Author Topic: Timeframe to AH3 completion and no more AH2?  (Read 3215 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Timeframe to AH3 completion and no more AH2?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 10:11:56 AM »
I think you just answered your own question.

What I was referring to is the fact that I can keep the nose of a P-51 down (below the horizon) more than I remember having done before, and still the airplane slows down.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 10:39:41 AM »
Zack, all atmospheric conditions in the game are simulated, the game is a flight sim, heh...

TC

It is ????? TC really, did you have to.....
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 10:57:35 AM »
I think zack was referring to the methane kind of wind.

and for the OP  2 weeks should just about cover it. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 05:19:14 PM »
Trees move to the breeze and wave break on the beaches.

Now if they get the issue of the controls locking in mid turn..... that would be nice.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 12:25:54 PM »
Many, like me are looking forward to the final version that would be an update to AH2 and then see AH2 no more. I, like many are spending more time in the Beta than in AH2 simply to get better acquainted with the changes to the game and it is really hard to have tasted what is to be and go back to the old.

The sounds are nice,and sure there will be updates, and seems to me that the planes have been modeled a little better; the P51 seems to fly like it really did, and guns are beefed up to what they should be. Is there a list of planes that have been changed and what was changed in AH3 vs AH2?

How far off are we until AH3 is final?

<S>
HamrDown

Typical impatience... a study in today's society
RAM
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2016, 12:49:54 PM »
Typical impatience... a study in today's society
RAM

Moreso an example of how the gaming industry has changed and altered peoples' expectations.  Look at most AAA games, when they release a new version they have a release date way in advance.  When they patch the game, they outline most if not all the details they've altered.

Not saying it's right or wrong, personally I like it a little better when every bit of math involved with a game isn't spelled out for the community, but some people do.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 11:49:07 AM »
Bigger companies have teams of programmers so they can realistically set target dates. Hitech is one man effectively building a custom home with the aid of two over worked helpers carrying out a laundry list of tasks we never hear about.

Give HTC a break.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2016, 11:53:10 AM »
That is a misnomer, at best.

The number of programmers involved, is irrelevant to setting a completion date for any given project.  Matter of fact, more programmers, typically, lead to longer development times.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2016, 12:19:57 PM »
I always thought it was the project managers asking for the last minute teleportation device and fusion drive controller interface the marketing and sales reps promised an investor to get the last big influx of cash to keep the programming team paid. But, that was in the 90's with point of sales barcode inventory to mainframe interfaces EDI for retailers. My apologies to the house....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2016, 12:25:58 PM »
For what I've seen, most "big" games try very hard to launch for special dates such as Christmas or other longer holidays when people supposedly have time to spare and play their games. Quite often the rush results in an inadequately tested product that will get heavily patched during the next year or so. Making half of the buyers happy right off the box seems to be good enough, making half of the unhappy ones happy during the next few months will save the company's good reputation , making the rest happy is something that can be done if there's nothing else to do.

I remember getting a free game with my previous video card. One evening I then decided to give it a try before going to sleep... It took four hours to patch and the update process could not be suspended. Needless to say I didn't try it that night after having installed all the patches.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2016, 01:48:56 PM »
HamrDown,
AH3 is basically in layman's terms.... a graphics engine update

The flight model of the entire plane set has not changed a single bit....

Hope this helps

TC. ( I'm on holiday, will be back soon )

Yea....No. There is DEFINITELY some changes in the flight model. Let me give you an example...

B29 taking off in AH2 barely can get off the ground at a speed of 160-165 and then a notch of flaps. In AH3 she starts at 140 and lifts off.

B17 / B26's - damage model is completely FUBAR'd right now in the latest release 19. Had a 262 come and jump me - hit ONLY the center bomber in the formation yet all 3 planes blew up.

So - something has been tweaked...and I'm not sure where but there are definitely changes - both good and bad. The good thing is that we get to play with everything before it goes final and I like that.

Has anyone also noticed the AAA damage? Flew at 20K over NIT city in B29's and 1 ping blast and on fire to each of my planes. Also, getting hit from 88's or ship AAA guns seem to kill bombers like they are paper airplanes. Almost impossible to fly bombers right now and not get killed every time on first pass of an aircraft.

Just my observations so far...but the graphics are sweet :)

Elec1

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2016, 02:16:26 PM »

Yea....No. There is DEFINITELY some changes in the flight model. Let me give you an example...

B29 taking off in AH2 barely can get off the ground at a speed of 160-165 and then a notch of flaps. In AH3 she starts at 140 and lifts off.

B17 / B26's - damage model is completely FUBAR'd right now in the latest release 19. Had a 262 come and jump me - hit ONLY the center bomber in the formation yet all 3 planes blew up.

So - something has been tweaked...and I'm not sure where but there are definitely changes - both good and bad. The good thing is that we get to play with everything before it goes final and I like that.

Has anyone also noticed the AAA damage? Flew at 20K over NIT city in B29's and 1 ping blast and on fire to each of my planes. Also, getting hit from 88's or ship AAA guns seem to kill bombers like they are paper airplanes. Almost impossible to fly bombers right now and not get killed every time on first pass of an aircraft.

Just my observations so far...but the graphics are sweet :)

Elec1

The only thing that has changed in any flight modeling is one bug fix to how wep works.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2016, 02:22:14 PM »
It feels like control inputs are crisper now that graphics is being processed by the graphics card. Meh, then I've had about three cups of coffee and may be seeing coffee fairies flying around the room too...... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2016, 02:49:10 PM »
For what I've seen, most "big" games try very hard to launch for special dates such as Christmas or other longer holidays when people supposedly have time to spare and play their games. Quite often the rush results in an inadequately tested product that will get heavily patched during the next year or so. Making half of the buyers happy right off the box seems to be good enough, making half of the unhappy ones happy during the next few months will save the company's good reputation , making the rest happy is something that can be done if there's nothing else to do.

I remember getting a free game with my previous video card. One evening I then decided to give it a try before going to sleep... It took four hours to patch and the update process could not be suspended. Needless to say I didn't try it that night after having installed all the patches.

I have a question. how many halves are there and if by chance there are only 2 halves which make up the whole, how many are in "the rest" ?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2016, 03:12:59 PM »
... how many are in "the rest" ?

1/4 of the whole.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane