Author Topic: "Oh no, he di' int!"  (Read 4260 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: "Oh no, he di' int!"
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2016, 05:25:47 PM »
It's amazing how many light source/Photoshop experts we have in this community. We are practically inundated with expertise.  :D

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 07:04:24 PM »
Except if Excalibur actually had flown the line that the image indicates that twin engine aircraft would be in pieces, the P-51 a smoking hole, and the men in the cart scorched to a crisp. AND even though the video shows a low flying aircraft it certainly does not prove the image to be real.

Photoshop.

EDIT: not the first time it's been debated

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1282606

Also, if Krusty were so kind as to look near the prop area while zooming in you can make out very linear areas where the eraser tool has betrayed the image as a hoax. In fact, all the way round the airplane you can find traces like that, and no I'm not talking about the compression artifacts.

Finally, what I find really suspicious is the fact that the 'artist' has stripped out the camera data from the metadata. If the photographer were really proud of the image they would not only include that information, but also add their own copyright information.

Photoshop.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:27:35 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 08:17:59 PM »
Come on people! It's a photo visual optical illusion. The piece of tarmac he is flying directly over is not in the picture. He's at least 12-15 ft above the tarmac and well in front of the other aircraft and the golf cart. Can't you people see that the Pony is much closer to the camera than that red twin? How big do you think a P-51 is lol. It's a telephoto stacking.

The photograph is 100% authentic and can be seen at Sierra Hotel Aeronautic's Facebook page which has people commenting who were there at the time.

He does a similar low pass in this video:

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 06:31:52 AM »
IF that is real that guy will most likely not be allowed fly for some time at least.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 01:10:50 PM »
 :rolleyes: He does it all the time, in just about every airshow he's in.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 07:16:12 AM »

Finally, what I find really suspicious is the fact that the 'artist' has stripped out the camera data from the metadata. If the photographer were really proud of the image they would not only include that information, but also add their own copyright information.

Not true.  The images I post online are stripped of data because of the way I save them from Photoshop. It's not intentional, I would prefer the info be there so folks can access it but it isn't.  Nothing fishy about it.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2016, 05:48:56 PM »
It does look like the P51 passed in front of the Twin.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2016, 06:14:27 PM »
Not true.  The images I post online are stripped of data because of the way I save them from Photoshop. It's not intentional, I would prefer the info be there so folks can access it but it isn't.  Nothing fishy about it.

Yeah, because you specified that the data be stripped out. Photoshop doesn't do that by default.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2016, 08:55:55 PM »
Yeah, because you specified that the data be stripped out. Photoshop doesn't do that by default.

If you do a "save for web or devices" from a RAW image it does in fact strip the data.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2016, 10:31:43 PM »
Dale Snodgrass.  :aok 

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 11:56:17 AM »
He flies everything as if it's in AH.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2016, 08:38:34 AM »

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 02:17:57 PM »
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 10:27:34 AM »
Interesting discussion. I don’t know if the picture is real or fake,  I was fortunate in my aviation carrier to have flown for a war bird company that at one time existed at KBLM.   We flew in WWII aircraft such as B25, P40, F4U , T6 and two P51D’s.  This company only allowed the aircraft to be put on static display  and we would ferry them in to the different airshows up and down the east coast .  The guys that put on the flying displays, followed and were watched by FAA Flight Standards Department representatives that are present at every airshow.  They don’t allow anyone to make  low passes over anything other than the runway.  These guys make a pretty good living and I can’t image anyone putting their ticket at risk .  So I’m inclined to think it’s a hoax.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2016, 04:50:53 PM »
I saw a P-51 at the annual Fort Knox 4th of July celebration make a 400mph pass (after pulling out of a dive) over the top of a bunch of reenactors.  He was definitely lower than 100 feet.  This was probably ~2000.
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.