Author Topic: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 12034 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2016, 09:19:55 PM »
Greebo terrain....

Front 5" gun on cv ...... go to sea mode and the view/look turns 90 left off of barrels.

Night time..... the ocean and land was very bright

21:15 central
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2016, 10:48:18 PM »
Waffle,

I would get your money back from your road contractor letting his crew lay asphalt on a hump like this.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2016, 11:48:23 PM »
Ok I usually fly F4U's. When I upped the -1a and I look left forward view(number key 7) I cant hear sounds in my left ears but its in the right ears. When I look right forward(number key 9) I can hear sounds in the left ears but not in the right ears. I'm not sure about the other F4U models because I recently downloaded the Beta and I have been flying around in the F4U-1A. I don't know if it will apply to other planes. Also I still see a bit terrain flickering when I'm about 6k or couple Thousand feet after the trees disappear. Also the water color needs fixing. I have to say the terrains are packed with trees. I wonder how GV guys will do. All i'm saying Beta still needs work. I'm satisfied with the engine sounds tho...great job on that...Also can you put the sound option like how it is in AH2? I also noticed that when I set FOV to 106(which is what AH2 has) the gunsight in AH3 seems a lot bigger than what it is in AH2. It would be nice to have the same size in AH3 as it is in AH2....If I notice anything else ill post it. <S>
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2016, 06:15:38 AM »
-Bomber drones have trouble taking off, especially the last drone, it ends up dragging along the ground for quite som time before it starts to climb and joins the formation.

-Tu-2 Drones still have no gun sight in their ventral gun.

-External engine sound for bombers still messed up, disappears when flying straight.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2016, 07:51:47 AM »
Well Patch 15 I know was weightedmore toward land than sea when there were vertices of both in a square in the terrain editor. I thought this was only for a conversion.

I just loaded up blksea that I have been working on which already had been converted. It seems to have affect that also since in several areas my coastlines now longer have splining and the land created is gone. Other areas I have new spikes of land where they weren't there before. I also have spikes of land coming out of water that weren't there before. So now I have to review all the coastlines again.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2016, 11:41:05 AM »
A lot of rides in AH III have areas of shadow that do not join up, usually at the join of the wing or tail to the fuselage or nacelle. The RH screenshot of a P47D-25 shows the issue in AH III, something that does not occur in the AH II screenshot. It seems like the shadow on the wing is being drawn from below the widest part of the fuselage rather than the narrower cross section where the fuselage joins the wing.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2016, 12:07:45 PM »
Well Patch 15 I know was weightedmore toward land than sea when there were vertices of both in a square in the terrain editor. I thought this was only for a conversion.

I just loaded up blksea that I have been working on which already had been converted. It seems to have affect that also since in several areas my coastlines now longer have splining and the land created is gone. Other areas I have new spikes of land where they weren't there before. I also have spikes of land coming out of water that weren't there before. So now I have to review all the coastlines again.

I noticed that when I moved the newly added detail slider, I was getting the effects that you are describing here with coastlines.  Once that I pushed the slider to high detail they went back to what I would think is normal.

Did you try this?

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2016, 01:34:46 PM »
Also sometimes when you enable a graphics option it take no effect and then sometimes when you try and disable a graphic option the same thing applies.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2016, 02:50:41 PM »
Also sometimes when you enable a graphics option it take no effect and then sometimes when you try and disable a graphic option the same thing applies.

Make sure that you click okay before leaving the graphic detail menu.  Have missed that step numerous times.  Now if you are talking about the environment map slider, better check to see if you are running the latest update (version 15 as of right now).  There was a bug with EM in patch 14, that also affected the framerates when the slider was stuck in anything other than none.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2016, 03:10:33 PM »
TBM ventral gun. When you those white rays source source from the bottom of the rudder.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2016, 03:17:44 PM »

This must be in-game, right? I was afraid you meant the TE too.
Check it out in your TE, the terrain detail slider doesn't affect that thank goodness. Or go in-game and move the Terrain Detail Slider to max, you'll love it.

I find that if I use the lowest Terrain Detail Slider value, I'm glad I'm not susceptible to motion sickness. Otherwise,  I notice I might have that nausea one of the posters was complaining about. Particularly in CMEye over mountains.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2016, 03:58:03 PM »
No this was in the TE.

I was working on blksea last night, patch 14. This morning I updated to patch 15 then open the TE and loaded up blksea and several areas my beach splining was lost and had I a couple of alt single vertice spikes that weren't there before near water edges. So not sure what happened except that HTC said:

Action: Change the terrain import to lean more towards land than water when a vertex is on both land and water.
Action: Water above 100 feet will now be converted to land in the terrain editor conversion.

So wondering if the code somehow ignored my hand beach splining in areas of extreme elevation difference between water and land and caused this. Most places were fine but near cliff area is where the issues showed up. Took me about 2 hours to fix things.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 04:14:08 PM by ghostdancer »
CM Terrain Team

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2016, 04:22:09 PM »
was doing some testing in bombers (B17, B24) using auto take off the drones do not climb with the main plane unless you go level then they will climb and join, if you leave the main plane in auto take off the drones will destroy them self, tried this at all air field types drones will stay low top the ground.

49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2016, 04:32:11 PM »
No this was in the TE.

I was working on blksea last night, patch 14. This morning I updated to patch 15 then open the TE and loaded up blksea and several areas my beach splining was lost and had I a couple of alt single vertice spikes that weren't there before near water edges. So not sure what happened except that HTC said:

So wondering if the code somehow ignored my hand beach splining in areas of extreme elevation difference between water and land and caused this. Most places were fine but near cliff area is where the issues showed up. Took me about 2 hours to fix things.

The change only effected the convert function.

HiTech

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2016, 05:06:52 PM »
Well HiTech I definitely lost splining and had peak vertices reintroduced and I didn't import a height.raw file.

The only difference between last night and this morning was going from Patch 14 to Patch 15.
CM Terrain Team