Author Topic: 51 Pilots and 190 Pilots  (Read 3682 times)

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Re: 51 Pilots and 190 Pilots
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2016, 06:47:17 PM »
Running isn't something that is in my skill set. The main reason i fly a u4 is to chase down 51 and also give me the ability to engage more bad guys at once. It is also one of the best planes to fly with a disadvantage. I love that bird..

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2016, 05:53:22 AM »
I found the F8 is the only attack that can safely kill 12 acks plus put a 500 kilo bomb on something juicy outside ack reach.

After deed is done you have enough guns to down a number of fighters, if you keep advantage in speed/alt.

Many late war  planes can do everyting better than the F8, except roll, and absorb damage (except Yak3 that accept 3x damage, with its total weight that is about equal as the armour itself of the F8)
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2016, 06:01:20 AM »
Many late war  planes can do everyting better than the F8, except roll, and absorb damage (except Yak3 that accept 3x damage, with its total weight that is about equal as the armour itself of the F8)

Are you saying the Yak3 needs to be able to absorb more damage? What is your convergence set at ?  :old:  :D
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2016, 11:16:15 AM »
I found the F8 is the only attack that can safely kill 12 acks plus put a 500 kilo bomb on something juicy outside ack reach.

After deed is done you have enough guns to down a number of fighters, if you keep advantage in speed/alt.

Hahaha so true.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2016, 11:51:55 AM »
We are not running, just resetting. Sheesh!
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2016, 01:53:30 PM »
All great points really.  cept one thing:

Its all about the pilot, not the plane. 

When complaining about running, one must take into account the pilot, not the plane.  I will pick on TJ for illustration purposes.  I would never call him a runner no matter what plane he's in because he can fly any plane in the DA and win 95% of the fights slow or fast against 99% of the players of this game (if hes not rusty, etc etc etc).  There is a giant group of pilots in this category, active or not active and to call them runners is laughable and dweebish.

The acid test for openly accusing someone of running should be as follows: (Please verify the validity of this test with good sticks, TJ, CMEX, JUNKY, KAPPA etc.)  Here goes:

Before calling someone in any plane a runner, ask yourself this question:

"If I go to the DA with this person in the plane he's flying, will I get crushed?"  If the answer is yes, please say nothing because chances are we will make fun of you for trying to make fun of someone that pwns you.  If the answer is no, then follow up with the next test question:

"If I fly other planes in the DA against him will I get crushed?" (removing the statistical outlier for accuracy).  If the answer is yes, please fold your hand.  If the answer is no, please troll this person on 200 unmercifully for being a runner.  If you don't know if you can beat him, you best have a thick skin and take your best shot.

Now you know why some people shade.  So that they can get ridiculed on 200 and then go pound arse in the DA.  Simple stuff  :bolt:

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:56:13 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2016, 02:20:02 PM »
oh look its this thread again. I love the fact the mustang has the reputation is does in this game. It is such an advantage for me when I merge with people thinking I'm going to run. I dont really identify with the whole "live no matter the cost" crowd in a video game, but its their 15 bucks i guess.

The only guys that really bug me are the ones who make a few crappy passes at you, blow their E and then run to friends. As soon as the friends engage you, here he comes! We are all guilty of this every once in a while but there are people who have made it into an art form to rack up kills. There are a couple Mustang guys who do this. Its just so desperate. 

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2016, 03:59:45 PM »
All great points really.  cept one thing:

Its all about the pilot, not the plane. 

When complaining about running, one must take into account the pilot, not the plane.  I will pick on TJ for illustration purposes.  I would never call him a runner no matter what plane he's in because he can fly any plane in the DA and win 95% of the fights slow or fast against 99% of the players of this game (if hes not rusty, etc etc etc).  There is a giant group of pilots in this category, active or not active and to call them runners is laughable and dweebish.

The acid test for openly accusing someone of running should be as follows: (Please verify the validity of this test with good sticks, TJ, CMEX, JUNKY, KAPPA etc.)  Here goes:

Before calling someone in any plane a runner, ask yourself this question:

"If I go to the DA with this person in the plane he's flying, will I get crushed?"  If the answer is yes, please say nothing because chances are we will make fun of you for trying to make fun of someone that pwns you.  If the answer is no, then follow up with the next test question:

"If I fly other planes in the DA against him will I get crushed?" (removing the statistical outlier for accuracy).  If the answer is yes, please fold your hand.  If the answer is no, please troll this person on 200 unmercifully for being a runner.  If you don't know if you can beat him, you best have a thick skin and take your best shot.

Now you know why some people shade.  So that they can get ridiculed on 200 and then go pound arse in the DA.  Simple stuff  :bolt:

That's true changeup, but just because they are good in the DA doesn't make them good in the MA. The skills of the pilot really do matter, but when it comes down to it, some planes are just better. The older planes in the MA really are more challenging to be successful in. There is a big difference in skill level consistently landing kills in a older plane that cannot get away from the hoard as easily. There is a different type of skill set in the MA compared to the DA. I'm not taking anything away from TJ because I know he is a great pilot. All I'm saying is that it is much harder to stay alive and be successful in planes that cannot always utilize a speed advantage. The P51 the best WW2 fighter for a reason. In a simulation like this, you can get a much better picture of how good the plane really was. While there are some great 1v1 sticks, I don't think they are as great in the MA. It's a different ball game. So just because they can beat you in any plane in the DA, doesn't mean they will be as successful in the MA in a older plane.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 04:01:50 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2016, 04:17:48 PM »
That's true changeup, but just because they are good in the DA doesn't make them good in the MA. The skills of the pilot really do matter, but when it comes down to it, some planes are just better. The older planes in the MA really are more challenging to be successful in. There is a big difference in skill level consistently landing kills in a older plane that cannot get away from the hoard as easily. There is a different type of skill set in the MA compared to the DA. I'm not taking anything away from TJ because I know he is a great pilot. All I'm saying is that it is much harder to stay alive and be successful in planes that cannot always utilize a speed advantage. The P51 the best WW2 fighter for a reason. In a simulation like this, you can get a much better picture of how good the plane really was. While there are some great 1v1 sticks, I don't think they are as great in the MA. It's a different ball game. So just because they can beat you in any plane in the DA, doesn't mean they will be as successful in the MA in a older plane.

Please name 4 pilots who were as good as I described in the DA and runners in the MA.  You are making an entirely DIFFERENT argument.  Re-read my post as it applies to the OP.  Not as it applies to comparing and contrasting your own opinion of older planes vs newer planes personal challenge.

I'll wait...

BigR is an excellent example of my point.  Call him out as a scorepig or runner in the MA and he'll give you all you want in the DA...in any plane
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 04:20:12 PM by Changeup »

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2016, 04:37:55 PM »
Shining example of not good in the MA but can handle themselves in the DA...Me...I have terrible aim so I don't kill a lot that I should and it ends up coming back as a horde in the end.

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2016, 12:49:54 PM »
Please name 4 pilots who were as good as I described in the DA and runners in the MA.  You are making an entirely DIFFERENT argument.  Re-read my post as it applies to the OP.  Not as it applies to comparing and contrasting your own opinion of older planes vs newer planes personal challenge.

I'll wait...

BigR is an excellent example of my point.  Call him out as a scorepig or runner in the MA and he'll give you all you want in the DA...in any plane

I'll disregard stating any names expect for one who is banned named Skyyr. He was the perfect example I am talking about. Sure, he could beat most players in the DA in any plane, but if you asked him to be as successful in the MA with a C205, as he was in the LA7 or 190D, he wouldn't even come close because he didn't develop his defensive skills well enough. It's not an opinion that older planes are more challenging in the MA, it's a fact, and statistics prove it. Certain planes can be very dangerous like the 190A5 or F4U1, but the majority of time people don't use or can't utilize their strengths in the MA because of so many other late war planes that can catch you and gang you. If the skill levels were even, the late war planes would show out most of the time. All I am saying is that there is little correlation that just because they are good in any plane in the DA, this means they are good in any plane in the MA. I am thinking of players like Grizz, kappa, Krup, Joachim, who actually do fit that profile, but it takes a lot of experience to reach that level.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:54:39 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2016, 11:32:52 PM »
Shining example of not good in the MA but can handle themselves in the DA...Me...I have terrible aim so I don't kill a lot that I should and it ends up coming back as a horde in the end.

You don't care nearly as much in the MA Junky.  Ive flown with you.  A lot.  You try harder in the DA because its personal.  If you managed your SA in the MA as well as you do in the DA you would fair differently and you know it.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2016, 11:39:20 PM »
I'll disregard stating any names expect for one who is banned named Skyyr. He was the perfect example I am talking about. Sure, he could beat most players in the DA in any plane, but if you asked him to be as successful in the MA with a C205, as he was in the LA7 or 190D, he wouldn't even come close because he didn't develop his defensive skills well enough. It's not an opinion that older planes are more challenging in the MA, it's a fact, and statistics prove it. Certain planes can be very dangerous like the 190A5 or F4U1, but the majority of time people don't use or can't utilize their strengths in the MA because of so many other late war planes that can catch you and gang you. If the skill levels were even, the late war planes would show out most of the time. All I am saying is that there is little correlation that just because they are good in any plane in the DA, this means they are good in any plane in the MA. I am thinking of players like Grizz, kappa, Krup, Joachim, who actually do fit that profile, but it takes a lot of experience to reach that level.

You named one.  PM me the other three and make sure they actually care about the MA.  You need look no further than guys like Lazer and Dodger.  They "care" in the MA but not really and that is evidenced by watching them spend as much time flying into hordes as they do flying with hordes. 

All Im saying is runners and scorebags are pilot issues, not plane issues.  If they were forced into Early War gear, they simply wouldn't up unless they had a horde to fly with.  See?  P40s are easy to pick up kills in when your top is being managed by 51's and LA7s and your lower half is being managed by all the bottom feeding zeke drivers. 

Its the pilot not the plane and I can prove it........................... ............................. ...who picks the plane?  The pilot or the game?  You can't run unless you choose a plane that can run.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2016, 09:33:07 AM »
Many will fly the best you can get in the arena available to him, regardless of his skill level.

A good pilot in a uber/perked ride do not not need to fly it, but for some, war is more fun when you have all the advantages.

It's the challenge that drives other players.

Other creative incetives other than perk points might be a good idea vs. flying these "best" planes.

It could be score per ENY to judge rank, or gunnery air to air (instead of increasing your hit%  hitting a semi-or-stationary object)

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2016, 10:11:44 AM »
With the obvious exception of cheating, if you're not having fun playing a game it is not the fault of someone else. Neither are you responsible for other people's fun. Sometimes I furball. Sometimes I play the chess game. Sometimes I play to win "teh w4r". Depends on my mood. If I'm not terribly mistaken I think it was HiTech himself that once said something to the effect of: "The point of this game is to ruin someone else's day." And that is true for most, if not all PvP games.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."