Author Topic: WTB Lefty CH Fighterstick (USB) - Homeboy conversion or equivalent  (Read 1680 times)

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
WTB Lefty CH Fighterstick (USB) - Homeboy conversion or equivalent
« on: September 12, 2016, 10:10:06 PM »
I'm looking to buy either an already Homeboy-converted Lefty CH Fighterstick USB or to commission a conversion of my own CH Fighterstick USB.  Message me or post here and message me please!

If you know anyone currently doing equivalent conversions then I'd be interested in hearing about it too.

Thanks!
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: WTB Lefty CH Fighterstick (USB) - Homeboy conversion or equivalent
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 01:03:30 PM »
I could only find a few pictures of Homeboy's lefty Fighterstick. The section on his website says out of business. What other changes did he do besides the obvious reversal of the thumb hat switch tower?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 11:02:45 PM »
I thought he mirror-imaged the thing in general.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 01:35:11 PM »
Thank you Bizman.

It's many many hours of precise work. The trouble is putting a value on those hours (plus I live in Europe, postage an additional expense). How much demand is there for left-handed CH sticks?

Who is the joystick for, I note you said you were right handed?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 02:42:52 PM »
When I still used to work at CH, we'd do custom left handed joysticks for customers.  Try contacting CH and see if this is still offered.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 04:35:42 PM »
Note unless they have changed it, the thrustmaster T16000 has grip change out to make it a lefty stick.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 06:50:04 PM »
This is for a hands on stick and stick (HOSAS) setup for Star Citizen (for me). Good concise video explanation of why you'd want a HOSAS setup in a space game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyChH2tK6AM

On my left hand I strafe left and right and forward and back.  But using my T.16000M I find it difficult to put the joystick on purely forwards strafe without any sideslop.  A fault-turned-feature of the CH Fighterstick is that it has a detent all along the center of both axis, which will allow me to strafe forward without drifting left or right, or sideways without drifting forward or back, because I'll know by feel if I'm in the detent or not.

The CH Fighterstick also has the best hats and buttons that I don't have to remove my hand from the stick to press (buttons on the base of the joystick are essentially worthless imo).  If I had a CH Fighterstick on the left hand, I could reasonably go with a stick with a great gimbal but few or toejamty buttons on the right hand, like a VKB Gladiator.  I can make up for the CH Fighterstick's 2-axis nature by using rudder pedals for the missing axis.

HOSAS is a highly popular setup, with the T.16000M being very popular for its great sensors, ambidexterity, and very inexpensive price.  But the buttons are too few with just one hat and 3 buttons and 1 trigger, and the centering force is too strong for a space game.  I'm searching for a better way.
Boildown

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 09:17:19 PM »
I own 2 Homeboy HOTAS and consulted with him on the design. The throttle was't too tough. It just required cutting a hole in the top, flipping it end to end and running the wires tru that hole (and patching the original opening of course. The stick was the real challenge but bondo, carbon fiber and paint took care of the physical changes. Routing the wiring harness was tricky. Also you need to be really good at soldering electronics. I doubt I could build one myself. I just gave him some ideas. He's a real craftsman. No be builds guns and grandfather clocks. He's not interested in  building lefty gear anymore.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 11:02:33 PM »
Np, thanks for checking with him! 

If anyone has a lefty stick going unused, I'm still looking for one.

Someone is making lefty Warthog sticks, by the way, but I'm specifically looking for CH because the gimbal design lends itself to being the "throttle" stick a lot better.

Edit: linkification
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:10:03 PM by BoilerDown »
Boildown