Author Topic: flickering issues  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
Re: flickering issues
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 06:29:25 PM »
Just updated the video card software..... manually. I thought that check for updates button never lied but I guess I was wrong. I have done everything you guys told me to and it seems to have done the trick! I am loving the new version now that its going smoothly! Thanks again everyone!  :airplane:

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 07:36:24 AM »
 :aok

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 09:23:10 AM »
I was in Crater Map yesterday and five people including me were seeing the flickering graphics on the ground in from of us at 10k alt and on mountains. Someone (Chilli?) said it could be the cloud shadows causing it.

<S>
HamrDown

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 09:37:15 AM »
Chilli's suggestion of checking "disable clutter in flight" seemed to do the trick for me, will try to test more this afternoon.

It did appear like the cloud shadows had something to do with it - they were suddenly moving and then moving back on the ocean's surface, and that motion seemed to correspond to the flicker.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 04:54:30 PM »
I believe that I may have been given more credit than deserved.......  While testing we simply ran down a list of items over voice communication and chat, turning them off and moving sliders until we "stumbled" onto disabling "clutter in flight" rendering the best results.  :cheers:

I originally thought the "ShapeStd gamma" was a problem, and lowering it did help with flashing buildings to a small degree.   Shadows disabled, again gave small relief, but disabling "clutter in flight" vastly improved what most had complained about.   :aok

It appears that listening to you ole :old: has an upside to it.   :neener: It felt good to help spot a solution for another.  :cool:  As far as credit for the solution, it goes to the player that tested the results as I  :headscratch: pondered over what to do next.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 05:12:27 PM »
I believe Glenn Curtis would be proud.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 07:42:43 PM »
I believe that I may have been given more credit than deserved.......  While testing we simply ran down a list of items over voice communication and chat, turning them off and moving sliders until we "stumbled" onto disabling "clutter in flight" rendering the best results.  :cheers:

I originally thought the "ShapeStd gamma" was a problem, and lowering it did help with flashing buildings to a small degree.   Shadows disabled, again gave small relief, but disabling "clutter in flight" vastly improved what most had complained about.   :aok

It appears that listening to you ole :old: has an upside to it.   :neener: It felt good to help spot a solution for another.  :cool:  As far as credit for the solution, it goes to the player that tested the results as I  :headscratch: pondered over what to do next.

Well, this afternoon the sun was behind a fairly thick cloud bank, and flickering was back and bad.  Only thing that eliminated it was "Disable shadows".  I think yesterday while CHilli and I were working on possible solutions, the clouds moved past the sun completely.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 02:27:01 PM »
In offline, there is a dot command to speed up the sun's movement (.time ## ## ###)  something like that.  I will see if I can find the thread from alpha testing where it was used.  What you are saying does make sense, as we did move more than one setting.  Going back to ShapeStd slider, that setting automatically resets to default every time that you leave one arena.  You might want to revisit that also, for fine tuning.

:rofl  Chalenge

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,369159.msg4918370.html#msg4918370

Just go off line and set the time. The dot command is .time H M Scale so that ".time 6 0 100" would make it 6:00 AM and the clock would move at 100 times speed.

HiTech
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 02:43:17 PM by Chilli »