Author Topic: Where was the bombers for airfield 54  (Read 1930 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Where was the bombers for airfield 54
« on: April 23, 2016, 08:12:34 AM »
Did I miss something?  P39s carrying bombs was the main attack?

Half of the Aks stayed high for bomber attack that never showed.  So did someone miss their objective?

I would like some kind of answer on this.  Spending 72 minutes flying in circles for bombers that never showed doesn't seem to me the way to spend a Friday night.
AkCaine

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
Re: Where was the bombers for airfield 54
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 09:25:26 AM »
I thought you knew, squadron mate.  There was an IL2 attack that was largely shredded by our co-defenders (we did get a couple) that occurred while we were being harassed by the YAKs.  All this relatively early in the frame.  There was never going to be a TU2 attack.

The P39's were actually a second attack later in the frame. 

Our opponents were clever and took a page right out of the historical VVS playbook.   :salute to them.  A job well done.

You see, it's like a box of chocolates...

:aok
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 10:57:00 AM »
Yeah, us poor IL2s got shredded.  I was able to get bombs off, but not on any hangars before being quite unceremoniously blasted from the skies.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 12:27:27 PM »
A wave of IL2's came in mid alt and POTW found them And pretty much shredded them up only a couple of them made it to the field and got their eggs off but they didnt make it home and I don't think they hit the targets that they were wanting to, There was a squad of yaks that was trying to scatter the defenders but we stayed on our plan and found the IL2's but no TU2's I think they were hitting another base and not 54.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Trainee

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 12:49:00 PM »
Yep, IL's and 39's were all the bombs intended for 54. You guys decimated our IL's. Like shooting fish in a barrel.  :salute
Trainee
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"Step aside Butch..."

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 02:29:39 PM »
A wave of IL2's came in mid alt and POTW found them And pretty much shredded them up only a couple of them made it to the field and got their eggs off but they didnt make it home and I don't think they hit the targets that they were wanting to, There was a squad of yaks that was trying to scatter the defenders but we stayed on our plan and found the IL2's but no TU2's I think they were hitting another base and not 54.

TU2's hit Base 11, fittingly JG11 found them and were mean to them.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 12:24:49 AM »
3 separate bomb attacks on A54.  You must've been the only LW pilot to have not been in attendance.  LOL.

I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 12:56:06 AM »
TU2's hit Base 11, fittingly JG11 found them and were mean to them.

And quite a sight to behold that was.  I made a pass through the lead bombers, took the wing off a TU and garnered an assist, then looped over to make another pass, but the they were... gone.  I don't think I've seen a large formation of bombers decimated that quickly before.

Nicely done, JG11.

:salute
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 07:50:02 AM »
Lots of pieces of TU2's hit Base 11, fittingly JG11 found them and were mean to them.

Corrected for accuracy.

I still get pinging sounds when I'm in the tower....

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 09:58:07 AM »
Still managed to get a few bombers on target, destroying 4 hangars at 11.

:D

Rumors going around that there was a Stampf sighting Friday.  :aok
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 10:41:30 AM »
He was there Nef.   

Dual waves of LW birds was just way more than 10 yaks could cover.. Once all the bomber disappeared, I saw no sense in just handing over more kills, so I called G3 to disengage at will and RTB. 

I know that there were La-5's somewhere, but I never saw one.   We sat on the runway forever in this frame just to have enough gas to cover the bombers to target and hopefully get back.

To the 412th:  Sorry we couldn't give ya better than ya got folks   :salute

It's a tough setup for VVS to pull off.   Behind us all now though, bring on the next one.

JDOG

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 07:27:39 AM »
We sat on the runway forever in this frame

:bhead   :cry
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 01:09:08 PM »
He was there Nef.   

Briefly. - Never saw you Dog - I was so intent on the remaining strikers.  Got a six call from a mate turned and...tower time. Great shot mate.  <S>

SA - easiest thing to lose and can be difficult to get back up to par.  I was never a sharpshooter but prided myself on my SA.  Since returning I'm shooting like a champ but not making it home...

Keeps it always fun and a challenge.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 04:14:16 PM »
And quite a sight to behold that was.  I made a pass through the lead bombers, took the wing off a TU and garnered an assist, then looped over to make another pass, but the they were... gone.  I don't think I've seen a large formation of bombers decimated that quickly before.

Nicely done, JG11.

:salute

:salute Back at'cha Kingpin
Wag more, bark less.

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 07:03:00 PM »
I would like some kind of answer on this.  Spending 72 minutes flying in circles for bombers that never showed doesn't seem to me the way to spend a Friday night.
Banning enthusiastic players for frivolous "offenses" leaves less people to fight.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers