Author Topic: Pilot's Choice rounds???  (Read 624 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Pilot's Choice rounds???
« on: March 22, 2016, 10:24:01 PM »
Just an idea I had reading another thread...

What if I win a round and I pick "pilot's choice" for the next round....It gives everyone a chance to pick any plane above 10 ENY for the next round.

Could we test this to see how it works? I know for me I'm not there to win any more months of KOTH because I got that TOC invite already :cool: (Except going for a 3 round sweep); So I really don't pick to benefit me to win the next round, I just pick what I feel like flying when I scroll through my plane list; I'm there for the fights now and I think this could be an interesting one.

What do you all think?

:salute KOTHers
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Pilot's Choice rounds???
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 06:36:34 PM »
Just an idea I had reading another thread...

What if I win a round and I pick "pilot's choice" for the next round....It gives everyone a chance to pick any plane above 10 ENY for the next round.

Could we test this to see how it works? I know for me I'm not there to win any more months of KOTH because I got that TOC invite already :cool: (Except going for a 3 round sweep); So I really don't pick to benefit me to win the next round, I just pick what I feel like flying when I scroll through my plane list; I'm there for the fights now and I think this could be an interesting one.

What do you all think?

:salute KOTHers

It does sound like a cool concept. Too be honest though, I don't really think it would work out very well. When it comes down to it, the fights that are 1v1 really depend on a plane that can use the angle better. The alt cap really effects planes that cannot use a steep angle. The A6M would almost be the best plane, since the opponent cannot run. Planes that are limited to BnZ style are really at a major disadvantage if they are to play by the rules. I think only a select few planes would actually be used (if you wanted to actually win).
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 06:57:36 PM »
-1 from me.   Would take too long for me to enable all the potential Rides and as violator says it will skew the advantage to whoever picks the best turny bird etc.   

I wouldn't mind choosing 5-10 set rides before the event starts so we don't get that many silly rounds like 262's / D3A's / TU2's or 190D's but it would take that choice away from the players which I wouldn't want to do either.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 05:49:50 AM »
Fun idea but not quite in the spirit of KOTH
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 11:41:41 AM »
Yea was just a thought, but yea whoever ups a brew or zeak would win easy....didn't think about that.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 10:54:42 PM »
Maybe set something up in the spirit of KOTH,set a different alt cap,
In a custom arena.
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 11:08:03 AM »
I appreciate some planes perform better at certain heights but the idea of KOTH is to promote fighting  and if you can't fight  0-6k  you won't fight any better 0-30k. 

It is a cage match of sorts.  Some guys do actually have trouble staying under the 6k at the start of rounds and you just need to mix it up and merge flatter.  Try flying at 4-5k and with a little throttle control you can easily avoid going above.   :aok

The Few ***
F.P.H