Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2016, 05:20:22 PM »
No disrespect here, but your being a cheerleader. he he
 :salute

Absolutely.  :aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 05:22:00 PM »
HEY!  Well... 92 here. Signed up as soon as I first heard about AW!!! BUT, I wouldn't have been able to afford that crazy crap before then (not that I could when I started).  I've only taken a few "breaks" here and there, mostly for schule and stuff. :old: :joystick: :airplane:

And Tumor!  :aok

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 06:25:26 PM »
Imagine an automotive manufacturer with sinking sales for almost a decade blaming it on the customers... ;)

The customers are what they are. The players are what they are (and actually they have 'gamed' this game all the time). The market is, what it is.
No player can 'fix' a game. If global player behaviors and preferences are actually changing, it's up to a company to adjust for that. You simply can't "change" the players, nobody has that influence, and certainly not the actions individual players can do.
"If just everybody would..." sounds nice, but never works on a larger scale.

True perhaps.   But the fact is that HTC created a combat game and I presume that is why people come here.  However, they avoid combat.  That is not in the hands of the creator to fix.  No amount of bells and whistles can fix that.  I do not understand the mentality of the players that run as soon as an enemy show up, or bail from buffs, or auger rather than give another player a kill.  The fact remains though that there are a great deal of these players in the game and it is not fun for those of us that like to fight, therefore we just leave and the others can play without having to worry about being attacked.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2016, 06:35:44 PM »
However, they avoid combat.  That is not in the hands of the creator to fix.  No amount of bells and whistles can fix that.  I do not understand the mentality of the players that run as soon as an enemy show up, or bail from buffs, or auger rather than give another player a kill.  The fact remains though that there are a great deal of these players in the game and it is not fun for those of us that like to fight, therefore we just leave and the others can play without having to worry about being attacked.

That can be fixed.  With a smaller active area of a terrain, people can't play it like a single-player game.

There are two factions:  people who want to fly around an not be bothered, and people who want interaction and fights.  They aren't compatible groups.  If you make a game suited to one, people in the other group eventually leave.  My feeling is that there will be more success for this game catering to the group that wants interaction, not the group that wants the opposite.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2016, 06:38:58 PM »
fess how hard is it for you and all others who want to fight to communicate with each other and fight till you get tired.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2016, 07:03:42 PM »
fess how hard is it for you and all others who want to fight to communicate with each other and fight till you get tired.

semp

It's time to either pull off your blinders or pull your head out of where it is stuck.  At late nights it is very difficult to find a fight, as most are just content with attacking undefended bases and avoiding any sort of PvP contact.  You don't fly those times so you really don't know what is happening.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2016, 07:32:53 PM »
At late nights it is very difficult to find a fight...

Whenever anyone who flies far off peak talks about what it is like, there are always people who don't seem to recognize that 10 pm Eastern is not the same as 2-3 am Eastern; that flying around for 30 minutes in order to find a single 1:1 (which also ends up being a lame 1:1) is not the same as taking off and flying 0.5-1 sector to a great 10-on-10 battle that has been going on for the past hour; or that if you flew off peak once and found a 1:1 without much trouble, that is not necessarily representative of flying 100 times off peak.

It's almost like telling someone, "Man, I really like a nice medium-rare porterhouse steak, baked potato slathered with butter, and glass of Merlot," and a guy is trying to convince you that a McDonald's cheeseburger, cold fries, and diet coke is just as good because it has beef, potato, and beverage.

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2016, 07:58:19 PM »
True perhaps.   But the fact is that HTC created a combat game and I presume that is why people come here.  However, they avoid combat.  That is not in the hands of the creator to fix.  No amount of bells and whistles can fix that.  I do not understand the mentality of the players that run as soon as an enemy show up, or bail from buffs, or auger rather than give another player a kill.  The fact remains though that there are a great deal of these players in the game and it is not fun for those of us that like to fight, therefore we just leave and the others can play without having to worry about being attacked.

