Author Topic: Hitech: TrackIR 2-axis mode.  (Read 1994 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hitech: TrackIR 2-axis mode.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 11:11:22 AM »
Zack,

Are you using the default 6-axis mode with your TR or have you reduced it to 2-axis mode which inherits the view from the HPS file? Or are you using an older beta version and not beta 17?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 04:30:17 PM »
Do you think these two lines of code may help?

ClosestIndex = viewGetClosestAttViewIndex(&TrackAtt);
               viewChangePanViewIndex(ClosestIndex,viewPAN_TIME);

They were inadvertently removed when adding in the VR stuff.

Finally dx11 is basicly working so looking at a few of the posted issues.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 05:15:05 PM »
Thank you....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 08:36:10 PM »
Thanks HT!!, great news for us trackir people that are only using the 2 axis setup!
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 03:20:59 AM »
Just wondering, why use only a 2 axis setup with track ir? I use it and have zero issues. I use everything  but true view or object relative. Oh don't use roll either. I have had no issues at all in the beta. Love the fact that in F3 mode in bombers the tracker works!! Was a bit handicapped in AH2, have some trouble using keypad and trying to fly.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 12:00:56 PM »
Just wondering, why use only a 2 axis setup with track ir?

Because I personally don't like doing chair yoga to see over my shoulder when 2-axis mode inherits the saved head postions and pans through them with much less head movement. I've been using TR since TR3 shipped 2003 in AH. I've had a lot of time in AH with TR to repeatedly test this with models of the hardware and updates of the software.

With the new graphics engine I was hoping Hitech would give us rear view mirrors.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2016, 12:05:11 PM »
With the new graphics engine I was hoping Hitech would give us rear view mirrors.

Here here! or is it Hear Hear! Anyway, I agree.  :aok

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2016, 12:32:48 PM »
When HiTech first explained rendering a mirror, IIRC he said that it would require rendering an entire "world" or something to that affect.  I learned with the environment map discussions, that the reflections are made from a picture "cube" that are not constantly refreshed (the same as the environment).

Until there is software, that is able to do what you wish without destroying all important framerates (compare the discussion on environment map settings) I believe that we can keep that item on the wishlist a little while longer (myself included).

edit:  Bustr,  I have always been interested in TrackIR and now VR, but suffering from muscular skeletal pain, especially in the shoulder and neck area, I had been skeptical of my ability to use it for extended periods of time.  Who knows it might end up being therapeutic if done properly. 

My question about TrackIR / VR, is the look back button disorienting, or just more clumbsy?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:40:15 PM by Chilli »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2016, 02:13:05 PM »
Chair Yoga! Nice...I was right! It can be used as an acceptable form of exercise. I never had a issue I guess. I changed the curves on those axis to ease the process. I use a Look Back button and look front button also. For aiming around the nose on some planes. The look front just slaves sight line to center while I am slid to either side of cockpit.  So I guess I am there with you, just didn't understand the terminology you were using. Glad track ir in Beta works in bomber F3mode!!!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2016, 05:49:39 PM »
When HiTech first explained rendering a mirror, IIRC he said that it would require rendering an entire "world" or something to that affect.  I learned with the environment map discussions, that the reflections are made from a picture "cube" that are not constantly refreshed (the same as the environment).

Until there is software, that is able to do what you wish without destroying all important framerates (compare the discussion on environment map settings) I believe that we can keep that item on the wishlist a little while longer (myself included).

edit:  Bustr,  I have always been interested in TrackIR and now VR, but suffering from muscular skeletal pain, especially in the shoulder and neck area, I had been skeptical of my ability to use it for extended periods of time.  Who knows it might end up being therapeutic if done properly. 

My question about TrackIR / VR, is the look back button disorienting, or just more clumbsy?
Chilly, I have Multiple Sclerosis  and have trouble using keyboard buttons. Well hat switches to at times, TrackIR was the best investment to my rig yet. You can personalize the movement curves in just about every axis. A twitch to the left and you can look around the nose, a slight turn of the neck and you are looking back. You can probably get it working for even more restrictions of movement than I have. I loved Track IR so much I outfitted my whole squad. Was only 5 guys, not bragging, but I loved it..and they are practically family. I believe only one guy didn't like it,but he was out of ports to plug it in(old laptop). I got the guys the Model 4 and it uses the same platform as the 5(mine). Couldn't keep an edge if they had same level lol

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 09:52:00 PM »
Chilly, I have Multiple Sclerosis  and have trouble using keyboard buttons. Well hat switches to at times, TrackIR was the best investment to my rig yet.

I've set up a few MS patients to use TrackIR. If anyone has any old models they aren't using anymore, I encourage the AH community to donate them.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2016, 12:16:20 PM »
I will pass the word Delirium.  Thank you 1stpar3.

Hell, I'm gonna say it.............. frea..... G'n MOST awesome community EVERrrrr..............     :aok