Author Topic: This community is toxic...you ALL need to understand this  (Read 17820 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: This community is toxic...you ALL need to understand this
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 08:25:25 AM »
Fly the way you want and let them cry, whine, moan and insult.  Maintain YOUR dignity and you'll be fine.   :airplane:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 08:37:43 AM »
When you think about it... yup.. it is.

:rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline xTITANx

• Zinc Member
This community is toxic...you ALL need to understand this
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 09:04:05 AM »
It happens here, it happened in Air Warrior. It happens on the basketball court, it happens on the volleyball court when I play even today.

The best way to deal is to just keep winning and respond with a thumbs up or a smile or a positive comment. Then go back and win again. 

Picktard..... Hell yes, when I can.  Gang a guy as a squad, hell yes, it's not the DA.

I still monitor 200 after all these years because it makes me laugh to see the silliness that goes on between people.   To see the old guys go back and forth like they have for years, thick skinned and making fun of each other.   Or to salute Laser for again whooping my butt in whatever...

Lastly, it's a game. So what. 

XTITANX
Death from Above
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:05:37 AM by xTITANx »
xTITANx A.K.A.  DFATITAN
Death From Above (DFA)
"My relationship with AH has lasted longer than my last two wives".  On again, off again, but still here.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 09:38:09 AM »
De tune 200 and lower the expectations seems like the only answer, its when I expect more that getting less hurts the most, last night a simple request, two 190's alone between bases (expectations high for a good like bird fight) along comes a SPIT 5 of all things, I ask him to stay out, went downhill from there.  I logged

"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 09:52:19 AM »
Guys,

I just had the most unpleasant exchange in the MA.  I cannot believe this community is so insular / short sighted. 

l like to fly the P51.  I will turn with you.

Tonight I was abused for doing that.......I am nothing but a picktard....<sigh>  I turned with the 38 for maybe 3 turns.....got him and was then hammered by his support.

I was a picktard........MY GOD GUYS.

LOL  you know, as I write this and try to compose it properly I realise...I give up.  I really do.

YOU....the PLAYERS... are killing this game.  My Lord I am so angry right now but there is no real way to make you guys understand it.  I flew the F6F the other day, I got respect....lol.  same person...actually the same moves, just tighter....

BBS rules prevent me from naming players........YOU know who you are.  I suggest you alter your attitude to players.  It is really not helpful.  Build the game not destroy it.

You may THING your turning with your pony, but to the "turny types" you aren't even close  :D

You fly the pony like your suppose to, keep it fast, use high yoyo to maintain speed but "turn" back on your enemy and so on. This pisses people off because you do it well. Much like Rocky, Mark4 and a number of others you fly the plane to it's strengths and you stick to it. This makes you very hard to beat and so pisses people off.

On top of that you have a reputation. You flew and were "buddies" with one of the most hated players that ever played the game in Skyrr. That pisses people off. You yourself are vocal on 200, not as bad as Skyrr but you do come close at times.

Is this fair that people give you two strikes right off the bat? No, not really, but it is human nature these days. Its how the internet works with the whole no accountability thing. Heck this whole next generation is being brought up that way  :rolleyes:

Bottom line, is you don't want crap thrown at you, don't throw any crap. If your going to smack talk you can certainly expect to get some back. The arena is only as toxic as you can make it. Add more BS to 200 and it builds. I work hard at keeping my mouth shut.... and fail miserably some days, but I try. If you feel like your on the edge of popping off, detune 200 for a bit, or just squelch to guy that is pushing you towards that edge. I have a few that get squelched as soon as I see them in the text buffer. They don't even have to be talking to me, I just don't care what they have to say any more, they have proven themselves idiots and so are squelched just so I can enjoy the game.   

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 10:19:34 AM »
You have to have a bit of thick skin if you want to be competive in this game. I've been here for over 10 years and it has never changed. Whether it be on the MA or boards, the community is small and you come across the same people over and over again, unlike other online games.

For the most part, if you want to be liked, you have to admit you are an easy kill and that you don't take it seriously, and you just laugh your way to your death everytime. If you actually attempt to be good at this game, you can expect some flak by other players on the reg. In the past 10 years, I've sure became much better at smack talk and arguments. I'm not afraid to voice my opinions on 200 but I never include anyone's names in my comments. Most of the people who talk crap to me learn real quickly not to. Most of the time, I tell players who PM about cheating or whatever, that I've played for a long time and know how many of planes fly their absolute strength. Normally they change their tone and start asking questions on how to actually get better.
Most people are afraid to learn to get better.
Most people who talk crap really aren't that good and thus only have their ego to inflate themselves.
If you cannot learn to be tougher, or to manipulate an argument into something funny, or a learning experience, than you just need to work on your competive smack talk and people won't banter you as much.

You know what the #1 thing that limits people from getting better? They are too affraid to die over and over again in close quarter fights, really learning the strenghts of their planes agaisnt others, and instead BnZ with 2 kills after an an hour long sortie.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:27:03 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 10:25:22 AM »
When you've owned someone so hard they whine about it, that's like the highest praise you can get in this game (or any other online game for that matter). I love it when I get a whine out of my prey. Makes my day. Laughing at them makes it even sweeter.  :cheers:
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2016, 10:57:56 AM »
 :uhoh

:bolt:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Meh ... don't take it so seriously
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2016, 11:08:49 AM »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2016, 11:55:12 AM »
why doesnt anybody ever send me toxic pm's?  well except for bbaw but he's a knight too.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2016, 12:02:36 PM »
PM sent semp  :cheers: :devil
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2016, 12:36:58 PM »
Unfortunately yes it is.. I don't believe it is much different from days gone by..I just think the fall off of player base has left the filthy scum (Much like that of an evaporating water source) more prevalent....but brush that aside and you can still find some good clean stuff sometimes.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 12:38:36 PM by SPKmes »

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2016, 01:20:31 PM »
I find it ironic that a guy that talks a lot of smack on 200 can't seem to take it when it's dished back at him, Like others have said just detune 200 problem solved.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2016, 01:33:51 PM »
Flight Lieutenant Drumpf?

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2016, 01:37:02 PM »
Flight Lieutenant Drumpf?