Author Topic: Beta 17 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 18175 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta 17 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2016, 01:21:40 PM »
I still get clipping, flickering, sorting issues with distant trees, buildings and gun pits.
The Shadows are not as good as AH2 because I cannot select smoothing and texture sizes to suit. Having the texture change along a set line/distance is an eyesore from in the cpit view when it goes from high to low LOD and starts to move with the pixilation.
I also have never seen tracers with a trail behind them, I have 106FOV and 1080p res

Dolby,
You are probably like me in that jagged edges kinda ruin the illusion when looking at things from a stationary position (as in a screenshot).  What I have noticed that when I don't concern myself with such resolution and antialias quality type settings, the overall picture is much more sharp with better fps and detail ranges.  While in motion, my eye is too busy looking around to focus on the jagged imperfections

Since what you are describing coincides with higher graphics settings, I believe that it is a matter of how much HiTech can offer us in gameplay, visuals, effects, sounds, framerates, and tweaked memory, before it slams into a wall  :bhead 

I absolutely love your films  :rock, if by final release, you are not able to find the proper balance for gameplay flight, I have found that recording ahfilm at any setting, can be changed to any high res setting post filming that you prefer.  So, this may involve some more editing when including close up shots in your films, but the best of both worlds.

If I had an overall complaint about how things looked while in motion, it would be the lack of color.  I know that I can adjust monitor settings to accomplish much of this, but for a tile / map making suggestion, I would go for real contrast.  Deep dark plush trees / forests (I love the .sliders command for some relief), golden farmed fields, areas of almost fluorescent green grasses and "livelier" colored seas.  Give me these, along with the existing fogging, and I believe it would greatly add to the sensation of altitude.

Basically, the more distractions from the little jaggies  :cool:  the better  :x

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2016, 01:28:10 PM »
I think we are beginning to repeat report things that are on a to do list. I kept reporting the fighter hanger at ports floating 12 inches above the ground for what seemed like 9 months. By this point, myself with tracers and this sound issue is several well pulverized dead horses.

It shows on the ground to us?

HiTech

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2016, 01:36:27 PM »
He may have his speakers set to 5.1, or surround. I think that's what SB does by default.

If by "he" you mean the other fellow I did the test with who hears GV sounds where they should be with headphones but not with speakers, he has just basic PC stereo speakers and realtek sound.

I did check the default settings for my X-Fi card and resetting to defaults does not change the speaker setting. It remains at whatever it had been set manually. 2/2.1, 5.1, 7.1, etc. If it's at 5.1 and you reset to defaults it's still necessary to manually set the speakers to 2/2.1 if that's what you want for testing. At least that's the case for the X-Fi card.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2016, 02:32:26 PM »
I setup DSR for 5760 x 3240. Initial framerates were very good at 50-60fps near the radar factory of the rook (SE side of Greebo). I set up a pretty decent view and hit alt-s to get a screenshot and the game crashed (Aces High has stopped unexpectedly I think it was). So, I then remembered I had textures set at 4096 and I turned them down to 1024 and oddly the frame rates were now at 34-40. Same thing with a crash after hitting alt-s.

So, I started Fraps to get a screenshot with it. Same resolution and textures at 1024. The game then crashed on entry to the arena. Repeated several times to be sure and got the same result.

By the way the game is absolutely beautiful at that resolution. Bring on Pascal!

I don't think this is a bug. After further testing I can use 512 texture size and the game does not crash even at 16k super resolution. 6k super res with 4k texture is just too big a memory footprint.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2016, 02:35:11 PM »
It shows on the ground to us?

HiTech

I was impatient......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2016, 06:23:50 PM »
While shelling the gun tower at the knight radar factory in the crater arena with an M4 I noted that even when my rounds fell short I still saw explosions on the gun platforms. The guns were not destroyed but shouldn't have been. I adjusted my range and took out the guns with the explosions that would be expected.

When one gun remained I got close enough for it to shoot at me and saw the bullet stream coming out of the center of the tower instead of from the gun. At first I thought it was a gun firing through the tower (reported seeing that at a fuel factory over a week ago) but when I took out the visible gun the stream of bullets stopped.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2016, 09:52:02 PM »
I was flying the SBD today. I could not hear my engine. Other players could hear me though.

Ar234 seems like the engine start is not at the same level as the engine run sound.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2016, 02:01:29 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or its my system.

I use the button of my mouse wheel to open/close the clipboard.
After assigning it, I can open the clipboard but pressing the button again will not close the clipboard.  This system works fine in AH2.

Cheers

NG <S>
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2016, 09:12:42 PM »
Logs still crashing beta SeA
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
B25h
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2016, 04:26:32 PM »
the plane has the same sounds at the ME163. Someone should change that to a prop engine sound next patch.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2016, 11:29:39 PM »
Shot down a B-17 flying low over a v base in crater but saw no hit sprites. He started burning so I know he was it. All the auto guns were down so I was the only one shooting.

Offline allcrapp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2016, 11:32:36 PM »
I was driving to a city strat drove into a ditch along the city an this is what I see in picture.

Offline allcrapp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2016, 11:47:37 PM »
I also been experiencing infinite roll when tracked still have to alt f4 to get out of it an was on a tank base near a gun pit an tank got stuck looked like half the tank sunk in the ground. Also getting stuck on trees and builds an can not get out it also would not let main gun fire when I was stuck today.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2016, 11:55:31 PM »
Someone reported that they did not hear approaching vehicles and planes until within 1K. Tonight I was at a crater  V base in a wirble and someone took up a storch. His sound faded out at 3.0 flying away and I heard it again on his return at 3.0. Seems the same as in AH2.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2016, 12:35:13 AM »
@allcrap, that pic looks like you are looking down the edge of the water graphic.

Condor, I think it is vehicles only that you don't hear the sound of until they are at 1k, or maybe even 800yds.