Author Topic: In need of some training!  (Read 992 times)

Offline TXDELTA

• Zinc Member
In need of some training!
« on: April 27, 2016, 05:07:50 PM »
I'm not new to AH but have never flown fighters much and would like to get a better understanding of it.

I am usually on between 3-9pm CST Wed, Thurs, and Sat
Aircraft i fly: A6m5b, N1k, bf109G2
In-game ID: TXDELTA

Wont be available tonight (4/27) but any other time posted above will be great!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: In need of some training!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 05:30:24 PM »
Tex,

I've seen you in the TA a few times,I'm usually just yakking with friends so just give me a shout anytime you see me and we can work on a few things.

You can usually find me in the TA between 9 pm and 11 pm edt.

:salute

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 05:50:01 PM »
^ this IS the trainer you are looking for.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 05:55:48 PM »
Ask for help on 200 if you don't see any trainers on...theirs a lot of people who would be glad to work with you....to include myself.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 08:34:08 PM »
Also, please post some of your experiences here. I always love hearing about other people's "aha" moments.

Many great trainers in the game, Morfiend in perticular is a prime example for many reasons.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:37:44 PM by Owlblink »
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 11:34:25 AM »
Also, please post some of your experiences here. I always love hearing about other people's "aha" moments.

Not sure exactly how I stumbled upon them, but the lead turn and lag roll reverses are now my favorite moves. That, and doing doing a barrel roll around an attacker when he's trying to ho me. If you ever see a spit 9 or spit 16 come out to meet your head-on attack, and it does a tight barrel roll around your aircraft, that's me. For some reason I never get hit with their bullet streams.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 01:47:35 PM »
Tex,

I hope that was helpful last night!  You were starting to fly smoother before we were done. As I said learn those basic moves,fly them over and over until you dont have to think about it and you can just do it.

Hopefully next time we can work on some merge tactics,that will depend on you learning the BFM before we can advance.

Oh and it would help if you have a mic,make communicating much easier.

:salute

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 09:23:00 PM »
Not sure exactly how I stumbled upon them, but the lead turn and lag roll reverses are now my favorite moves. That, and doing doing a barrel roll around an attacker when he's trying to ho me. If you ever see a spit 9 or spit 16 come out to meet your head-on attack, and it does a tight barrel roll around your aircraft, that's me. For some reason I never get hit with their bullet streams.

All great tactics. For you and whomever is interested in improving their pilot skills and still has patients to read, I highly recommend a book called In Pursuit. You should come across a free digital copy (approved by the author) if you search for it. It teaches basic concepts, along with tactics like you mentioned above. There is a very valuable section on the psychological aspect of air combat and a good bit on wingman tactics (something overlooked and missing from many encounters but well worth the time to find regular people to wing up with and work on a few tactics together).

And remember, it takes 2 to HO (but we all still complain about it anyways :neener:) :old:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:27:26 PM by Owlblink »
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TXDELTA

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 12:17:05 AM »
Thanks for the tips owl! I will for sure look it up.
As for the mic situation I have one on the way as I'm typing this!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 12:49:09 AM by TXDELTA »