I found that focusing on improving my teammates position in the war to be far more rewarding than running around looking for a dogfight.  IMO, serous white knuckle dogfites are great fun that typically get un-funned because you usually get picked or ganged before it's over.  So, I guess "Be Flexible" is about all I've got for ya.  Works for me. 
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2016, 08:19:42 PM »

Whenever I've had the opportunity to spend time with people who do those things, they are not naturally game talented like many of the vets deriding them here in the forums all the time. They have either limited time to play, or limited interest in spending their precious limited time training to become as proficient as your self.

And for their $14.95, they did not sign up to fill some one else's belt with their scalp for an unknown amount of time into the future. In that case they would simply cancel their subscription because they are paying to have fun. Not have their manhood defined for them by anonymous Pharisees in an online game who want to force on them the one right and only true way to play Aces High.

Your argument is like telling all of your friends that grade school PeeWee baseball leaguers suck, because they cannot play at your level in High School. All because they don't want to play ball games with you after school.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2016, 12:38:34 AM »
It's time to either pull off your blinders or pull your head out of where it is stuck.  At late nights it is very difficult to find a fight, as most are just content with attacking undefended bases and avoiding any sort of PvP contact.  You don't fly those times so you really don't know what is happening.

you need to get your head out of yours.  years ago when I was in a different squad, there were only 5 of us.  we used to fight each other for hours on end and that's when the arenas had 600+ online.  sometimes there would be only 2 of us and we still had a good time.

I count more people here whining that there's no good fights and want some.  well talk to each other, we did back then.  set up yourselves for a nice fight and enjoy it.  but if that is too much work for you then please do keep whining here.

semp

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2016, 12:39:08 AM »
Build it and they will come.
Theres community, theres individule, theres game environment...

AH, hitech, can only set guidelines for community and indie's. AH has 100% control of game environment. You can say its the players death, you can say that the community is toxic but that's ultimately the clients domain, AH has minimal influence with a mandate for civility. But the environment, the playing field/stadium is all AH.

One question I would have if I was AH, do I need all the same basic servers, and way to similar gameplay, so redundantly?

MA, yes
AvA, yes
Dueling, yes
MA middle, no
MA early, no
custom, ?????"?

Are these servers so peeps can get mthly kudos for high ranking or is it because 1200 peeps are filling the seats.....
you cannot change the bee, so you make a better flower.

I still find the runaway complaint odd, takes to long to find thing, if you engender the game with certain attributes, advertise its gameplay strategies a certain way, ie: multi-player w2 flight sim, you have to expect some of the cliental to treat it as real as possible. That means the same tactics and techniques you would use in real warfare, staying alive as long as possible????????. Then theres the HO'ers, omg, they do not run but damn I bet u still cuss after that bleepin HO.

One problem right now is the player count vs the map acreage, AH should have downsized the maps automatically to fit the player counts. AH needs to accommodate those that still pay so that the total game experience does not diminish, do to lack of numbers. Stop the cascade affect........

Remember many devs just make new games, that's how they get by.....

stay on topic and less being nasty please! old grumpy toejams.. :x

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:47:08 AM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2016, 03:31:55 AM »
I have lost count of the number of times I have asked on 200 for people to go to the DA.  My approach is usually "DA anyone?  Teach, learn or just have fun"

I get a taker about once every 100.

I am not in the game to kick people around, I think it would be better to teach others what I know and then we can have even fights.  But in my primetime (Australia) there are so few people on it is hard to do anything.  I play World of Warships a lot now.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2016, 05:22:42 AM »
im up for another DA with you sometime..
I learnt alot and had some fun..
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2016, 05:25:42 AM »
I'd love to the know the finer points of the P51-D if it has any. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2016, 09:10:33 AM »
I'd love to the know the finer points of the P51-D if it has any.

think of the pony as a spit8 with a bigger engine.  fly it like that for a couple of turns and you will surprise the hell out of a lot of people.

semp