Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 381 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
What to do?
« on: April 19, 2016, 01:37:58 PM »
Recently in the game I've noticed the appearance of two Mouses, this occurs most often while selecting a gun position on the cruiser.  When I move the mouse to select the H position the second mouse appears and I go to desktop.  I wonder is this related to the problem I am currently having with Internet explorer, constantly getting recover web page message.

Before I start talking about black helicopters I've got to say I am getting calls from someone who say they are from Microsoft.  This would be more credible if they could speak American English.  The number is 646 588 1663 this is a New York number.

So my question is  there an easy fix or should I just do a fresh reinstall? :noid
AkCaine

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: What to do?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 01:47:17 PM »
It sounds like the game is running at a different video resolution than the desktop and, for whatever reason, your desktop is trying to obtain the focus. 

With two different resolutions, the Windows cursor would be out of place from the game cursor so if both managed to be present on the screen, they could appear in different places.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: What to do?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 01:52:20 PM »
These things are hard to nail without actually seeing all of the symptoms along with the ability to read log files. Skuzzy already gave an insider point of view about your in-game issues.

However, you mentioned issues with Internet Explorer. First thing you could try is to reset it. Go to Internet Options either in the Control Panel or through IE Settings. On the last tab in the right there's a button at the bottom for resetting the entire IE. Along the process you'll be asked if you liked to remove something or not and my advice is to remove everything. Except for passwords in case you've forgot them...

If that doesn't help - and even if it does, for that matter - run a couple of anti-malware scanners. AdwCleaner is a fast one, AntiMalware by Malwarebytes is another known-good tool.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni