Author Topic: Beta 11 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 4009 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 11 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2016, 02:16:52 PM »
Another example of a (the?) reflection bug.  The inside of the B-17's cockpit is reflected on the #1 engine nacelle:

Honestly I hate to find things wrong - the beta is looking so good it's hard to even open AH2 anymore.   And getting better by the day.   

Other things I noticed:

- External sounds seem to drop off far to early.  Seems like the engine noise should be audible for quite a distance.

- The shadow gap bug is still there.  I know you've acknowledged it and haven't decided how to fix it.

- I ditched a P-51 into water, and watched in external view.  The plane contacts the water and sinks a few feet before I died.  But there is no disturbance in the water - seems like a big water splash, mist and some kind of a wake should form my skimming impact with the water (was wondering if this same effect could be used but colored brown when ditching on grass - like the grass is being ripped up during impact, leaving a "wake" of exposed dirt?)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2016, 02:34:33 PM »
Another example of a (the?) reflection bug.  The inside of the B-17's cockpit is reflected on the #1 engine nacelle:

Nothing can be done about this, it is the nature of cube maps.

Also don't worry about posting bugs/issues thats what this forum is for.

HiTech
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:54:41 PM by hitech »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2016, 02:53:54 PM »
CTD bug.  May be able to reproduce:  Two players of the same team attempt to move to the same task group / or gun.  The result was CTD every time afterwards that I even tried to join the task group, even before I got to tower or hangar.

data:

Exception Offset:   0018f416

Found and fixed, happens when ever some one is in a ground gun and you are in range to see theim.

HiTEch

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2016, 03:54:32 PM »
Was working with clouds just now to find a good speed to deal with the shadow stutter and ran into this. Only this single v,a,w,d front of clouds responded in this manner.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2016, 03:59:00 PM »
I know that bug. You're flying in the 1960's.

:bolt:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2016, 04:02:52 PM »
Delta Mission, B17 will not warp with the formation at last SP.  Or, I missed the bus.  :headscratch:  Framerates really dropped in bomber formation to low 30s.

Easyscor, found some old Peter Max posters and his black light I see.  :)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2016, 04:21:14 PM »
In CraterMA started up a 109K4, noticed engine startup smoke in the cockpit by the rudder pedals. Still no engine sound in F3 mode, but it did start later on. Not sure what triggered it.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2016, 04:21:46 PM »
I know that bug. You're flying in the 1960's.

:bolt:

What was that gaseous energy space monster in the original 1960's Star Trek that looked like this and Spock's copper based blood made him unpalatable to it? I was thinking for a moment this was an AH3 Easter egg Waffle had slipped into the game. Like those mother ships that launched the claws some years back.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2016, 04:39:12 PM »
Was working with clouds just now to find a good speed to deal with the shadow stutter and ran into this. Only this single v,a,w,d front of clouds responded in this manner.

Did you alt tab out, or quit and reenter?

HiTech

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2016, 05:12:24 PM »
I only hear enemy gv's when they are really close.....approx 1000 K or so.
In AH we can hear enemy gv's at 3k. Can the sound distance be increased for AH3 or is there a setting I
overlooked?

This is just my observation. Maybe others hear gv's at greater distances.

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2016, 06:10:51 PM »
I only hear enemy gv's when they are really close.....approx 1000 K or so.
In AH we can hear enemy gv's at 3k. Can the sound distance be increased for AH3 or is there a setting I
overlooked?

This is just my observation. Maybe others hear gv's at greater distances.

:salute

Dan just started adjusting all the 3d distances today.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2016, 06:50:22 PM »
Did you alt tab out, or quit and reenter?

HiTech

No, I was flying around testing FPS related to the clouds and looking at shadows while the clouds had been set at 6mph. It was cloud selection (2) at 12,500ft set to , ooopsies, just looking at it as I'm typing. Transparency = 200.00 not 0.200 like I changed all the other clouds to. I guess I get today's shiney metal Dork award.

At lest you know what 200 will do in the game now.

Sorry sir, I dorked.......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2016, 07:21:14 PM »
Checked all the single engine aircraft in the MA for smoke in the cockpit when starting the engine:

ME109 E4, F4, G14, G6, & K4
F4F
F4U-1
F6F
FM2
FW190 a-5, A-8, F-8
Hurricane MK I, MKII, MKIID
I16
KI-43
KI-61
LA5FN
LA7
N1K2
P-40C, E, F, & N
Sea Hurricane MKI
Tempest
Typhoon
Yak 3, & 7B
B5N2
D3A1
SBD-5
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2016, 09:46:51 PM »
The one other person with that error updated his video drivers and it completely fixed him. The error is creating the terrain shadow texture.
 HiTech

Yep, that fixed the error messages and didn't impact the frame rates if I matched the graphics settings to the previous settings. Things like post lighting and shadows off. The problem now is I see what I'm missing with this old video card! A video card upgrade is definitely in my future. LOL

Fixed the Error messages for this Radon HD 6850 with driver:
amd-catalyst-15.7.1-with-dotnet45-win7-64bit.exe

I was too chicken to try their beta driver for their new interface.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2016, 02:33:03 AM »
There are a couple more files that need to be applied at the host end for the CraterMA terrain, craterma.pln that sets the fields' allowable rides and craterma.fla that sets the uncapturable fields. The latter now includes flak bases so is different to the original setup.

There is a fields setup bug in the TE, when I choose "standard" the TE allows all rides to be accessed at flak bases. I have just manually altered this arrangement on CraterMA so that only field guns and the Fi 156 are available at these bases.