Author Topic: Shadow/Star Burst Resolution  (Read 409 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Shadow/Star Burst Resolution
« on: May 22, 2016, 09:33:49 AM »
Ok, up until recently there was an Advanced menu in the graphics settings that allowed you to adjust the resolution of the shadows. Maybe it was moved, but I can't for the life of me find it, now.

However I'm not worried so much about the shadows as I am the star bursts, which are EXTREMELY blocky and much more intrusive as a result than they ought to be. Is there a way to adjust that yet, or has that particular detail setting been disabled? I don't remember them looking like this in earlier versions.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Shadow/Star Burst Resolution
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »
In the graphics detail menu screen, all the options are there.  Look for lighting and shadow effects on the left hand menu.  Also, there is a dot command, ".sliders" that will allow you to adjust the gamma for STDshp (objects like buildings, runways, and planes), trees, and terrain.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 01:16:11 PM »
Those are just check boxes to turn them off and on. There used to be a drop-down to set the shadow resolution, even in the Alpha/Beta.

I'll check the .sliders command when I get home, but I don't think this is a gamma setting.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 01:50:04 PM »
 :headscratch:  Sorry, not to my recollection.  Only in AH2 is there a shadow smooth drop down box.  Is that possibly it?  The only other settings are texture and FOV settings, both located in the video settings screen.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 02:25:42 PM »
Unless I am mistaken hitech moved the texture sizes to a universal setting on the clipboard just as you start the game and choose whether to play online or offline, under video settings.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 02:30:08 PM »
Unless I am mistaken hitech moved the texture sizes to a universal setting on the clipboard just as you start the game and choose whether to play online or offline, under video settings.

That's one of the settings I'd checked, and it's set to 4096, which is the max size I can select from.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 03:52:48 PM »
Yes, I think there is a bug right now. I'm sure hitech will look into it after he gets the vr worked out to his satisfaction.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 05:30:06 PM »
HT posted that the shadow issue is in the code and will be fixed.

I was thinking it was my card as the GTX 900 series have that problem in many games but HT said it was in the AH III code.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 09:03:16 PM »
On the other hand, thanks for point out .sliders. Aircraft were absolutely vanishing against any sort of dark background — it reminded me of one of the earlier terrain revisions for AHII, when the terrain textures ended up much darker than they were supposed to — or becoming incredibly difficult to pick out when in shadow, even at extremely close ranges. Going to play with gamma for shapes to see if that helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 06:42:44 AM »
Please do not attempt to fix a bug in the Beta by changing settings.  By doing so, you may cover up another bug and prolong it getting fixed.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com