Author Topic: This community is toxic...you ALL need to understand this  (Read 17822 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: This community is toxic...you ALL need to understand this
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2016, 01:51:48 PM »
Well so long as this game is half-way competitive there are gonna be people who want to be the best....there will be those that think they are the best by trying to convince the rest that they are...so long as there are people, actual physical people, who play this game...there will be people running their heads...Some people are more high strung than others....

This is a game...you should treat it as such...a game...

If you run your mouth...and get called out on it...its best not to run to the boards and cry about toxic environments...

CH.200 is awesome...there are some here that need to detune it so they don't get their feelings hurt...

Matter of fact ...I would like to be a fly on the wall around some of the people that play this game...I imagine some of them with their feet up in their computer chair with there arms around their knees rocking quickly back and forth saying "its only a game...its only a game"   :cry :cry  :ahand
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2016, 02:08:03 PM »
I consider 200 the salute channel and the comedy channel. unless im saying hi to someone on the other side, it laugh at most of whats on there. I never take it or anything in the game too seriously, and ive never been pm'ed about anything short of "lets attack base ##".

then again, I don't say to much, or type too much. I think no matter where you are, or what you do, if its computer based, someone will have something to say about it.

just ignore them or laugh at them. life is too short for anything else!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2016, 03:38:47 PM »
It was my intention to play a game with my friends here, so I made friends.

Nothing trumps being nice.  No amount of vitriolic vehemence from your aggressors lessens the value of being nice.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2016, 03:47:53 PM »

Peace 1 to lovechildren 2 ...
Drop heads when in range.
All opponents get a minimum
of three hugs.

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2016, 04:05:15 PM »
How about some Sarcastibomb?

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2016, 04:11:56 PM »

Roll in the tanks!
Operation 'Spread The Love'
commences now!
Don't let the negative waves hit you!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2016, 04:22:33 PM »
is the word, Colorado?   edit: it's not, that Peace Tanks Pic is making me strain my eyes looking at it, Arlo

Dang I used to be able to read those colored eye test charts

this thread has turned freaking hilarious btw, haha

TC
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 04:25:44 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2016, 04:24:07 PM »
One of the best things to do when someone is babbling on their caustic blah, blah, blah is to make no response.  After awhile, they run out of things to say and then they start tapping their microphone saying:  "Hello....Hello...can anyone hear me!".

THIS^^^^

Nothing worse than shadow boxing,you never beat the other guy and you just tire yourself out!

I tune 200 when in the MA,admittedly it's not often these days,but the only thing I do with it is to say hello to old friends on the other sides.

I wont respond to pm's or to 200 rants,it's easy for me to ignore these things.

The toxic nature actually made it not fun for me at a certain time and I all but quit flying the mains,the last few times I have it's seemed that there is less smack talk than before,just a few very vocal players in the crowd.

Something to think about,the ranters are usually in the tower when they go off,I dont hear dead people very well! :devil

:salute

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2016, 04:24:41 PM »
Oh .... and:

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2016, 05:20:24 PM »
I agree with much of what you said, except the bolded part.  The DA, and a duel requires a specific set of skills.  It's very possible to have a high degree of success in the MA, but stink in the DA.  This is just my opinion, others are free to think differently. 
That's a separate discussion for sure...IMO they translate over completely but I can see where some would disagree. :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2016, 06:10:52 PM »
So this thread went from whine to whining about whiners?  This is scary-dumb.

WARNING:  This thread scatters permanent dumbdust. 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2016, 07:12:04 PM »
So this thread went from whine to whining about whiners?  This is scary-dumb.

WARNING:  This thread scatters permanent dumbdust.

Well, now that you're here whining about the thread content it does. ;)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2016, 09:28:27 PM »
Put some feathers on these and you will have a good old fashioned Manila cock fight.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2016, 11:53:02 PM »
Just a bit personal Tiger? No matter.

Ive met Fess. He's a nice guy. But his AH "persona" maybe presents  that he is wound up too tight. It's the same all over. Most crew get a little "badder" behind a keyboard a joystick and a made up eight character name. Anonymity emboldens. There's not that many true  knobs pretending to be fighter plane heroes.

But to be noticed one has to cultivate badness. And now there  are too many "bad fish" in an ever shrinking pond. Puffing your chest in a computer game is as uncool as it gets. Add a developer spending time censoring normal conversation and all the ingredients for resentment are present. Sad.

Play nic6.

To be noticed by whom? We're here to play, not go on some sort of ego trip - that is what facebook is for.

He tried to label an entire community as toxic. I find AH an awesome community in general and very mature.

He does remind me of the Aussie cricket team. They are renouned for being bad sports, in particular 'sledging'. Recently they were given a taste of this back in a series against NZ. Well oh my was there some crying, and stomping of feet. Seems they couldn't take even a fraction of what they typically dish out.

If you're going to trash talk on 200 be prepared for some to come right back at you.

If you come on the BBS then trashtalk the entire community the same applies.

I don't understand this 'AH persona' business, if you have multiple personas online or offline you are either a wannabe actor or a nutcase. If you are either of these you'd be better off trying your luck in Hollywood. We're just here to play the game.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario