Author Topic: Why do you bail in FSO?  (Read 4096 times)

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Re: Why do you bail in FSO?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 08:51:21 AM »
Both me and my squad are guilty of bailing in the FSO but I, and therefore Duxford were unaware that you died when your plane did. After all it say's "you bravely bailed" and no one until now has or had said anything about it that I can remember. I shall correct this with Duxford Wing RAF, however as for myself, if my planes hurt I bail and it's not for the points, it just cause that's what you would really do.

I have always bailed from an aircraft which is no longer airworthy.  Call it a force of habit, looking for a sense of realism, whatever... however, I have always followed what I believe the intent of the rule to be "Pilots are expected to do their "fighting" from the AC or GV's that they have been assigned to by their CiC. "Once you have been shot down you should be heading to your tower."  Usually accomplished with a quick .EF in the text buffer during free fall.  This prevents me from drawing ack fire over a base (a rules violation) and prevents me from taking potshots at anyone with my .45 out of frustration (also a rules violation)  "Shooting at the enemy with your .45 or drawing anti-aircraft fire with your pilot is not allowed. You may be suspended for doing so."

I would also .EF immediately so other pilots would not tell me to Check-6 inadvertently or ask me to clear their six in a bad situation.  However, it seems that may be an error on my part in favor of an floating AWACS platform (at least until I hit the ground) as long as I'm not in the ack and can keep my finger off the trigger.  :noid

There is however the problem in all the arenas of people bailing from perfectly serviceable aircraft for what ever the reason, I've heard players say, "no more bombs", it took an hour to get to the target and they didn't want to spend the time to fly back", "somebody's going to shoot his perk ride so he pulls the plug", and so on.

There will always be people who play around the rules and without imposing rules upon rules upon rules, there is not much you can do about it.

MA vs FSO... no comparison other than one is practice for the other IMHO  :rock
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2016, 04:56:15 PM »
i bail so I can land next to this:

But mostly I do this:

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2016, 08:15:22 PM »
Drano for this fso I will follow Joker1 and since I know he only uses 20's I will take my 37's and blow them up right in front of him, LOL

salute
ab8aac/dmdchief
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline UncleKurt

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 06:27:15 PM »
I'm with captain1ma.. I'd jump out of a perfectly good airplane that was holding me up too..

Flamers beware, You are Sickening and not needed here. You are on record! If you can't enjoy FSO for the spirit of the event, it's enthusiasum that it gives the other participants, or just enjoying enerybody flyin together..then take your flaming rhetoric and leave us alone.. IMHO.
I Like pizza!
I Hate red airplanes!
Leave my sheep alone!
What an axle!<br/Do Not Impose to Bully Around Me!

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2016, 09:13:36 PM »
Drano for this fso I will follow Joker1 and since I know he only uses 20's I will take my 37's and blow them up right in front of him, LOL

salute
ab8aac/dmdchief
I tried hard but couldn't get a clear shot he he he he used all those 37's up going right by him, LOL
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW