Author Topic: Bomber Bug?  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Bomber Bug?
« on: April 30, 2016, 09:26:08 PM »
In recent weeks, I have lost all 3 bombers in the formation all at once when being hit by a single plane.  In both cases all 3 planes nose dive at exactly the same time.  My squad mate took down 3 bombers without hitting all three noting the same problem?

Is there a new bug?

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Re: Bomber Bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 07:02:38 PM »
Was the lead bomber hit to the point of not flyable? and did you or didn't you bail from the lead aircraft? 

<S>
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 05:46:47 AM »
Was the lead bomber hit to the point of not flyable? and did you or didn't you bail from the lead aircraft? 

<S>
BigRat

Yes the lead bomber was hit.  No, I did not bail.  I did switch planes but all three were in a spiraling nose dive. 

In three years this has never happened but recently it has happened twice. 

Weird.

Online Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 07:31:04 AM »
I believe killing the lead bomber pilot outright will give you the turkey.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 07:45:06 AM »
This has never happened to me, but I suspect that what you're doing is what's causing it.  If you get a wing clipped and it's flailing to the ground, the drones will follow if you're not in control.  Once the damaged bird gets too far away from the drones they go boom.  When you bail from a lead bomber, a drone becomes lead until you run out of bombers, so bail from that damaged SOB and you won't have this issue anymore. 

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 10:54:53 AM »
This has never happened to me, but I suspect that what you're doing is what's causing it.  If you get a wing clipped and it's flailing to the ground, the drones will follow if you're not in control.  Once the damaged bird gets too far away from the drones they go boom.  When you bail from a lead bomber, a drone becomes lead until you run out of bombers, so bail from that damaged SOB and you won't have this issue anymore.
A clipped wing on the main is what started the event.
Could it be then by using the "Switch Plane" command, I am actually making all three planes dive in?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 11:04:50 AM »
Drones follow the lead.  If you don't bail from the out of control lead, the drones will continue trying to follow it until it gets out of range/crashes.  As far as I know it's how it's always been.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 11:16:29 AM »
Drones follow the lead.  If you don't bail from the out of control lead, the drones will continue trying to follow it until it gets out of range/crashes.  As far as I know it's how it's always been.

Wiley.
I concur. 

Don't switch, bail (only once mind you) and you will be in one of the drones which turns into the lead. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten 3 kills on one pass because I clip the wing off the lead and they hit the enter key too many times and bail out of all 3  :x

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 02:12:24 PM »
I concur. 

Don't switch, bail (only once mind you) and you will be in one of the drones which turns into the lead. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten 3 kills on one pass because I clip the wing off the lead and they hit the enter key too many times and bail out of all 3  :x

I think y'all have my answer.  But you know, I have never bailed from a disabled bomber before letting the auto bail system work and switch me to another plane.  That is unil a acouple of months ago.  Then I added a switch plane function to one of my buttons which I thought was the best way to abandon a disabled bomber. 

What I am guessing is if you switch planes as the lead bomber breaks from formation then you have disabled or delayed the auto bail system.

Thanks to you both for your replies.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 03:53:30 PM »
I have never heard of an auto bail system in the game...
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 04:56:24 PM »
I have never heard of an auto bail system in the game...
In a bomber, if you take a pilot hit, your lead goes boom, and you're in a drone (till you run out of bombers)

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 05:06:59 PM »
Lol. No. Whats happening is that the pilot die and the plane go boom. Same for fighters except that you dont have any drones so you ends up in the Tower. It is not any kind of auto bail.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 05:25:08 PM »
Lol. No. Whats happening is that the pilot die and the plane go boom. Same for fighters except that you dont have any drones so you ends up in the Tower. It is not any kind of auto bail.
Symantics. End result is the same.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 05:45:08 AM »

Not sure what else you would call it since, the automatic change plane feature is the same as a manual bail.

Thanks for everyone's help on this.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 06:20:36 AM »
Dont call it auto bail at least. It is just confusing.