Author Topic: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 12024 times)

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2016, 04:53:29 AM »
I was being shot at by a M3 pintle gun, I was driving round it in circles but the pintle gun did not move but I was being shot by it..
I think the fire effects could have been moving but not the gun itself..

<S>
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2016, 06:41:32 AM »
I can't believe that I am the only one getting motion sickness from the AH3 Beta.
. . .

Qbert it is most likely the FOV setting in the video setting.  Set the FOV to manual and use the same number you use in AH2.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2016, 07:01:49 AM »
I love the terrain slider. No more snakey mountains!   :x
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2016, 10:04:42 AM »
I love the terrain slider. No more snakey mountains!   :x

I second that!  And it has virtually no adverse effect on frame rate, even on my slow system.  :)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2016, 10:05:01 AM »
Speaking for FOV. The only thing really bugging me is not being able to level your head and still sit further back in the seat. When you are sitting further back, the head feels as though it is tilted down. I can toggle zoom, which allows my head to be closer and more level to the gunsights,  but I cannot zoom forward and backward from that toggle view without going back to the look down view.

I also noticed that when you look forward right, the engine sounds go away, it doesn't do this for any other view.

All in all the flight models aren't too different. After getting use to it a bit, you will start to get your AH2 feeling back. I think most people still need to fly agaisnt different planes and with different planes to really make an accurate statement. After flying for a bit, I feel like the models aren't too different, but the planes do react a little more quickly (F4U and P51 seem to have a better roll rate). Maybe that's just in my head. I still need to fly more planes.

I really like the damage model from shooting at a planes perspective. However, the internal sounds are a bit hard to distinguish what has been shot off. I realise that maybe y'all still have some internal sound issues to work out. I think it would be cool to have different sounds for different parts falling off.

I noticed some shadows in the planes look weird. It almost looks like some shadows are pointing at you or away, hard to explain. A lot of people had issues with the shadows.

Snakeiis realised that the CVs weren't moving. Don't know if that was on purpose, but he couldn't roll from the CV as it was stationary.

I'm curious if there is a way to change the water texture. It is very hard to judge the depth perception until you are right over it. It looks really nice, but I can sense a lot of augers in the future by people who thought the water was still another couple hundred feet lower.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 10:06:36 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2016, 10:24:32 AM »
where has anyone said there have been any changes to the flight model??   Feels exactly the same to me just not having the sounds I'm used to makes it feel weird, hoping someone does a soundpack fast.     :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2016, 10:26:54 AM »
During sunrise the sky to the west had very abrupt ending of the high cloud layer, it was a very straight line where clouds stopped, not quite as visible off to the east due to the different light conditions.  Also the mountains to the west due to being still dark, but shifting into light seemed to flicker and morph in and out of existence, kind of like a klingon ship decloaking.

The autopilot/beacon panel in the K4 (behind the joystick) the label/display areas flicker in and out, the actual lights seem to be stable and don't flicker.

Change the text display color of Callsigns on the clipboard to country/wingman/squad color.  Currently text is white, and very hard to read, especially if icon is over a mountain or other light colored terrain.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2016, 11:23:29 AM »
Turns out that the problem I was having with the icons was solved by turning off Anti-Aliasing.  By selecting Disable Post Lighting, the icons as just as readable as AH2 (and the cockpit graphics are just as sharp).

:D :D :D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:28:34 AM by popeye »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2016, 12:08:17 PM »
Saw a cruiser and a CV go down, neither did the tail up in the air boat sink (not sure if it's supposed to be same here as AH2...) but basically both ships just disappeared.  The flame from the CV's tower remained in the ocean as a phantom sailing across the ocean.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:11:19 PM by wil3ur »
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2016, 12:27:04 PM »
A6M2 and A6M5 has no smoke from engines when started up. A6M3, looks like the sides of the plane becomes transparent when engine is started  as the smoke can be seen through the sides of the plane.

Also, icons are too close the planes.

Offline qbert55ca

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2016, 12:48:14 PM »
I have worked with both squadmates and the AH team have made suggestions all to no avail. FOV has been changed to 107, turned off all but the necessary graphics, getting good frame rates but still it's still there. Like I said, its in the screen as I sit on the orderly room choosing what plane I'm going to fly so it has to do with the very graphics engine it's self not just movement although it's much worse with movement.

I had read most of those links, thank you anyways.

qbert, have you eliminated the factors of your surrounding environment mentioned in the article you linked to, and those they're only referring to without exactly telling what they are?

One thing that was repeatedly mentioned was adjusting FOV. Note that AH3 has a tighter FOV than AH2. It could be just that. Very easy to change.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2016, 01:05:49 PM »
I have worked with both squadmates and the AH team have made suggestions all to no avail. FOV has been changed to 107, turned off all but the necessary graphics, getting good frame rates but still it's still there. Like I said, its in the screen as I sit on the orderly room choosing what plane I'm going to fly so it has to do with the very graphics engine it's self not just movement although it's much worse with movement.

I had read most of those links, thank you anyways.
Are you simply saying that the field of view in the hangar is different? If so yes it is different.

HiTech

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2016, 03:25:24 PM »
I was able to set the view using F8 to lift the head. I had forgot about that view control. Still think that should be default when the FOV is changed, instead of it looking down.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline kavo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2016, 06:33:53 PM »
I tried the beta tester and thought I`d check the storch in the crater area. it spawns in a courtyard that it can`t get out of on Vbase. just thought I`d let you guys know

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2016, 07:26:16 PM »
Speaking for FOV. The only thing really bugging me is not being able to level your head and still sit further back in the seat. When you are sitting further back, the head feels as though it is tilted down. I can toggle zoom, which allows my head to be closer and more level to the gunsights,  but I cannot zoom forward and backward from that toggle view without going back to the look down view.

I also noticed that when you look forward right, the engine sounds go away, it doesn't do this for any other view.

All in all the flight models aren't too different. After getting use to it a bit, you will start to get your AH2 feeling back. I think most people still need to fly agaisnt different planes and with different planes to really make an accurate statement. After flying for a bit, I feel like the models aren't too different, but the planes do react a little more quickly (F4U and P51 seem to have a better roll rate). Maybe that's just in my head. I still need to fly more planes.

I really like the damage model from shooting at a planes perspective. However, the internal sounds are a bit hard to distinguish what has been shot off. I realise that maybe y'all still have some internal sound issues to work out. I think it would be cool to have different sounds for different parts falling off.

I noticed some shadows in the planes look weird. It almost looks like some shadows are pointing at you or away, hard to explain. A lot of people had issues with the shadows.

Snakeiis realised that the CVs weren't moving. Don't know if that was on purpose, but he couldn't roll from the CV as it was stationary.

I'm curious if there is a way to change the water texture. It is very hard to judge the depth perception until you are right over it. It looks really nice, but I can sense a lot of augers in the future by people who thought the water was still another couple hundred feet lower.

Hit home key and then f10 in every plane
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde