Author Topic: Resting/Default view position angled down about 15 degrees when not zoomed in  (Read 401 times)

Offline selrod0324

• Zinc Member
In numerous planes that I tried, when not in "zoomed in" mode, the view position is pointed about 15 degrees downwards instead of looking straight threw the site. I have had this happen on two different machines. Will provide screenshots later tonight.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Trun off TR, then hit the "HOME" key. It will set you back to the AH2 default pilot view.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
I am not sure of the angle, or if you are using Track IR???  There is an intentional head tilt added to the default forward head position.  This was due to the complaints of alpha testers at default FOV, not able to see instrument panel while in flight. 

As Bustr stated, hitting the home key will give you the flat (no tilt) line of sight.  If you have no problem with finding gauges, etc... (as when you have extended FOV greater than default 80) then you can save that head position for that aircraft with the F10 save head position key. 

You may want to experiment with each type of vehicle individually before saving, as I can see arguments for both ways.  You can even set a custom head tilt (greater or lesser) that is new with this version.  :aok :aok

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
In numerous planes that I tried, when not in "zoomed in" mode, the view position is pointed about 15 degrees downwards instead of looking straight threw the site. I have had this happen on two different machines. Will provide screenshots later tonight.

That is the new default view. It's so you can see the instruments with the new 80 degree field of view.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Please make a view mode like ah2, without the downward tilt.

It could be a box to check called "AH2 Mode."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 09:13:21 PM by BuckShot »
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page

You know you can change the default view, for any plane/vehicle, to anything you like.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member

Wish granted..... well sort of.... it is called the "home" key.  What you need to understand is detailed below:

I am not sure of the angle, or if you are using Track IR???  There is an intentional head tilt added to the default forward head position.  This was due to the complaints of alpha testers at default FOV, not able to see instrument panel while in flight.

As Bustr stated, hitting the home key will give you the flat (no tilt) line of sight.  If you have no problem with finding gauges, etc... (as when you have extended FOV greater than default 80) then you can save that head position for that aircraft with the F10 save head position key. 

You may want to experiment with each type of vehicle individually before saving, as I can see arguments for both ways.  You can even set a custom head tilt (greater or lesser) that is new with this version.  :aok :aok

Furthermore, I suggest you checkout the views from the cockpit of Corsairs.  The length of the cowl and large radial engine, combined with the steep angle of nose during takeoff / landings, made for more difficult carrier operations than other "sea" planes.  With the head tilt, now I am able to better peek over that monstrous nose and see the deck, and even better when I move my cartoon pilot's  :airplane: head to the side. 

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:40:42 PM by BuckShot »
Game handle: HellBuck