Author Topic: Frame Rate in the beta.  (Read 407 times)

Offline BrokenArrow226

• Zinc Member
Frame Rate in the beta.
« on: April 09, 2016, 11:32:39 AM »

in AH2 I have a constant frame rate of 60.
I the beta, I max out at 4.
I'm running a Dell 660c maxed out with a Radion R5 1gig video card and 8 gig of ram.
I check every day for an improvement but nothing has changed as yet.
I also down loaded W10 which improved AH2 ten fold...
Will this be an issue in the final release?
Ty
Bill S. (MrMag00)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Frame Rate in the beta.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 11:38:05 AM »
AH3 depends heavily on the video card and with all the new graphics 1 gig on the video card isn't going to cut it very well. 2 gigs looks like the basic and even 4 gigs can be over worked with all the sliders turned up.

AH2 is dependent on the CPU. So with a good cpu and a crappy video card you could still get descent frame rates.

Looks like it is time to upgrade if your going to want to stay with AH3 when it comes out.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 12:19:53 PM »
Curious, how did W10 improve AH2 tenfold? 

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 12:44:55 PM »
What Fugi said.

There's a reason why there's Radeon 5, 7 and 9 series and the same reason is why they cost ten times more and even more. The 2 GB version of your card wouldn't do any better, the memory is the s-l-o-w DDR3 type instead of the current mainline GDDR5. Sorry.

Quote from: http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/r5#
The AMD Radeon™ R5 Series graphics cards aren’t just great for gaming. They offer astonishing performance and breathtaking image quality to enhance virtually everything you do.

If that was true, why would anyone pay several hundreds for anything else? Hype like that makes me mad.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline BrokenArrow226

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 05:50:08 AM »
I guess saying it improved the game alone was misleading. I lost the files I didn't save and I didn't have anything worth saving so the machine is better overall.

Offline BrokenArrow226

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 05:59:26 AM »
Typo, I have the R7 not the R5, The R5 is 500mb. I returned the R7 and tried the R9 but with the two cooling fans it wouldn't fit in the case. So I took it back to Best Buy and got the R7 back.....With an open box discount...lol

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 08:49:13 AM »
Hiya MrMag00,

Is there maybe another typo "4" fps?  Or are you meaning that you have everything maxed and are getting 4 fps?

The only R7 with 1GB of video memory that Best Buy had listed on their site was the Visontek 250http://www.bestbuy.com/site/visiontek-radeon-r7-250-graphic-card-1030-mhz-core-1-gb-gddr5-sdram-pci-express-3-0-x16/2957245.p?id=1219084309815&skuId=2957245

This will help us to determine if there is something else going on with your setup.  FIRST, please include a dxdiag.txt attachment to a post in this thread.  Let me know if you aren't sure on how to do this.

I suspect that either your machine / drivers are not configured properly, OR you have pushed the beta to unreasonable limits.