Author Topic: Beta 9/10 Released: Issues/Bug Reporting  (Read 4255 times)

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
Re: Beta 9/10 Released: Issues/Bug Reporting
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2016, 03:47:43 PM »
Let's see...

Odd shadows in Tiger II..... not sure if present in other tanks, but off to the right and left side at times there's an odd shadow.

I've not been able to capture on film, but sometimes there is very bright flashes of light when the clouds start to get dark, but don't completely go grey.  Almost like it was lightning.  Very strange.  Anyway, see films for what I could capture
Uncle Fred

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2016, 03:48:55 PM »
Beta 10, GV oddness again.  Machine guns that sometimes have no sound..... still fire ok.
Uncle Fred

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2016, 03:49:49 PM »
Beta 10 again, this may be my imagination, but it sure seems like certain positions of turret forces different rates of tire.
Uncle Fred

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2016, 03:51:03 PM »
GV's can travel up side down.  you can't see very well, but this is what I was seeing in several beta versions.  GV's launch in trees, sometimes get turned upside down and they still are able to move around.  if you can pick your way through trees, can go a long way!  Short film clip.
Uncle Fred

Offline allcrapp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2016, 03:52:51 PM »
Myself, wimple and Yank getting same issue booted then relogged  booted again. did this six times in about ten minutes or so.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2016, 04:17:22 PM »
Sometimes it helps if you say which arena you were in and where on the map.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2016, 05:21:59 PM »
Few more things.

I reported this many patches ago, but now that people are having tank fights in AH3 it is having an effect.  Trees fade out and disappear at intermediate distances and then pop back into view if you get closer, or you zoom.  This causes people to complain that they can see their target tank but when they fire at it their shell air bursts on an invisible tree.  The distance trees fade out / disappear is right around a normal medium/long distance tank engagement range.

As mentioned the bridges in Tankland are killable (with a single HE).  If you destroy one you get a C##VOD### destroyed, it will be down for 30 minutes message.

In CraterMA Chilli asked me to test the tank pointing wrong direction problem with him.  At point blank range his tracks moved slowly backwards despite the engine being stopped.  The tank also wiggled a bit, this time in the pitch axis.  As he turned his turret the turret stayed fixed in relation to the tank hull, but the entire tank rotated or pitched, depending on where he pointed the main gun.  It did not appear to turn as many degrees as he said he was turning his turret.  Also, when he accidentally fired due to a glitchy joystick the shell direction didn't match the turret. V100 and he was in an M4.  I was in a T34/85 and he said my tank was wiggling as well.

The following is not necessarily a bug but a question about how Capture the Flag works. 

Case 1 I understand: I drive a tank to an enemy base and take out the auto ack.  Then I drive through or near the pennant and it attaches to my tank.  I then drive back to my base and exit and my side captures that enemy base.

Case 2 has me confused:  I see an enemy trying to run off with our base pennant.  I kill him and the pennant sticks in the ground where he died.  Now what do I do?  I tried driving out there to bring back the pennant but it just says the pennant is dropped and it then disappears.  Now my base doesn't have a pennant.  How do the enemy capture it (other than bring troops)?

Case 3:  I capture an enemy base using troops because it has no pennant.  As soon as the base is captured the pennant appears at the maproom.  However my M3 immediately grabs the pennant and then it disappears when I try to land.  Now the newly captured base has no pennant.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2016, 09:19:25 PM »
May have been a perfect storm sort of thing, but I was flying an Il2 in Crater MA just now, and within a minute after opposition captured the field I was over, as I dropped two bombs, I was CTD.

- oldman (wonder where the bombs hit?)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2016, 10:21:58 PM »
May have been a perfect storm sort of thing, but I was flying an Il2 in Crater MA just now, and within a minute after opposition captured the field I was over, as I dropped two bombs, I was CTD.

- oldman (wonder where the bombs hit?)

May have been my connect, I was booted off the MA this night as well.

- oldman

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2016, 12:03:22 AM »
I was in Tank Land. V base 22 and 23 have strange water.
I looks perfect one moment then the appearance changes for several seconds.
I am not sure how to describe it other than it is distorted.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2016, 01:20:35 AM »

[size=78%]Film viewer...wrong terrain and sky.[/size]

---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2016, 09:45:56 PM »
sun rays through ships and islands

CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2016, 10:21:23 PM »

Do you remember back in the alpha when we were first testing capture the flag, there was a bug when the pennant dropped it showed up miles away or on the other side of the map? Did you by any chance check for that?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2016, 01:11:31 AM »

Do you remember back in the alpha when we were first testing capture the flag, there was a bug when the pennant dropped it showed up miles away or on the other side of the map? Did you by any chance check for that?

I didn't check for that but I did see a pennant far away on the side of a mountain.  It seems unlikely someone dropped it there, but it's possible.

Offline TheFox

• Copper Member
      • http://www.fox-photography.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2016, 05:20:19 AM »
May have been reported already but can't seem to zoom in or out on the map?