Author Topic: my 1st time using AH3 Open Beta Test  (Read 1401 times)

Offline olly1

• Zinc Member
my 1st time using AH3 Open Beta Test
« on: April 25, 2016, 09:38:44 PM »
Right this is what I experience using AH3. I get a lot of file errors when I first log online or offline.
There are a lot more file errors like when playing with the Graphic Details.When am take off more file errors.
I was trying to make the text box for radio messages smaller the thing stopped working and crashed.
In fact anything I try to change came back with file errors or crashed.The engine sound like it was running
away when throttling up and down but the speed of the plane dropped to a stall.I messed around with the RPM and it help me
in the way the engine would sound throttling back and was thinking do you need to use engine throttle and RPM
but someone said its the sound pack.And I find it crashing a lot when playing around with the setting.
The views from inside the cockpit take a bit of time to get use to.Is it me or does it have IL2 1946 feel to it.
I know its only Open Beta Test and its not the full deal but Aces High the game needs to update and not rush it
to make this game work.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: my 1st time using AH3 Open Beta Test
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 06:18:35 AM »
Need to see a DXDIAG output.  Your experience is pretty unique, from what has been posted.  What file errors are you getting (i.e what are you seeing exactly and what error and when do they occur)?

Are you running any anti-xxxx software?  There have been a ton of problems with Avast, Kaspersky, and Norton with the Beta.  We cannot fix that.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline olly1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 06:49:53 AM »
i was getting this when I loaded up from lobby   
 unable to open setting/planes/p51.pwl
unable to open settings/login.cfg
unable to open setting/favs.cfg
crashing when loading map from clipbroad
and anything I clicked on map or they to use the Graphic Details the game crashed

I am thinking of doing a restore on my pc has I have picked up
a few corrupted files when I updated from Windows 7 to windows 10

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 08:53:27 AM »
Those file errors are due to one of the following;

1)  They are marked read-only.  We consider this an error as we need to be able to update our own files.

2)  You are running some type of anti-xxxx software which is interfering with the game.

I suspect the latter due to the other errors.  None of which is in our control.

I would caution you.  Avast, Kaspersky, and Norton have not been friendly to the BETA at all.  They have been interfering with the game, extensively.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline olly1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 01:56:21 PM »
thanks for reply Am using avast and I have just restored my pc am updating so will take another look at the weekend.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 02:07:45 PM »
I'm using Avast, too. It has stopped updating AH3 many times for me. I've also encountered several cases when Avast has quarantined something without telling.

One trick is to set everything in the HiTech Creations folder in every exclusions list you can find in Avast. You may have to redo it after a major update. Heh, now that I typed that I remembered I hadn't checked the exceptions after the latest update, and would you have guessed there was no HiTech Creations mentioned.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 05:15:58 PM »
Need to see a DXDIAG output.  Your experience is pretty unique, from what has been posted.  What file errors are you getting (i.e what are you seeing exactly and what error and when do they occur)?

Are you running any anti-xxxx software?  There have been a ton of problems with Avast, Kaspersky, and Norton with the Beta.  We cannot fix that.

Should add Avira to that list, it kept dropping AHSKView into quarentine
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 05:40:19 AM »
Thank you for the heads up Hungry.  Appreciate it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 08:42:30 AM »

+1
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 09:52:38 AM »

You can ad Avira to the list of virus software

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 09:54:45 AM »
oh. already said