Author Topic: Beta Graphic Card setting Any Tips?  (Read 469 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Beta Graphic Card setting Any Tips?
« on: March 18, 2016, 07:32:18 AM »
There is a few sources to guide video settings for AH2.  These have things like making sure you use "Application" settings.

Are there any tips for setting for Beta?

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta Graphic Card setting Any Tips?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 10:52:22 AM »
This is a good question, especially for one reason.  The game has its own antialias application built in.  This is what smoothes angular lines and curves.  I experiment here and there with "enhance application settings".

For beta testing I would definitely leave every option "application controlled", and if no application controlled, make your own decisions on things like performance vs. quality.  Sometimes vsync has to be turned off in order to get that option in game (note: vsync should not be turned off for anything other than testing framerates).

Skuzzy and others have given good advice about using native screen resolutions, however I do tend to experiment with things like dynamic scaling, when I feel that I have a few fps to spare. 

I will suggest that you make sure that you keep a record of what gpu settings you have changed, so resetting values does not become so much of a bother if something does not suit your purpose.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 11:04:23 AM »
Hi Randy1,

For the most part, the same tips that are listed to use for AHII (w\ a few exceptions) go for the Beta as well.

Recommend to use the default driver setup for your vid card (the driver settings that are present when you 1st load the drivers on your computer w\o any changes made from the user), check in Beta Video Settings for res, V-synch, textures, font size and FOV settings, then in-game check in Graphics Detail the object detail, object distance, tree detail and gamma slider settings and the EM update settings.

These are the user adjustable settings in the Beta which pretty much mirror AHII w\ an addition\subtraction here or there.

The rest of the Beta graphics enhancements are not user adjustable as they are checkboxes that either enable\disable a graphics feature according to user wants\needs\desires, again this mirrors AHII but w\ several additional features added.

This is a quick rundown to help get you going.

Hope this helps you out.

:salute

PS--Also what Chilli said..................

:D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 11:07:15 AM by Pudgie »
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 03:41:32 PM »
I've been experimenting between FoV 100 and 106.

106 gives you a wider peripheral and better eye candy. You have to use zoom more frequently to see much of the con in front of you until about 300 yards and to judge it's "angle off" from your line of travel. 100 allows you to better see the "angle off" without going to zoom as often but, a smidgen flatter color sense of the terrain and other eye candy.

I tested 80, 100, 106, and 120 for the diameter on a 24inch monitor of a 100Mil diameter reticle. In a real cockpit, a 100Mil dia. reticle would be just about 2 inches at 18 inches from your face.

80 FoV - 1.25 inch dia.
100 FoV - 1.00 inch dia.
106 FoV - 0.75 inch dia.
120 FoV - 0.625 inch dia.

You can imagine what higher than 120 will start doing to your gunsight reticle even if you are using larger than a 24inch monitor. And why many use only a large dot so they can either see through the clutter of the reflector plate combined with a historic reticle made thick enough to see. Or see something if the reticle rings and lines are created to scale for a 2inch 100Mil ring at 18inches real world size.

When I was using 110-120 for the incredible SA view around me with TR, I was using zoom for shots at cons so I could see them. The players who complained the most about my gunsights cluttering up their view were using very high value FoV. At which point understanding Mils related to lead was useless visually, and I just told them to use a dot and get close enough to smell what the other player had for lunch. The higher you make your FoV number, the smaller you make your aiming portal, which magnifies what you perceive as small movements into wide misses.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.