the Yak3 seems to be set to the highest degree of the Yak stable.

Here is a thought on Russian hybrid plywood aluminum fighters. Of about 9000 La5 in combat, around 2500 were lost. In 1942 the largest number were lost, 1460. The Yak3 reached front lines in the year only about 800 La5 were lost in combat.

As for the small size of the target (damage area) argument, the La5 and the Yak3 are very close in size with similar speeds.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:21:03 AM by save »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 03:45:19 AM »
Yak3 can take more damage than the other 3 planes combined (Spit14,P51d,Fw190D), and climb at stupid angle as long as it wish (or hit the moon), limitless WEP until out of fuel.

190D can't pull G at all without losing lot's of E, has good acceleration to get it back though, can't dive away as it's siebling A-series. Can run like few others at the deck.

Bf109k would be with FW190D at ENY 10, because the can both outrun/outclimb and survive. they both still need experts to get good K/D in them.

La-7 is very easy to fly and survive in, 3-gun model should be perked, 2-gun ENY 5.

If /when we get the 190D11-D13 they would be Eny 5 (D11 2*30mm + 2*20mm, D12 propeller 30mm + 2*20mm, D13 2*20mm + 1*20mm propeller.

The FW190A9 would be at ENY 15, same plane as the A8, better nose armor (less oil leak), 10-15mph mph faster, better climb.

There are several planes that should have their ENy adjusted, 190D should be ENY 5, it is as good as the pony and LA. YAK-3 should be a 10 due to the guns. Spit XIV should be a 15 (or the same as the 109K-4.)
-Caldera

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 07:11:04 AM »
YAK-3 strength can be questioned since it was, like most other Russian fighters, partly covered with plywood...
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 12:45:12 PM »
Still not sure if it's more hits or more ammo that's required to take a yak down.  It's a little bitty plane that's hard to hit after all...

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 02:03:13 PM »
We had a similar discussion awhile back while discussing tanks.  The M4 is a perk tank but doesn't have the hitting power of the panzer.  The reason given for the perk is the optics not its ability to get kills with an average tank driver.  The Sherman firefly is another perk tank rarely used.

The point of this is the ENY is based on its overall potential as compared to other planes not just its ability to just get kills best I can figure.

Note too, get a yak in the 10000 feet an up range and a P-38 as an example can handle and better a yak with all things being equal.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:08:16 PM by Randy1 »

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 02:58:22 PM »
We had a similar discussion awhile back while discussing tanks.  The M4 is a perk tank but doesn't have the hitting power of the panzer.  The reason given for the perk is the optics not its ability to get kills with an average tank driver.  The Sherman firefly is another perk tank rarely used.

The point of this is the ENY is based on its overall potential as compared to other planes not just its ability to just get kills best I can figure.

Note too, get a yak in the 10000 feet an up range and a P-38 as an example can handle and better a yak with all things being equal.
When the firefly came out it was hard to kill and there was an uproar.  I think they changed something somewhere along the way.  It isn't what it was when it first came out.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 03:35:12 PM »
the M4 was a very easy prey to all Antitank guns mid-1944.

Firefly was hard hitting but was best used in ambushes.
-Caldera

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 03:40:43 PM »
@ devil505 - hint hint FW190a8 white 20 ???  ;)

Which White 20?
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 05:57:00 PM »
was'nt it Lyric who had good pictures on the fw190a8 in the skin forum ?
found it !

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,363268.0.html
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:00:42 PM by save »
-Caldera

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 10:34:00 PM »
was'nt it Lyric who had good pictures on the fw190a8 in the skin forum ?
found it !
(Image removed from quote.)

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,363268.0.html
Oh that's sexy :aok
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle