Author Topic: Connection issues diagnosed to problem with AT&T  (Read 570 times)

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
Connection issues diagnosed to problem with AT&T
« on: April 07, 2016, 01:05:55 PM »
 I am sick of rubber bullets, after hours of elevated tech support with AT&T this is what I have found out.

The echo request is turned off on the switch at IP 75.30.248.2 causing a 60% packet loss on a good day and 90% on a bad, then at IP 70.143.193.2 there is a 100% loss. Uverse is "DSL" and it must go through these IPs. AT&T's elevated tech support has told me that SENDING A LETTER to the "President" at 208 South Akard Street, Dallas TX is the only option I have from here.

When you guys run your ping plots do you run through these IP's? At this point if I am going to send a letter, might as well make it a class action lawsuit. At least one of my neighbors has the same problem. 

I am going to mess with this for one more day, however at this point game play is too un-enjoyable for me. I will probably just suspend my account, and quit until AT&T (the only service provider I can get) can fix this problem. It makes me so mad that I can not get a stable connection from Plano, TX to Keller, TX :joystick:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 01:13:28 PM by vHACKv »
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Connection issues diagnosed to problem with AT&T
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 01:37:16 PM »
If the ICMP ECHO message is being ignored at any given router, then the packet loss result will be 100%, never anything else.  If the number is smaller than 100 and greater than 0, then the ICMP ECHO packet is not being ignored.  It may get a low priority, but that would only come into play if the router in question was dealing with near to over loaded conditions.

Could you post a Ping Plot?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 01:45:54 PM »
http://imgur.com/dsPJucl

We have done this before and you said it was my router... Well I had router replaced yesterday, and the packet loss is still there, AT&T owns both of those IPs where the problem is.

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »
http://imgur.com/dsPJucl

We have done this before and you said it was my router... Well I had router replaced yesterday, and the packet loss is still there, AT&T owns both of those IPs where the problem is.

No, I said the problem is AT your router.  I have no way of knowing if the router is the problem or not.  And the problem still is at your router.  This means it is at your immediate Internet connection which can be your router or your physical connection to the Internet.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 02:05:36 PM »
Well, 3 field techs, 1 field manager, and 1 elevated tech phone support tech told me is the only info I have to go on. We have diagnosed that the problem is not at my router, or line to the house. They are all in "perfect" condition according to the last 3 technicians, I make them show me on their diagnosis equipment, and agree. I have shown all of these people the ping plot as well. Is there any way to not go through those IP's? According to AT&T thech support the answer is no.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 02:10:02 PM by vHACKv »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 02:12:53 PM »
It is almost impossible to change the first router immediately after yours.  It would require a physically changed line to another part of their network.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 02:21:57 PM »
So there is no fix... :furious

The funny thing is the ping jitters go away when I run PingPlotter it is steady 33-34 but will occasionally go to 50. When I shut down PingPlotter ping jitters go from 20-186 and are all over the place.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 02:54:17 PM by vHACKv »

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 03:28:12 PM »
Okay, new tactic was just used. I physically blocked in an AT&T tech with my truck from leaving a late lunch, then told him to call his boss or the cops, his choice but I need my connection fixed. Long story short I spoke to a manager, he said that my tactics were extreme but necessary due to the sheer no. of hours I have spent on this issue. We are now in the process of doing a "rip and rebuild". There is at least one bad port on their router at the IP aforementioned.

Hehehe I know customers can be a pain, and the infrastructure of the interwebs is not you guys at HiTech's burden. As you know those of us in the 49th are more than willing to think outside of the box tactically. AT&T just narrowly avoided a brick through their window on this one. :rock

P.S. We do not condone the threat of violence against AT&T techs.... but sometimes it works :rofl

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 04:41:06 PM »
Thought I would follow this up. This morning started with a no show of the 5th technician, many apologies were had on the phone. Another technician (6th) showed up around 1 p.m., and had a good laugh with me about yesterdays "direct customer relations". 2 hours of diagnosis requiring technician 7 and 8 to show up. After intense deliberation and contemplation of more "direct customer relations", and a bribe of cold drinks with beef jerky were presented. A decision was made to swap ports to a new board on the switch in the neighborhood. After utilizing the collective efforts of 7 AT&T techs and 1 no show here is the new PingPlot:

Unconventional, but effective absolute 0 packet loss!  :banana:

K4 time baby!  :airplane: