Author Topic: Beta 13 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 4238 times)

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
Re: Beta 13 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 10:59:06 PM »
I had the skin viewer  open when I started to update. It appeared to update normally, however when I launched the game it crashed twice.

I then manually downloaded the patch and updated, i got the following error

unable to patch to \ahskview.exe and \htdlg.res.

I closed the skinviewer and tried again.. same result.

I restarted my pc and tried again to patch.. the same messages received.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 04:27:29 AM »
I can't move panzer.
57114,2392,192514,0.0,-1.4,163.8
craterma
FOV = 73.5

and error message when graphic detail chenged.
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 08:07:07 AM »
POSSIBLE TERRAIN EDITOR BUG (Placing Task Groups)

I have been working on converting Special Events Terrains to AH3 Terrains. With Beta 13 I think I have run across a bug with placing Task Groups. I had an issue with a fleet on a terrain so deleted it and went to place a brand new Task Group and it ended up placing a maproom near the area I selected and the ships of the Task Group off map. So I created a new terrain from scratch and tested placing at Task Group and the same thing happened.

Here are the steps on screen shots of what I did with the results.

• Selected a point 7 water squares away from the port I wanted to attach the Task Group to. Made sure "Snap" was checked and clicked in the middle of the square. (screen 1)
  • Added the CVT shape which created a MPR object and 6 SHP objects. (screen 2)
  • Zoomed in on the area I placed since I notice it looked like only 1 object was placed. (screen 3)
  • Selected that object and discovered it was just the MPR object. (screen 4)
  • Searched for the SHP object and found that it and the other SHP objects had been placed off map (screen 5A and 5B)
  • Changed the CV property to attach it to Port 1. Icon for Task Group showed up on map but no positions changed. (screen 6)

I redid the test and made sure that I had 3 ports and 7 bases before I placed task groups so that the first new base would be 11 (Task Group would be 11). Since in AH2 we did have wonky issues at one point with Task Groups that had a number less than 10. Same results happened thought.

So this is occuring on Terrains I created and on new terrains unless I overlooked something new in AH3 that was introduced in placing Task Groups (I haven't placed a new Task Group until last night since I have been busy converting existing terrains).

My hunch on what is going on is that in AH2 when you created at Task Group it just created the SHP objects and you had to then go create a MPR object manually in addition to these and place it on the map (usually near the edge of the map was best practice). Then associate that MPR object to the Task Group. So since MPR object is now created WITH the Task Group ship objects when you place the CVT I figured you are trying to automated the process (removed the additional manual step of creating a MPR for the Task Group). Then you probably have code that is supposed to take the MPR object and locate it off map but probably the code is doing the reverse and leaving the MPR in place and moving the SHP objects off map.

[HiTech Deleted images because was long an no longer needed]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 12:22:18 PM by hitech »
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 12:08:39 PM »
The game is looking very impressive but I have noticed a few things that may be bugs or something overlooked.

As you get closer to objects they pop into better detail, this pop up would be less distracting and unsightly if it was to fade in and out.

Also the terrain and ground guns mash together and look like a small screen tear, I tried to get a screen shot of the sorting issue, but in every one the guns are absent, I also had the same thing happen with distant trees, but the screen shots taken struggle to show the issue.

When in the clouds I was getting another tearing of an object going across my screen, as well as the clouds jumping and jiggling. The tear can be seen in the screen shot as a line going from the centre to the right in the top half of the screenshot.

Finally, the night time popped in instantly and didn't fade in as the sun set.

(The screenshots I did take will not attach due to file size limit set by the BBS.)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2016, 01:07:47 PM »
I noticed the screen flickering when clouds are present this morning.

The clouds and the cloud shadows were the only part of the scenes that were flickering.

All else was cherry.

Was in CraterMA arena.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2016, 01:12:22 PM »
Manned gun positions at port.

If you have Shift_H mapped to your mouse to mouse pan view while in F3 mode. If your point of focus is over water near any of the manned guns, you can lower your point of focus under the water and under the gun position. This does not work from PT boats, the water acts like land and stops your view rotation at it's surface.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2016, 01:47:36 PM »
Convergence lines difficult to see.  White just blends into the concrete.   

No plane weights displayed in hangar.  Is this a bug?

Random flickering of towns and gun emplacements.

The plane engines still sound louder when looking back than forward and up view is louder still - and choppy.

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2016, 01:51:47 PM »
Okay talking with MrMidi now who doesn't experience the TG problem I am and comparing systems. He did a full install of Patch 13 and I did just the patch. I only had this in my ah3terr/groups folder:

- CVT.obg

MrMidi just did the full install of AH3 Path 13 and in that folder he didn't have CVT.og but had:

- barges.obj
- convoy.obj
- cvtg0.obj
- train1.obj

So I am going to uninstall AH3 and then do a full installation of it to see what I end up (to see if the groups was corrupted on just my machine, or via the patch, etc.).

CM Terrain Team

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2016, 02:27:17 PM »
V148 h spawn was ending up in TT. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2016, 02:33:59 PM »
Okay a new clean full install of AH3 Beta has the correct obj files in the groups directoy. So not sure what happened that I got just a CVT.obj and nothing else. But I have barges.obj, convoys.obj, anc cvtg0.obj, and train.obj again and don't have CVT.obj with the clean full install.

Ignore my bug post now.
CM Terrain Team

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2016, 02:41:08 PM »
Update 11 to 12 and 12 to 13 no issues.

CraterMA, took a 109-G6. During engine start the exhaust smoke also flashed inside the cabin, in the pedal compartment. Tested the rest 109's with the same result. A quick glimpse through some other fighters revealed that this issue is present in planes where the pedals are behind and under the gauge panel like 109's, FW's, Hurricanes etc.

Also the mouse cursor still seems jittery and somewhat hard to target spot on. Is that because of low frame rate (around 20)?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2016, 03:53:18 PM »
CraterMA

Flew Spit 16 chasing 2 groups of B29s over own field.
At about 2k range "wrap" occured on both targets, then drones seemed to teleport from one group to the other depending on which one I was close to. Basically B29 i was closest to would have 4 drones, extra ones virtually on top of the normal ones. Shooting seemed to inflict damage on extra ones as well - so with meager Spitfire cannon load I managed to down 4 B29.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2016, 08:25:52 PM »
Fix the dialog box message window font size selection.

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2016, 08:32:48 PM »
1 Spawn and I can't move in M3.

craterma
FOV = 73.5

2 Engine sound... I move throttle up and down, Engine sound volume Up and down but not change frequency (sound pitch) up and down.
3 Night combat is very easy.

4 Does every bomber has icon when single player Bomber formation?
Who Dares Wins
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2016, 08:34:43 PM »
No text on achievement pages.